The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Jericho Green is entitled to his opinion. He's another one cut from the same cloth as Diamond and Silk and Candace Owens. People that know full well their opinions will be seized upon, by those looking for reinforcemnet. There have always been those willing to do whatever to work in the house.

And what truth are you talking about? Today, he's blaming Elijah Cummings for Baltimore's issues. "Yesterday," he blamed Obama...

Here's what the president wrote 4/28/2015

So what truth are you relying? Or is "truth' a type of hypocrisy dependent on who is in office. His rhetoric is absolutely a Southern Strategy tactic, which doesn't mean he himself is a racist, but that he thinks many of his supporters are. I've said as much previously.

the bottom line is lib/dem ran city's get run in the ground by the leadership that is what they are highlighting.....

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Jericho Green is entitled to his opinion. He's another one cut from the same cloth as Diamond and Silk and Candace Owens. People that know full well their opinions will be seized upon, by those looking for reinforcemnet. There have always been those willing to do whatever to work in the house.

And what truth are you talking about? Today, he's blaming Elijah Cummings for Baltimore's issues. "Yesterday," he blamed Obama...

Here's what the president wrote 4/28/2015

So what truth are you relying? Or is "truth' a type of hypocrisy dependent on who is in office. His rhetoric is absolutely a Southern Strategy tactic, which doesn't mean he himself is a racist, but that he thinks many of his supporters are. I've said as much previously.

Our president is garnering support from various segments of the electorate by means appropriate to their comfort zones. That's SOP if he wants their votes. Some people benightedly would refer to that political SOP as trying to be all things to all people, telling them what they want to hear, yadah, yadah. In reality it is trying to gauge your presentation to our country's extremely diverse electorate. The sad truth of the matter is that the majority of the electorate has grown up on lies, been bathed in a 24/7 system of intentional deceit designed to make targeted segments think different realities are "truth" and really just do not want to have their comfort zones threatened. So, when he gauges his presentation does he have to target groupings within the electorate in ways calculated to provide a sufficient % of the vote on voting day?

OK, said all that to say this...
    What is this guy's desired end goal? Trying to bicker and moan about the always available foibles of an individual human being is pretty pointless unless the real purpose is to attack him because of what you think he really, really intends to do.
    So, what are this guy's real intents for America? Anybody out there want to take a shot at that? Nothing else really matters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    the bottom line is lib/dem ran city's get run in the ground by the leadership that is what they are highlighting.....

Which leadership? The Rep. Cummings 2019 or the President Obama 2015? And if they both share blame, why doesn't the President Trump 2019 also takes some of that blame. He said he would "fix" it, so why hasn't he?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Our president is garnering support from various segments of the electorate by means appropriate to their comfort zones. That's SOP if he wants their votes. Some people benightedly would refer to that political SOP as trying to be all things to all people, telling them what they want to hear, yadah, yadah. In reality it is trying to gauge your presentation to our country's extremely diverse electorate. The sad truth of the matter is that the majority of the electorate has grown up on lies, been bathed in a 24/7 system of intentional deceit designed to make targeted segments think different realities are "truth" and really just do not want to have their comfort zones threatened. So, when he gauges his presentation does he have to target groupings within the electorate in ways calculated to provide a sufficient % of the vote on voting day?

OK, said all that to say this...
    What is this guy's desired end goal? Trying to bicker and moan about the always available foibles of an individual human being is pretty pointless unless the real purpose is to attack him because of what you think he really, really intends to do.
    So, what are this guy's real intents for America? Anybody out there want to take a shot at that? Nothing else really matters.

I don't really disagree. There's a reason why the Southern Strategy was conceived, just like every other plan.... to motivate voters, by any means they can.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Which leadership? The Rep. Cummings 2019 or the President Obama 2015? And if they both share blame, why doesn't the President Trump 2019 also takes some of that blame. He said he would "fix" it, so why hasn't he?

Obama gave Baltimore 1.8 billion and nothing changed.....but i'm sure a bunch of dems got there pockets greased.....why is Trump to blame he isn't running the city or Chicago,San Fran and the like..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obama gave Baltimore 1.8 billion and nothing changed.....but i'm sure a bunch of dems got there pockets greased.....why is Trump to blame he isn't running the city or Chicago,San Fran and the like..

I'm not issuing blame. I'd like someone to be at least bit intellectually honest, and admit that if Trump was blaming President Obama for not fixing Baltimore, then he's being a hypocrite for not taking the blame himself. The current president, said that he would "fix it fast," and yet Baltimore is still Baltimore.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Baltimore has had liberal mayors for many years. Baltimore has has liberal representatives for many years and a liberal president, obummer, for eight years. Conditions have worsened for a long time because of this. To complain that Trump hasn’t fixed it for them in his short time is ludicrous.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Jericho Green is entitled to his opinion. He's another one cut from the same cloth as Diamond and Silk and Candace Owens. People that know full well their opinions will be seized upon, by those looking for reinforcemnet. There have always been those willing to do whatever to work in the house. .

Hey at least you didn’t directly call them race traitors so that’s a positive.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Baltimore has had liberal mayors for many years. Baltimore has has liberal representatives for many years and a liberal president, obummer, for eight years. Conditions have worsened for a long time because of this. To complain that Trump hasn’t fixed it for them in his short time is ludicrous.

To take Trump at his word is ludicrous.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm not issuing blame. I'd like someone to be at least bit intellectually honest, and admit that if Trump was blaming President Obama for not fixing Baltimore, then he's being a hypocrite for not taking the blame himself. The current president, said that he would "fix it fast," and yet Baltimore is still Baltimore.

“The fact is, Baltimore can be brought back, maybe even to new heights of success and glory, but not with King Elijah and that crew,” Trump wrote. “When the leaders of Baltimore want to see the City rise again, I am in a very beautiful oval shaped office waiting for your call!”

They have not called. It would make more sense to blame those made Baltimore crap not those who stand ready to help. They must like the crap they have made, they keep doing it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey at least you didn’t directly call them race traitors so that’s a positive.
    No but there’s another phrase that has been historically used that he’s attempting to categorize them as.

I won’t mention it but he knows what I’m referring to.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    “The fact is, Baltimore can be brought back, maybe even to new heights of success and glory, but not with King Elijah and that crew,” Trump wrote. “When the leaders of Baltimore want to see the City rise again, I am in a very beautiful oval shaped office waiting for your call!”

They have not called. It would make more sense to blame those made Baltimore crap not those who stand ready to help. They must like the crap they have made, they keep doing it.

Then I'll be waiting for his tweet apologizing to the previous occupant of the White House.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's that. It doesn't make the sanitized comments or the sentiments behind them any less vile and disgusting though.

No but there’s another phrase that has been historically used that he’s attempting to categorize them as.
    I won’t mention it but he knows what I’m referring to.

That came through loud and clear.
    This place almost seems like it could be nbpp.org lite...
    :popcorn:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That doesn’t make any sense.

It makes complete sense.
    -Person "A" blames President B for the bad state of Anytown, USA
    -Person "A" says he can fix Anytown USA if he were elected President
    -Person "A" becomes President and Anytown, USA is still in a bad state
    -President "A" avoid blame for Anyone USA, by blaming the representatives of Anytown USA
    -The Representatives of Anytown, USA are the same representatives that were there when President "B" was in office
    -President "A" owes President "B" an apology for blaming him for the state of Anytown, USA.

:dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

This might be funnier if it wasn't just sad. You had to go there, with a reference to working at the plantation - all because those named are showing signs of escaping?

What of Mr Cummings himself. He's been doing 'whatever' to work in the house - 13 yrs in the Maryland 'House' of Delegates and 23 years and counting in the 'House' of Representatives. In that time he has increased his net worth to at least
    $1.5million all most all of it in real estate. You want to consider what might have happened between 2007 and 2008 when his net worth jumped from between $250k - $500k with one primary asset (and well below the median 'House' net worth) to between $1.265mil - $2.725mil with 3 properties worth $1 - $2mil and including an annuity valued $250k - $500k and 15 mutual fund investments cumulatively valued between $15k and $225k. This sudden wealth vaulted him well over the median house net worth where he has remained ever since. Wonder where he got the money to fund annuities and buy expensive real property? I don't think he made it all that year (or any year) in the stock market. In that one year he increased his net worth between 5 and 9 times. Must have had the same advisor that got the Clintons into cattle futures, eh?

So who's really selling out here to work in the 'house'?

ETA: https://www.opensecrets.org/personal-finances/assets/Elijah-Cummings?cid=N00001971&year=2008

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom