bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I didn't watch this thread. I've had about enough of politics. :xmad:

It was worth the 'circle back' though to get a better understanding of the TDS among us.

And we thought Kut was bad... :rolleyes:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    We're living in a society where shrieking IT WAS SO HORRIBLE I ALMOST DIED I AM A VICTIM LOOK HOW TRAUMATIZED I WAS is a desirable quality in leadership.
    We've gone from having Twitter meltdowns being something children and teenagers did to having meltdowns on Twitter being something high-value people in positions of wealth and power do.

Clown world.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    We've gone from having Twitter meltdowns being something children and teenagers did to having meltdowns on Twitter being something high-value people in positions of wealth and power do.

Clown world.
    What else can be expected from the touchy-feely, cry closet, safe space, everybody-gets-a-trophy generation?

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    My bet with this is that she was actually startled by the police officer knocking on her door, since she could have assumed it was someone else if in a panicked state and not thinking clearly. Then, once she realized it was an officer and not someone coming to hurt her, she likely felt embarrassed and instead of admitting her mistake, she doubled down on the story of people trying to kill her to save her pride.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My bet with this is that she was actually startled by the police officer knocking on her door, since she could have assumed it was someone else if in a panicked state and not thinking clearly. Then, once she realized it was an officer and not someone coming to hurt her, she likely felt embarrassed and instead of admitting her mistake, she doubled down on the story of people trying to kill her to save her pride.
    I'm not inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt given her dubious inclination to stage an emotional reaction to further an agenda.

She's done it before.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't watch this thread. I've had about enough of politics. :xmad:

It was worth the 'circle back' though to get a better understanding of the TDS among us.

And we thought Kut was bad... :rolleyes:
    Well, I hear you about the politics. And about INGO, there are some people (plural) whose primary purpose for posting in the political sub forum is to taunt Trumpers. They turn a decent discussion into a **** show, which may be a goal. I'm usually one to advocate a diverse discussion, because multiple perspectives make one more informed about the realities of the world. But toxic discussions don't inform anyone of anything more than who the *******s are.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The most honest way I can characterize her behavior is that she may have legitimately felt afraid. So if we give her that benefit of doubt, the question is, was it rational? Justified?

Well, we can pick up on the cues from her own story. She said she went to the other congresswoman's office (don't recall her name off hand) to find a place to hide. When she got there, Aoc said that the other congresswoman was just sitting at her desk sipping coffee. She wasn't under the desk. She wasn't hiding herself in the bathroom. Her staff was just going about their business. AOC was the only one who was acting with such fear, according to her own testimony. And the other congresswoman, kinda backed up AOC's story about fear and all, likely because they're friends, AND political allies. Never let a crisis go to waste.

So sure. She was probably embarrassed from showing herself to her colleagues as being afraid without due cause. But then, the woman who made a video of herself crying on the other side of a fence, from an empty parking lot, went and made a 90 minute video about how she was almost killed. :runaway:

I'll give her benefit of doubt that she legitimately was afraid. But I'm not inclined to give her any benefit of doubt about her manipulating facts to tell a story that is utterly false. She flat out lied about that.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, I hear you about the politics. And about INGO, there are some people (plural) whose primary purpose for posting in the political sub forum is to taunt Trumpers. They turn a decent discussion into a **** show, which may be a goal. I'm usually one to advocate a diverse discussion, because multiple perspectives make one more informed about the realities of the world. But toxic discussions don't inform anyone of anything more than who the assholes are.
    At least one member in my estimation set out to intentionally turn a thread discussion into a **** show on more than one occasion with the intent on getting the thread shut down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At least one member in my estimation set out to intentionally turn a thread discussion into a **** show on more than one occasion with the intent on getting the thread shut down.
    I don't know if that's the intent. I mean. With the new Ninja powers the mods have to lock individuals out of threads, I've notice threads haven't been shut down as much with the new forum.

I think that posting in the political forum for some has proven to be beyond their maturity. For others it's a mission of retribution. Neither are of any benefit to INGO.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    The most honest way I can characterize her behavior is that she may have legitimately felt afraid. So if we give her that benefit of doubt, the question is, was it rational? Justified?

Well, we can pick up on the cues from her own story. She said she went to the other congresswoman's office (don't recall her name off hand) to find a place to hide. When she got there, Aoc said that the other congresswoman was just sitting at her desk sipping coffee. She wasn't under the desk. She wasn't hiding herself in the bathroom. Her staff was just going about their business. AOC was the only one who was acting with such fear, according to her own testimony. And the other congresswoman, kinda backed up AOC's story about fear and all, likely because they're friends, AND political allies. Never let a crisis go to waste.

So sure. She was probably embarrassed from showing herself to her colleagues as being afraid without due cause. But then, the woman who made a video of herself crying on the other side of a fence, from an empty parking lot, went and made a 90 minute video about how she was almost killed. :runaway:

I'll give her benefit of doubt that she legitimately was afraid. But I'm not inclined to give her any benefit of doubt about her manipulating facts to tell a story that is utterly false. She flat out lied about that.
    I agree with this! I was just trying to make some sense of a nonsensical situation.

Top Bottom