Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Unfortunately, SCOTUS made the correct, narrow call. It IS the purview of the feds to secure the border, not TX.

But they cant rule against legit federal law/powers just because they arent doing their jobs and enforcing those laws.

Somebody needs to sue them and get the SCOTUS to rule that the administration is failing to uphold the law as they should. Or congress needs to grow a pair and legislate it. But they are too weak sauce too.
    I remember a bit of the hearing when Gorsech was nominated to the USSC that really impressed me. Don't remember the specific question but I remember his answer. "Sometimes you must rule in a way you do not like to be consistent with the law."
    That is my problem with the liberal judges at all levels. Their rulings are what they think the law should be not what it and the Constitution say. Jim.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Surely there is a point along the border where it stops being Federal Property. Seems Texas should simply install it's own DMZ from that point inward 1/4 mile.
    According to CBP, it’s apparently 100 miles inward from EVERY border.

IMG_6411.jpeg

What is the Border Enforcement Zone?​

While many people may think of the "border" as the dividing line between the United States and Mexico, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents actually operate around the entire border of the United States. That includes the country's northern border with Canada, as well as the eastern, western, and southern coastlines.

This so-called "Border Enforcement one," as the meme called it, has been around since the 1950s, when the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 established that a "reasonable distance" of the border would extend "100-air miles" around the outline of the country.”

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    According to CBP, it’s apparently 100 miles inward from EVERY border.

View attachment 327936

What is the Border Enforcement Zone?​

While many people may think of the "border" as the dividing line between the United States and Mexico, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents actually operate around the entire border of the United States. That includes the country's northern border with Canada, as well as the eastern, western, and southern coastlines.

This so-called "Border Enforcement one," as the meme called it, has been around since the 1950s, when the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 established that a "reasonable distance" of the border would extend "100-air miles" around the outline of the country.”
    So all these illegals in Chicago, DC and NY should be deported if Border Patrol were doing their jobs, right? I mean, Texas has already done the legwork and loaded them on buses for them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The Roosevelt Reservation is the 60-foot (18 m)-wide strip of land owned by the United States Federal Government along the United States side of the United States–Mexico Border in three of the four border states. Federal and tribal lands make up 632 miles (1,017 km), or approximately 33 percent, of the nearly 2,000 miles (3,200 km) total. Private and state-owned lands constitute the remaining 67 percent of the border, most of which is located in Texas

In 1907, Theodore Roosevelt in a Presidential Proclamation (35 Stat. 2136) established the reservation in order to keep all public lands along the border in California, Arizona, and New Mexico "free from obstruction as a protection against the smuggling of goods between the United States and Mexico".
    Texas was excluded because Texas retained all public lands upon the Texas annexation and admittance as a state, much of which has been sold over the years to private parties.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    California would side with DC. Florida and Texas on the other hand I could see siding with each other.

Is this movie made by liberals?
    I don't know the plot yet, other than 19 states seceding and declaring war, with a third-term President in office. Not sure it's based on current politics.

Top Bottom