The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump is speaking at a rally, announcing his intention to run again.

He's touching on things like Hillary's e-mails... Obama...

Rumors going around... he knows. Declassification about to happen, he's seen them, and he knows some ****... and he's got the race in the bag.

Interesting.

It is... or is it? This is going to play into whichever tribe one identifies with. On one hand you will have those that say "blah, blah, blah....crooked Hilary.... lock her up," on the other you'll have those who ask, "why is this just now being found out," especially since the oversight rests with the House, and of course the Democrats are in charge. My prediction Dems will dismiss this (rightfully or wrongfully), and the Repubs will say it's a coverup.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is... or is it? This is going to play into whichever tribe one identifies with. On one hand you will have those that say "blah, blah, blah....crooked Hilary.... lock her up," on the other you'll have those who ask, "why is this just now being found out," especially since the oversight rests with the House, and of course the Democrats are in charge. My prediction Dems will dismiss this (rightfully or wrongfully), and the Repubs will say it's a coverup.

Probably... but I think he ends up with the upper-hand here. Who's up against him? Biden. That's it.

I think Trump probably has a lot of ammo he's built up in his position, and he's getting ready to tactically use it to Kavanaugh the competition.

Just like any other October news dump, I think what he has will rally the base... the "lock her up" crowd. Yeah, Dems will downplay it... but I can't see them building a huge army around Biden right now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I kinda think they can be prosecuted for breaking laws if they broke the law. A sitting president can't be indicted. That requires Congress to draw up articles of impeachment. So Barr could go after whomever. And because Obama is out of office, if there's compelling evidence against him, I don't see why he couldn't be indicted. But I doubt they have that kind of evidence.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I kinda think they can be prosecuted for breaking laws if they broke the law. A sitting president can't be indicted. That requires Congress to draw up articles of impeachment. So Barr could go after whomever. And because Obama is out of office, if there's compelling evidence against him, I don't see why he couldn't be indicted. But I doubt they have that kind of evidence.

It'd work as great PR, though... to go after Clinton and Obama. I mean, to rile the base. Right now, the base is as quiet as a church mouse. They need a spark to set them off again like 2016.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It'd work as great PR, though... to go after Clinton and Obama. I mean, to rile the base. Right now, the base is as quiet as a church mouse. They need a spark to set them off again like 2016.

Pissed off people tend to vote more than content people.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You are going to have to go after the hearts and minds of the independents for Trump to win in 2020. I don't see it. The Orlando Sentinel put out an editorial position today that is very damning against Trump. Independents in Florida generally like the Orlando Sentinel. So do conservatives.

Trump is one and done.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    You are going to have to go after the hearts and minds of the independents for Trump to win in 2020. I don't see it. The Orlando Sentinel put out an editorial position today that is very damning against Trump. Independents in Florida generally like the Orlando Sentinel. So do conservatives.

Trump is one and done.

yes and Hitlery is ahead by 25 points too....:rolleyes:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Going for low-hanging fruit now? :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Trump is one and done.
    It is way too early to try and predict the election.

First, all of the Dems get to tear each other apart trying to get the nomination.

Second, you have almost a year and a half for stuff to happen, stupid things to be said, etc etc

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump raised a record $24.8 million in less than 24 hours Tuesday as he officially kicked off his reelection campaign

His one-day total is more than any Democratic presidential candidate raised in the entire first quarter

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Does it have to be for PR? Couldn't we go after Obama and Clinton because they are treasonous traitors who thought they knew what's best for us better than we did and sought to overthrow the will of the people?

That's plenty of reason to pursue them in my book. Without the assurance of exposure and punishment where is the deterrence against trying it again? Without a thorough housecleaning at The FIB and the IC, why should we trust them any more than the FRB

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom