Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I'll just spill some swill and go full conspiracy theory on the "Wagner Uprising."

What if it wasn't an uprising at all? What if, and just think about it, what if Putin and Prigozhin and Shoigu all planned the uprising before hand? It wasn't a "real" coup/uprising but rather a distraction.

If Ukraine takes the bait and thinks with Wagner pulling out they can make a hard push only to walk into a Russian military ambush?

Or,

What if Putin maneuvered getting Prigozhin into Belarus with a fair number of his Wagner Group loyalists to either overthrow or intimidate Lukashenko? Lukashenko has been dragging his feet not being the complete puppet Putin wants him to be, so throw in a constipated Russian billionaire with 10,000 loyalists and while a coup might be a long shot intimidation and political maneuvering could be more easily on the table?

I'm certain folks could come up with other conspiracies presuming everyone knew the "Wagner Uprising" was coming.

Just a thought...

Regards,

Doug

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    We have to suspend elections to save democracy. :n00b:
    The constitution of Ukraine literally addresses the suspension of elections in time of war. Probably not a bad idea when your country’s been invaded by a foreign power and is subject to missile attacks on a regular basis in the capitol city.

I find it amusing, how the same INGO members who are so quick to say “we are not a democracy“ like to whine about democracy elsewhere in the world.

Also hard to keep up with whether democracy is nothing more than mob rule, or if it was something invented by the founding fathers and Jesus.

:):

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The constitution of Ukraine literally addresses the suspension of elections in time of war. Probably not a bad idea when your country’s been invaded by a foreign power and is subject to missile attacks on a regular basis in the capitol city.

I find it amusing, how the same INGO members who are so quick to say “we are not a democracy“ like to whine about democracy elsewhere in the world.

Also hard to keep up with whether democracy is nothing more than mob rule, or if it was something invented by the founding fathers and Jesus.

My comment was simply a riff on the left's response to any pushback on their attempts to undermine democratic norms in dogged pursuit of increased political power. Ironic that these pure, egalitarian defenders of democracy unequivocally support a guy suspending elections.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My comment was simply a riff on the left's response to any pushback on their attempts to undermine democratic norms in dogged pursuit of increased political power. Ironic that these pure, egalitarian defenders of democracy unequivocally support a guy suspending elections.
    Fair enough. I don’t see the Russian invasion of Ukraine as a strictly left or right issue.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Just did the math. Biden has given 118 billion to Ukraine. I guess to help out Blackrock and more corrupt companies to make $$$. And who paid for all this……we did the American people. Every living American is in debt $337,000 to Ukraine. Just imagine, if we stayed out of it and instead Biden gave every American $337,000. Of course that doesn’t help Blackrock and others. And now what happens if Russia collapses like the military USA complex and politicians want…..and 3000 nukes fall into the wrong hands, and disappear, and later make their way across the Mexican border into cities across the USA.
    If that was given to each citizen here, wouldn’t that make inflation crazy? Since the Covid payments caused the reported 7 to 14 % inflation, I can’t imagine the inflation number for a 1 time 300+K payment to each citizen.

missed the math recalculation up thread. My point is moot

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Just did the math. Biden has given 118 billion to Ukraine. I guess to help out Blackrock and more corrupt companies to make $$$. And who paid for all this……we did the American people. Every living American is in debt $337,000 to Ukraine. Just imagine, if we stayed out of it and instead Biden gave every American $337,000. Of course that doesn’t help Blackrock and others. And now what happens if Russia collapses like the military USA complex and politicians want…..and 3000 nukes fall into the wrong hands, and disappear, and later make their way across the Mexican border into cities across the USA.

What a deal....

Pay obiden and the mother ******* of its ilk 5-10MM or more (still do not know the full extent) and get hundreds of billions of funds plundered from others in return.

A good investment for the scum of ukraine.

My $14B offer is a steal.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Putin is doing the basic power shuffle thing across his major generals.

You run a software company launching a new major project. You can make a team and develop the software as a whole or you can split that whole team into 5/6 different groups and have them compete against each other to develop the software. When you place groups against each other then there is a race to get the software developed before the other group does. To me placing one team against another will always end up with a faster better outcome then the whole office as a team approach.

This also in a generals term makes it unlikely that any one of your generals have enough support alone to overthrow you and the remaining generals. Placing all troops under on general places to much power in one hand and not enough in yours.

Basically he seemed to get BuTT hurt and went off his meds so to speak. Could have been justified could have been a figment of his own imagination.

I think we are overlooking that people have emotions and egos and are placing far to much insight into this being some form of defense manipulation to get UK rain to attack beyond it means to hold the supply lines. Personally I don't think UK rain has enough able bodied men to go on the attack much needing at least a 5/1 ratio to defenders.

What we don't want to see if the UK rains defeated to the point the Poland needs to go in and support with boots on the ground

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    What if it wasn't an uprising at all? What if, and just think about it, what if Putin and Prigozhin and Shoigu all planned the uprising before hand?

Just a thought...

Regards,

Doug
    If it was a planned fake uprising, I think it may have flushed out and exposed those in the government and military that weren't loyal to President Putin.
    If it was a planned fake uprising, I think it might have triggered western adversaries into making contact with Russian leaders, they think could be swayed over to supporting western goals.
    Loyalty tests have been around for a very long time.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

On the other hand, if you just want to stay in power indefinitely wage a perpetual war and have the US pay for it.

Can you imagine the campaign commercial if he'd have suggested that when he ran? I build big war and make US pay for it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    On the other hand, if you just want to stay in power indefinitely wage a perpetual war and have the US pay for it.

Can you imagine the campaign commercial if he'd have suggested that when he ran? I build big war and make US pay for it.
    I can imagine all sorts of nonsense.

Like how fighting against a foreign power who has invaded your territory is decried as “waging perpetual war” by knuckleheads on the internet.

How much of our country would you be willing to cede to an invading enemy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom