Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "According to the latest intelligence reports, Russia believes that the Ukrainian armed forces now intend to cover their failed counter-offensive in the Donbas by using US-supplied Himars multiple launch artillery and UK-supplied Storm Shadow cruise missiles, possibly in the longer range domestic version, to attack the Crimea.

If this happens, says Shoigu, Russia will consider both the United States and Britain to have fully entered the war as co-belligerents. And Russia will immediately respond to any such attack on its territory by destroying “the decision making centers” of the Kiev regime."

Yeah, ok. Apparently, the Russians can't even defend the "decision making" centers in Moscow.

:):
    We can't fight one small nation, so we'll declare war on some more nations?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I might be behind on this but it's new to me.

Just found this.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Some thoughts from Peter Zeihan. Three (3) video's which I will try to post in order.

One important issue he points out is that NO information coming out is reliable. We'll need to wait a few days or weeks before beginning to get a real picture of what happened.

Regards,

Doug

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I cannot believe that Yevgeny Prigozhin does not know he is a dead man if he does not take out Putin and his cronies. Once he moved on Putin his only method of staying alive was to kill him and those who surround him.

He of all people should know that he is dead if he tries to hide in Belarus. If a nerve agent doesn't get him, polonium, or two rounds to the back of the head in a suicide will.

Considering how duplicitous Russians can be, I do have to wonder if Yevgeny Prigozhin's agreement is not a way to smoke out Putin in his associates so a more specialized element of the Wagner group can terminate them. He was never likely to take on the entire Russian army and security apparatus with what he had. Although there were reports that multiple units of the Russian army joined him. Shades of 1918.

I don't think it's over yet, nor will the ramifications for the current war in Ukraine be known for a bit. It could galvanize the Russian army and make them more dangerous. It could also be the first fracture that results in the dissolution of the current Russian state and the fracturing of it into multiple more ethnically aligned States.

Personally I would just prefer that the plundering of my wallet stop to support that war. The Europeans can gut themselves if they don't want to speak Russian.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom