The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Just saw this article by leftist The Atlantic from October 2016. The info below is amazingly spot-on. Of course, the rest of the article assumed that it would be Trump and his voters that would be contesting the election and becoming violent. In other words: projection.

Supporters of losing candidates tend to lose faith in democracy and democratic institutions, even after elections that aren’t particularly contentious. When your preferred politician or party loses, in other words, resentment is inevitable.

This is why the democratic bargain is so important: Winners do not suppress losers, which means losers can hope to be winners in the future. As a result, the losers’ doubts about the legitimacy of the political system gradually recede as they prepare for the next election.

But if the losing candidate doesn’t uphold his or her side of the bargain by recognizing the winner’s right to rule, that acute loss of faith in democracy among the candidate’s supporters can become chronic, potentially devolving into civil disobedience, political violence, and a crisis of democratic legitimacy. How the loser responds is especially critical because losers naturally have the most grievances about the election. In other words: projection.

n the aftermath of a loss, there is plenty of kindling for irresponsible politicians to set fire to,” Bowler notes. “Most politicians who lose elections recognize this potential for mischief, and so they ordinarily make a creditable run at helping to keep matters calm.”

All losing presidential candidates in modern U.S. history have avoided the temptation to fan the flames of grievance, and have instead shown restraint and respect for the peaceful transfer of power.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Tariffs and bailouts, the free market at work.

None of that is mutually exclusive with a 25% tarif by the biggest importer hurting prices, I'm not sure why we aren't willing to cede that point here.

All of those, among others, are contributing factors to current prices. That being the case, I'm not sure why we can't concede that there are more to low soybean prices than tariffs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    good morning

EApQSnTXsAEHIwc

I just realized that it was the president that said this. What was his inclination to attack Al Sharpton? Was this out of the blue or did Sharpton do something?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just realized that it was the president that said this. What was his inclination to attack Al Sharpton? Was this out of the blue or did Sharpton do something?

What did the rev. do this time? I have not been following.

Just more on the Baltimore comments, escalating.

Back-and-forth with Elijah Cummings. They said Trump's comments about "rats" in Baltimore was somehow "racist"... Sharpton steps in to say he's going to Baltimore to speak, Trump points out how racist he is (which, let's be honest, the dude's a massive racist and anti-Semite)

And so on.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-elijah-cummings-president-calls-congressman-racist

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ton-as-feud-with-dems-over-baltimore-heats-up

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just more on the Baltimore comments, escalating.

Back-and-forth with Elijah Cummings. They said Trump's comments about "rats" in Baltimore was somehow "racist"... Sharpton steps in to say he's going to Baltimore to speak, Trump points out how racist he is (which, let's be honest, the dude's a massive racist and anti-Semite)

And so on.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-elijah-cummings-president-calls-congressman-racist

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ton-as-feud-with-dems-over-baltimore-heats-up

Oh, he's taking a page out the Southern Strategy book.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In the article the farmer states “Prices were lower last year and last year was lower than the year before. The prices were low with Obama.” yet the Obama years were by far the best for soybean prices. Is anyone really going to argue the largest soybean importer putting a 25% tariff on our soybean exports isn't hurting the price?

No one here is arguing it's just tariffs.

So, are you 'no one', because ...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Oh, he's taking a page out the Southern Strategy book.

**** that. I'll let Jericho Green slam dunk your accusation.

[video=youtube;uCcz0cVY1t8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCcz0cVY1t8[/video]

Trump says that truth and you can count on the woke left to yell "Racist" to cover their own failings.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    **** that. I'll let Jericho Green slam dunk your accusation.

[video=youtube;uCcz0cVY1t8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCcz0cVY1t8[/video]

Trump says that truth and you can count on the woke left to yell "Racist" to cover their own failings.

Jericho Green is entitled to his opinion. He's another one cut from the same cloth as Diamond and Silk and Candace Owens. People that know full well their opinions will be seized upon, by those looking for reinforcemnet. There have always been those willing to do whatever to work in the house.

And what truth are you talking about? Today, he's blaming Elijah Cummings for Baltimore's issues. "Yesterday," he blamed Obama...

Here's what the president wrote 4/28/2015
    Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

President Obama, you have a big job to do. Go to Baltimore and bring both sides together. With proper leadership, it can be done! Do it.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump

"@Vanderpunked: Can we drop @realDonaldTrump off in the middle of #Baltimore so he can show Obama how it's done?" I would fix it fast!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

So what truth are you relying? Or is "truth' a type of hypocrisy dependent on who is in office. His rhetoric is absolutely a Southern Strategy tactic, which doesn't mean he himself is a racist, but that he thinks many of his supporters are. I've said as much previously.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I think China is no longer a "developing country".

Maybe we could refer to them as a developing empire.
    Yeh, dats dah ticket!:)

You know, this whole interplay throughout the world island of the new silk road and the resource regions of the other continents is the biggest show there is now.

And it is the draining of our life's blood that has made it all possible. Don't yah love it when a plan comes together! I know I love it when the president plainly states problems with China but I surely wish he would lame the blame on the functionaries in the west who made it happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom