• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IIRC her claims of a near death experience occurred well before anyone breached the capitol building and at a point where no one was even considering that a possibility.

She gets no benefit of the doubt. She fabricated the entire thing because like the people who elected her, her fragile ego needs to be coddled on a regular basis or she’ll end up walking around with a pacifier in her mouth.

She’s an attention whore and an evil bitch with no morals, no values, no ethics, no honor, no intelligence. She is physically attractive until she opens her mouth so she’s not even smart enough to take advantage of her one redeeming quality.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    IIRC her claims of a near death experience occurred well before anyone breached the capitol building and at a point where no one was even considering that a possibility.

She gets no benefit of the doubt. She fabricated the entire thing because like the people who elected her, her fragile ego needs to be coddled on a regular basis or she’ll end up walking around with a pacifier in her mouth.

She’s an attention whore and an evil bitch with no morals, no values, no ethics, no honor, no intelligence. She is physically attractive until she opens her mouth so she’s not even smart enough to take advantage of her one redeeming quality.

Well said.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe a certain percentage of a politicians willingness to either blatantly lie or grossly exaggerate comes from their existence within supportive bubble.

Think about it - the vast majority of the time they are surrounded by staff and supporters that favor their viewpoints. They attend rallies where the vast majority of the people in attendance support their viewpoints and agendas.

The point is, that these supporters will never question what the politician says because they agree with them. This applies to both liberals and conservatives. So they get to say stuff that the people near them never really question, except perhaps an equal when they may be discussing an issue in private.

By living in this supportive bubble it becomes harder to consider that there is a group out there that totally disagrees with you, and the dynamic has become so toxicaly hostile that they are perceived as totally wrong at best or complete whack-jobs at worst. The problem for the politicians is that this other side WILL pick apart everything you say to catch you up. It becomes an never ending cycle.

I have no problem with AOC being called to the mat for gross exaggeration or lying. I believe Jamil is correct in that at some point she honestly "felt" threatened, and that makes it true - for her. However, feeling doesn't make it right, it just explains the source of the viewpoint.

Regards,

Doug

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    She was an early adopter of “Blue Man bad”. So she can’t very well come out and say she was saved by a police officer. Too much narrative to be pushed here…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think the timeline that I saw shows that they evacuated parts of the Capitol building well before the breach. So it is possible that she was cowering historically in her office. But at no time did anyone breach her building, and her account of the officer outside of her office was well before the breach anyway. She may have even legitimately mistaken the Capitol police officer for a rioter. I mean, she doesn’t seem to know much beyond her tiny sliver of an existence. You probably remember that she didn’t even know what a garbage disposal was. It would not surprise me that she would make such a mistake.

It’s odd that she’s hysterically trying to find a place to hide in her office, and when she visits her colleague’s office, that woman calmly sits at her desk and sips coffee.

To me it looks like AOC is admitting to acting hysterically, and then after the fact she tried to manipulate it into a political tool.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    5... 10 minutes tops...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She was claiming her near death experience started around 1:01pm, they didn’t start evacuating until 1:26.
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...electoral-college-stolen-election/6568305002/
    Okay. Looking at what was claimed along with the timeline.

She said she was in her office looking at lunch options around 1pm. Using the timeline in your post they didn’t actually evacuate the Cannon House office building until 1:26. Can we fact check that? Well, how precise and confident was AOC about the timing? How much does 26 minutes matter?

The point is that a capitol police officer did knock on her door and enter the office space. She claims that was traumatizing. Okay. That claim is not a fact. That’s an opinion about how she felt. We can’t fact check that claim. We can only judge if it was rational.

Other congress members whose offices were in the same hall got the same knock on the door, and they did not describe being hysterical. They said that no rioters were in the building, let alone the same hall as her. I judge her reaction to be irrational.

Okay, so at some point she goes to the other office building, where Rep Porter, a friend and colleague’s office is. I saw an interview of porter where she described that AOC was afraid. When she entered the office Porter said she was looking around the office. Porter asked what she was looking for. AOC said a place to hide. While this was going on Porter was sipping coffee. Obviously she wasn’t also trying to find a place to hide.

In AOC’s whole story, she was the only one acting like she was going to die. Again, that’s a subjective feeling not a fact. We can’t fact check her feelings. Her story is plausible up to this point. She may have been legitimately afraid.

What we can fact check is what she said after. She didn’t actually claim to be in the Capitol building. But because of the way she said it, people assumed it. I assumed it when I first heard it. She talked about her office and rioters being in the hallways. The Capitol building is the only place they were in the hallways.

Did she lie? Well, when the thing happened back on January 6th, and she does a 90 minute livestream weeks later, yeah, I highly suspect bull ****. She may have been legitimately afraid. But if she was it wasn’t all that rational. No one else seemed to react that way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't find it one tiny bit out of character for her to lie.
    I agree. She did the whole feigned crying act at the fence—of a parking lot. Doing a 90 minute livestream 3 weeks later is extremely suspect. It’s politicking, for sure. But what’s the angle? Justifying more government actions against people they disagree with?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So basically she's still full of ****. I don't honestly care enough to worry about the degree to which her story may not be 100% fabrication.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So basically she's still full of ****. I don't honestly care enough to worry about the degree to which her story may not be 100% fabrication.
    Bottom line she’s full of ****. So much ****, it took her 90 minutes on a livestream to shovel it all.

Top Bottom