• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I don’t mind Ukraine staying independent. What the west was trying to do is let ukraine into nato then put cruise missiles tipped with nukes in eastern ukraine 10 min from Moscow. Don’t blame russia a bit if they go all the way to Poland.
    Not sure if they can though.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don’t mind Ukraine staying independent. What the west was trying to do is let ukraine into nato then put cruise missiles tipped with nukes in eastern ukraine 10 min from Moscow. Don’t blame russia a bit if they go all the way to Poland.
    Does NATO even have nuclear-armed cruise missiles? Pretty sure the TLAM-N was retired a decade ago.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So its OK to invade, destroy and plunder another nation because you might feel threatened about a weapon that hasnt been in use for several decades? Cool. Sounds like we need to just let all the nukes fly if people are this stupid. There is no justification for invading another country that has not threatened you... and that goes for someof our own policy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently according to the BINC (Blabbermouth -in-Chief) the US is running low on stock of 155 artillery munitions to send to Ukraine. Looks like it was part of the decision to send cluster bombs.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Last I heard most of the artillery ammo was being made offshore. The CB shells might be the last US made stuff left.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    All these guys fighting over airplanes, and they neglect things like artillery
    :xmad:
    The one consistent thing everyone coming back from training and advising in Ukraine says is that Russia's artillery game is a juggernaut. American wonder weapons can't make up for 155s by the thousand.

Not that I think we should have emptied our stocks for Ukraine in the first place, but this is revealing how grossly unprepared the US is for attrition based land warfare. I guess we didn't think the low intensity of the GWOT era was a good enough opportunity to stockpile artillery rounds.

It's not like we didn't have 120 years of data on what full scale artillery consumption looks like.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The one consistent thing everyone coming back from training and advising in Ukraine says is that Russia's artillery game is a juggernaut. American wonder weapons can't make up for 155s by the thousand.

Not that I think we should have emptied our stocks for Ukraine in the first place, but this is revealing how grossly unprepared the US is for attrition based land warfare. I guess we didn't think the low intensity of the GWOT era was a good enough opportunity to stockpile artillery rounds.

It's not like we didn't have 120 years of data on what full scale artillery consumption looks like.
    the other part is the US hasn't played static defense warfare since the early 50's on the Korean peninsula. We developed a different approach. Air dominance, smaller forces with better lethality, precision strikes to cripple their infrastructure. If the US was all in, completely conventional the russians would have been demolished IMO.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    the other part is the US hasn't played static defense warfare since the early 50's on the Korean peninsula. We developed a different approach. Air dominance, smaller forces with better lethality, precision strikes to cripple their infrastructure. If the US was all in, completely conventional the russians would have been demolished IMO.
    Yeah, I think we poured a whole lot more into air power and the expectation of seizing uncontested control of the skies over enemy forces. Something which has not been able to happen in Ukraine for either side.

It's actually pretty remarkable that things have been in this limbo of neither side being able to fully use air power for over a year. The helicopters do their thing close to the ground, lobbing munitions from behind the lines, and the fast movers are just launch platforms for long range standoff weapons. It doesn't seem like anyone is able to do American-style CAS at the front.

The US approach would, of course, lean heavily on stealth technology to waltz in and take the entire air defense system apart from top to bottom.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

1689026011099.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For the time being, there is way too much money to be made on this bull**** for it to end soon.

My offer for $14B still stands....and is increasingly dirt cheap for anyone concerned about the cost of this bull****....but cost is not the concern....revenue is.
    How much to whack Zelenskyyyy instead?

Can we pay in bitcoin?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom