The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    But, changing a quote to suit your world-view is just fine, I suppose. How long have you been an AOC acolyte? :)

My statement is entirely accurate. You wouldn't learn from the past if it paid you. I have said nothing like AOC's or your misrepresentations, lies and delusions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Those who won't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Not exactly what Santayana said.

But, changing a quote to suit your world-view is just fine, I suppose. How long have you been an AOC acolyte? :)
    Ad Hom? Boy, that ramped up quickly

The full quote, from Reason in Common Sense by George Santayana

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Phase2's version of it varies from Santayanas intent in what significant way, Alpo?

And now one for you, Alpo - from the same volume

"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim."

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Trump raised a record $24.8 million in less than 24 hours Tuesday as he officially kicked off his reelection campaign

His one-day total is more than any Democratic presidential candidate raised in the entire first quarter

Catch up, son. You live with both feet in the past, you're gonna get run over by tomorrow.

right old man....look up...there is the future.....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    BugI02;7952750[B said:
    [/B]The full quote, from Reason in Common Sense by George Santayana

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

[/COLOR]Phase2's version of it varies from Santayanas intent in what significant way, Alpo?

"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim."

First of all, I generally don't feel it's worth responding to your observations. Generally you aren't really asking questions. They tend to be accusations ending with a question mark. More rhetorical than there to elicit information or clarification.

Phase responded to a remark I made that was not directed at him with a cliche. It was not totally in context and it wasn't an accurate quote. So, I don't see the need to justify my poking him a bit for tortious interference.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    First of all, I generally don't feel it's worth responding to your observations. Generally you aren't really asking questions. They tend to be accusations ending with a question mark. More rhetorical than there to elicit information or clarification.

Phase responded to a remark I made that was not directed at him with a cliche. It was not totally in context and it wasn't an accurate quote. So, I don't see the need to justify my poking him a bit for tortious interference.

Well, Santayana is a favorite of mine so show some respect

One of my favoritist quotes of his once was my sig line

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Democrat candidates are going after Biden using a "racist" angle, looking at connections he had to James Eastland in the 70s.

As if anyone here thought they'd drop the identity/label politics anytime soon. Racists! Sexists! Bigots!

Wait, if they knew this stuff already... why would they allow him to be VP for 8 years?! Gee golly... that racist was merely a heartbeat away from becoming President! Gasp! Shock! Horror!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The Democrat candidates are going after Biden using a "racist" angle, looking at connections he had to James Eastland in the 70s.

As if anyone here thought they'd drop the identity/label politics anytime soon. Racists! Sexists! Bigots!

Wait, if they knew this stuff already... why would they allow him to be VP for 8 years?! Gee golly... that racist was merely a heartbeat away from becoming President! Gasp! Shock! Horror!

It just will not work to apply logic to the dumocrap insanity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are going to have to go after the hearts and minds of the independents for Trump to win in 2020. I don't see it. The Orlando Sentinel put out an editorial position today that is very damning against Trump. Independents in Florida generally like the Orlando Sentinel. So do conservatives.

Trump is one and done.

I can't say what's going to happen in the election. Maybe you have a crystal ball. And maybe if you did, it might be more accurate than using a Florida news paper to determine the outcome of an election 2 years away when we don't even know which bat **** crazy Democrat is going to run against Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The full quote, from Reason in Common Sense by George Santayana

Phase2's version of it varies from Santayanas intent in what significant way, Alpo?

Who the **** cares? Paraphrasing is not plagiarism and Alpo knows it. He's just too crabby to think of something more clever so he's doubling down on that nonsense.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Okay. It's the cheap ****. C'mon man. You've never bent a well known saying to make a point?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Joe Biden isn't a racist nor a bigot, he just say the dumbest things for no reason. What he said, about working with segregationists, he deserves the criticisms for. He just should have kept his mouth shut.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't say what's going to happen in the election. Maybe you have a crystal ball. And maybe if you did, it might be more accurate than using a Florida news paper to determine the outcome of an election 2 years away when we don't even know which bat **** crazy Democrat is going to run against Trump.

My opinion, as of this moment, if Biden Runs Trump has a < 50% chance of winning re-election. Anybody else > 50%. But don't underestimate Biden's ability to foul his chances up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My opinion, as of this moment, if Biden Runs Trump has a < 50% chance of winning re-election. Anybody else > 50%. But don't underestimate Biden's ability to foul his chances up.
    I don’t disagree with that. Alpo-Democrats are desperate for a sane candidate, and Biden is the sanest (which still isn’t saying a lot). But he’s also stupid, and says stupid ****. And I kinda think he’s a ****ing racist. And creepy.

Or maybe not. I mean, he did give Obama his due, because...he’s articulate and clean. :rolleyes: And he did fight hard to prevent Romney from putting “y’all back in chains”. But seriously, how that didn’t end his political career, I don’t know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom