The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    maxresdefault.jpg

It's hot out, remember to hydrate. For your health.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I sometimes wonder how many roundabouts you can see from up there on the cross that you've nailed yourself to. :):

You come on this forum almost daily, call everyone hypocrites or imply that the majority of the members are racist, regularly bask in self-adulation that would make Trump blush, then whine when this is all pointed out to you. Maybe nobody taught you that crapping in the sandbox every day might result in a bit of negativity towards you from the other kids. I dunno. I have a hard time understanding the level of narcissism that makes someone spend their waking hours doing this sort of thing.

Now go run and tell the mods about this "personal attack." IDGAF. :)

Well said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Making people think is always the agenda. Even those that fight tooth and nail against doing so.

Well. Let's see.

The president on his pledge to bring home the remains of Korean War Vets, and some of his "inspiration."

“One of the things that really I’m happy is that the soldiers that died in Korea, their remains are going to be coming back home,” Trump said. “And we have thousands of people that have asked for that — thousands and thousands of people.”
    “So many people asked when I was on the campaign,” Trump said. “I’d say, ‘wait a minute, I don’t have any relationship’ — but they said, ‘when you can, president, we’d love our son to be brought back home’ — you know, the remains.”
    Uhhhh..... :scratch:

Kut (is sure this will go over a few heads)

So what's the meaning you're trying to convey here? What must I read between the lines to know what you're getting at? Exactly what is going over a few heads?

It's obvious enough that it's unlikely that parents of fallen Korean War soldiers actually talked to Trump.

Well. That's pretty wide open, but given the TDS, it has to be the most negative interpretation of why Trump said it. Yep. It HAS to be nefarious. So idunno. Couldn't possibly be that it was a simple gaffe, that he confused parents for children. Or, it's just standard boastful "Trump" embellishing, talking out of his ass. But Nope. Had to be nefarious. So what great depths were you trying

I guess this is the greater, deeper understanding you'd like us to think so deeply about:

The average age of a Korean War vet is 87. And if we're generous and assume that most of their parents were 17 when they had them, that would place the average age of their parents at around 104. 102 if where talking about when Trump was on the campaign trail. So it idea a bunch of Centenarians, who had children killed in the Korean War, are of sound mind to remember, still mobile, with access to a presidential candidate, and are Donald Trump supporters is dubious. Very dubious.
    The purpose of communication, shouldn't be to mislead others.

And thus, this scholarly exercise in Socratic dialog was to get us to think ever more deeply than our obviously shallow feeble minds struggle to discover the true depths of Trump's deceptive schemes. Or, hell. I'll thrown you an out. It's to show those shallow minded Obama haters how their own biased hatefulness made for their obviously shallow accusations.

But. Then you'd have to give up the belief that what is more reasonably interpreted as a gaffe, and typical Trumpian boastfulness, was really a nefarious deception. Thank you so much for helping the INGO shallow people think so much more deeply. Or, maybe you're just overthinking it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And you know they're triggered when they're comments stop being about the posts, but the poster.

Responding to an idea is sometimes inseparable from the personality, especially when motivation was involved. But it's clearly across the line when it's only about the person, separated from the ideas.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Besides your lying... does this mean that I can't expect you to return my "crew" application? Nevertheless, my triggered friend, my politics need not conform to yours nor anyone else's. I say my piece, and people lose their pants (well if they're wearing them). I have done nothing any different than any other poster, other than revealing the opposite perspective. What I HAVEN"T done, is insult members repeatedly, make veiled racist jokes, complain ad nauseam about my feeling being hurt, nor stalk other members offline. You are last person to talk about anything, because your history is full of such rhetoric. You, nor anyone else of our rights loving community, should have an issue with a difference of opinion, unless it's disrespectful, crass, or otherwise inappropriately relayed. You'll be hard pressed to find such from me... and your fragile feelings being hurt, doesn't apply.

But what you have done is marginalize members who dispassionately and intelligently challenge your viewpoint and insinuate that anyone who disagrees with your interpretation of quite a number of events do so from unacknowledged or hidden racism

An in thread reminder of the early, high level of butthurt ... some people ... might exhibit vis a vis the election of Trump and the planned and intentional trolling that seems to be their chosen response

View attachment 67692

Note the date, a little more than two weeks after the election

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    But what you have done is marginalize members who dispassionately and intelligently challenge your viewpoint and insinuate that anyone who disagrees with your interpretation of quite a number of events do so from unacknowledged or hidden racism

An in thread reminder of the early, high level of butthurt ... some people ... might exhibit vis a vis the election of Trump and the planned and intentional trolling that seems to be their chosen response

View attachment 67692

Note the date, a little more than two weeks after the election
    I have never understood how that screenshot is supposed to reflect poorly on Kut, at least if we are going to even pretend to have objective standards when it comes to politics and government.

Then again, I have little love for Obama or Trump so maybe it's just because I don't I have an ox out there to be gored?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If one's whole gestalt is to troll, is it not germane

And no one mentioned Kut, so what might make you jump to that conclusion? Body of work?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    If one's whole gestalt is to troll, is it not germane

And no one mentioned Kut, so what might make you jump to that conclusion? Body of work?
    You have posted it before in reference to him. I think that you and I perhaps have a different definition of a troll.

I disagree with a good bit of his criticisms of Trump, but I also disagree just as much with a whole bunch of the Trump adulation that goes on around here. Once again, maybe it's because I just don't have an ox out there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a problem with anyone who seems to seek out and home in on members who can be goaded into ... incautious behavior ... and then seems to derive perverse pleasure in pushing their buttons until they get themselves banned. I have a problem with members who set themselves up to be teachers of how other members should think, and do so in such a mealy-mouthed way that they can dodge any responsibility if their viewpoint is called out.
    I have a problem with internet personas that 'bring something' to their chosen forum when that something amounts to sophisticated trolling. Sometimes I've just had a belly full, but with time I get over it.

YMMV

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If he were actually here for intellectual conversation, open a dialogue and teach/learn he wouldn’t be “looking forward to pointing out hypocrisy”. He would be looking forward to opening conversations with an open mind to possibly look at things differently. Instead, it seems he would rather come swing a stick at a hornets nest then play the victim when he gets stung. Meanwhile, every time he gets stung he goes to the mods and another member is punished/banned and the numbers decline, all so he can bounce between forums straddling both sides of the fence on issues just to be an aggressor and ruffle feathers for something to do. But, to each their own. When he actually answers questions and asks questions it’s fine, but recently it’s cherry picking and trying to get people fired up instead of engaging in a constructive debate.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have a problem with anyone who seems to seek out and home in on members who can be goaded into ... incautious behavior ... and then seems to derive perverse pleasure in pushing their buttons until they get themselves banned. I have a problem with members who set themselves up to be teachers of how other members should think, and do so in such a mealy-mouthed way that they can dodge any responsibility if their viewpoint is called out.
    I have a problem with internet personas that 'bring something' to their chosen forum when that something amounts to sophisticated trolling. Sometimes I've just had a belly full, but with time I get over it.

YMMV

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BugI02 again.

This. Exactly 100%

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    If he were actually here for intellectual conversation, open a dialogue and teach/learn he wouldn’t be “looking forward to pointing out hypocrisy”. He would be looking forward to opening conversations with an open mind to possibly look at things differently. Instead, it seems he would rather come swing a stick at a hornets nest then play the victim when he gets stung. Meanwhile, every time he gets stung he goes to the mods and another member is punished/banned and the numbers decline, all so he can bounce between forums straddling both sides of the fence on issues just to be an aggressor and ruffle feathers for something to do. But, to each their own. When he actually answers questions and asks questions it’s fine, but recently it’s cherry picking and trying to get people fired up instead of engaging in a constructive debate.
    LOL, unlike Mr. March 2018, I actually remember when and why he joined the forum. As memory serves, it was about an issue that he and I absolutely disagreed about.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    LOL, unlike Mr. March 2018, I actually remember when and why he joined the forum. As memory serves, it was about an issue that he and I absolutely disagreed about.

Ahhh no you’re right, since I’ve only been here since March I’ll just sit on the sideline and watch the pros with 6000 post in 9 years guide us who lack the wisdom you and him bring.

My fault. Back in my place :rolleyes:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Ahhh no you’re right, since I’ve only been here since March I’ll just sit on the sideline and watch the pros with 6000 post in 9 years guide us who lack the wisdom you and him bring.

My fault. Back in my place :rolleyes:
    Before you go to blathering on about why someone came to this forum, maybe you should use the search function. It's not that hard. Looking back, it might not actually have been one I disagreed about.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0-bad-experience-carmel-pd-8.html#post1582542

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Before you go to blathering on about why someone came to this forum, maybe you should use the search function. It's not that hard. Looking back, it might not actually have been one I disagreed about.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0-bad-experience-carmel-pd-8.html#post1582542

Now you’re acting like him. When did I mention WHY he joined? I said WHAT he does here recently.

people can view and read the forums without being a member. Lots of people read it for years and never make an account. But, that’s besides the point.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ever had an account here before?

No always browsed and read through all the threads. Looked up a lot here when I started carrying few years ago.

And why would you jump to that conclusion after my comment? Did it insinuate I have? That’s 2 comments now you assumed something that was never implied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom