The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-44505448

Chinese media have mocked US President Donald Trump over plans to impose 25% tariffs on $50bn worth of Chinese goods, saying "wise men build bridges but fools build walls".

I guess this must be the Great Bridge of China
    The-Great-Wall-of-China.jpg

In fairness, that wall didn't work and was largely foolish. A Chinese dynasty collapsed by trying to eliminate trade with the outside world. Not sure they mean to be so "on the nose" but likely unintentionally they are commenting on national faults in their own history.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    In fairness, that wall didn't work and was largely foolish. A Chinese dynasty collapsed by trying to eliminate trade with the outside world. Not sure they mean to be so "on the nose" but likely unintentionally they are commenting on national faults in their own history.
    I was not aware of that fact, thank you for sharing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How do the Chinese rationalize having much higher tariffs for many years on our goods than we do on theirs? Sounds like they have been building walls, not bridges, for years. Maybe this is a "do as I say, not as I do" thing.

And I don't suppose they want to talk about their currency manipulation which causes a big part of our huge trade deficit with them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

BBI drops some history knowledge! The Great Wall was about as effective as the Maginot.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    BBI drops some history knowledge! The Great Wall was about as effective as the Maginot.

Yeah, but the Chinese are masters at playing the looooooooooong game. Invest heavily in 14th century, rake in the tourism $$$ several hundred years later.;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The price of giving the American public bad info. Sometimes I feel sorry for Sarah Sanders. Then I think about it, and figure she's still up there being the mouthpiece of an administration that continually gives her bad or false information, that she then dishes out to the public. It's hard to sympathize with her when she knows the score.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The price of giving the American public bad info. Sometimes I feel sorry for Sarah Sanders. Then I think about it, and figure she's still up there being the mouthpiece of an administration that continually gives her bad or false information, that she then dishes out to the public. It's hard to sympathize with her when she knows the score.

Just like the mouthpiece that said Benghazi was about a ****ty youtube video. Not only hard to sympathize with, but I believe belongs in jail, based on her entire body of work. I can't say the same for Sarah.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Why just talk about one side of it. Trump has said some stuff that I’d rather the president not say. But he’s never said anything that should earn him “literally hitler”. There is nothing this administration has said or done that should make people hate him so much that the press secretary gets chased out of restaurants.

I’d estimate that the portion of Americans who have a non-deluded opinion of the president is very, very low, and comes from overly positive and overly negative hyperbole from both sides. And the impact of that is ****ing ridiculous.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder what happens when the good guys start refusing service to the resist crowd? :dunno:

Then again, good guys would never do such a thing...

MAGA ;)

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I’d estimate that the portion of Americans who have a non-deluded opinion of the president is very, very low, and comes from overly positive and overly negative hyperbole from both sides. And the impact of that is ****ing ridiculous.

So what you're saying is ... the portion of Trump supporters who have a deluded opinion is 'very, very high', and is caused by 'positive hyperbole'? That's rich right there. I'm not delusional about Trump, just could not fathom the alternative.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, there is a sizable portion of Trump supporters who think he can do no wrong, that every thing he does is right, that he’s playing 4d chess rather than just stumbling through the presidency just trying to figure things out as he goes, that any criticism for Trump means you’re disloyal to America. I’m not talking about the people who think of Trump as a middle finger, or that understand Trump’s shortcomings but still support him because he’s still better than the alternative, or is getting enough things right to more than offset the wrong, and can at least admit the things are wrong, and that there are many things to criticize.

If you’re capable of criticizing Trump at all you’re probably not in the delusional group. If you think he’s perfect, you might want to introspect a little.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Yes, there is a sizable portion of Trump supporters who think he can do no wrong, that every thing he does is right, that he’s playing 4d chess rather than just stumbling through the presidency just trying to figure things out as he goes, that any criticism for Trump means you’re disloyal to America.

I've never met the 1st person that matches your description above. Not saying you're wrong, that's just not what my experience has been. Course, if you go to a Trump rally, you might see more than a few. I have met, and seen evidence of, many Hillary and Obama fans who match your description to a T. Witness the MSM.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've never met the 1st person that matches your description above. Not saying you're wrong, that's just not what my experience has been. Course, if you go to a Trump rally, you might see more than a few. I have met, and seen evidence of, many Hillary and Obama fans who match your description to a T. Witness the MSM.
    Yes. They’re on both sides.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why just talk about one side of it. Trump has said some stuff that I’d rather the president not say. But he’s never said anything that should earn him “literally hitler”. There is nothing this administration has said or done that should make people hate him so much that the press secretary gets chased out of restaurants.

So much truth here. +10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom