• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Kutnupe14 I misjudged you.. you are good to go in my book, thanks for the apology.. only a real man can admit when he's wrong and make it right.

I take my jackass comment back.. you are no jackass, this I know.. even if you reported me; I deserved it.. as BoR said.. I know better to name call.

You have my sincere apologies.. I hope you'll forgive me.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Maybe a lot of truth to that, a number of years back I was stopped in Carmel driving my beat-up old Chevy going to a friends house early in the morning. I think he probably noticed from my plates that I wasn't from around there.

As I recall, not so long ago a black citizen couldn't drive through Carmel without being stopped....UNTIL they did it to a State Police sergeant who took them to court.

A federal court actually had to make a ruling that Driving While Black actually is legal, even on the tree-lined wine & cheese streets of Brainardville.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Kutnupe14 I misjudged you.. you are good to go in my book, thanks for the apology.. only a real man can admit when he's wrong and make it right.

I take my jackass comment back.. you are no jackass, this I know.. even if you reported me; I deserved it.. as BoR said.. I know better to name call.

You have my sincere apologies.. I hope you'll forgive me.

Thank you. FYI: No one reported that post before you heard from me; While the mod team can't see EVERY post, I happened to see yours unprompted... just as I saw this one.
    susp.gif

Have a nice night, all.

Blessings,
    Bill

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Fishing? For what? He didn't search the car, so what was he fishing for?

from the op - "his partner placed my unloaded firearm in the glovebox"

yes...his partner certainly was fishing. Good thing you didn't have anything illegal in there or you would've been screwed.

I hope the OP follows up on this BS stop. I bet they were randomly running plates, found out he had his pink and decided to go fishing until they found out he was a criminal justice major, and may just know his rights...bad cops don't like it when the feeble protected know their rights.

OP remember "I do not consent to a search of my vehicle or my person" and "Am I being detained"? Lock your car if they want you out of it.

I'm glad you made it out o.k. from their JBThuggery.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Even with my OCD, this is getting on my nerves. I think it's gone far enough. Someone needs to put it in the INGO FAQ so we can all just put a hyperlink to it in our sig lines if we feel strongly enough about it and then leave other people alone about it.

What's an INGO FAQ? Sounds intriguing. I want one.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    SO did you call Fishers and inquire about your knife??? I don't care if it's a gerber or a spyderco, I'd want my knife back.

If that ever happens to you or anyone else again, look up the number for that counties dispatch and give your name/location and they'll send the officer right back to you.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    SO did you call Fishers and inquire about your knife??? I don't care if it's a gerber or a spyderco, I'd want my knife back.

If that ever happens to you or anyone else again, look up the number for that counties dispatch and give your name/location and they'll send the officer right back to you.
    Yeah, I'm interested to hear the result of this myself. Can't understand why someone would willingly let somebody else get away with their property.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Only if all data collected RE: non-stolen cars are immediately deleted with no backups or alternative copies made.

State IDACS law forbids that. Departments get audited and must keep these files for 6 months.

IDACS: IDACS Audit Procedures

5. Established IDACS committee policy requires all user agencies to an
    audit trail for six (6) months for certain types of IDACS transactions
    as itemized but not limited to the following:
    (1) Switched Messages (both transmitted and received).
    (2) Bureau of motor vehicles and department of natural resources
    information file data.
    (3) IDACS/NCIC stolen file data.
    (4) Out-of-State (NLETS) Bureau of motor vehicles or department of
    natural resources data.
    These audit records shall include, but are not limited to, the names of
    all persons or agencies to whom the information is disseminated and the
    date and time upon which such information is disseminated. Audit trails
    shall be maintained manually or by automation, and shall be made
    available to the IDACS committee for inspection upon request. It
    should be noted that these are minimum requirements and it may be
    necessary to keep important or case related traffic for longer periods
    of time in order to properly confirm or validate IDACS/NCIC wanted
    entries.
    (240 IAC 5-1-2, IDACS Manual Part I, Section D.)

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And why would the officer be in your glovebox? If your gun was legal and you were legal, then they should hand the gun directly back to you. And get that knife back. Mistake or theft, letting this go is an insult to all law abiding ctizens. Freedom is not free. Now do YOUR part and report this stop AND the discrepancies in how it was handled.
    Just my :twocents:.

mwmroll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Update

Well I first called Virginia State police to see if they would run my plates. I told the guy about being pulled over and what not and he said that if I was wanted in a robbery i would have been arrested. He said that I should call the pd who pulled me over and that if this would have happened to him it would be the first thing he would do.
    So I called Fishers PD tonight about the stop. I told the guy about the stop and about the robbery in Virginia thing. After him discussing how easy it is to mistype info or something along those lines he ran my plates. I said yep, its a tan malibu. The officer didnt go into specifics at all just saying that indeed something came up along the lines of a robbery in Virginia. He went on to say that I could have a similiar name or dob. He mentioned that when he runs a plate and something like this pops up he digs a little deeper and that he wouldnt pull someone over with just the info that he had. However, it was up to the officers discretion. I never got a clear understanding of what exactly connected my car or me to something going on in Virginia. Whatever I guess, I'm just a broke ass student with little knowledge of the law. Learning though. He also looked up the officer who pulled me over and left him a voice mail about the knife. If anything, the whole experience only added a little experience to my future criminal justice/law understanding.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well I first called Virginia State police to see if they would run my plates. I told the guy about being pulled over and what not and he said that if I was wanted in a robbery i would have been arrested. He said that I should call the pd who pulled me over and that if this would have happened to him it would be the first thing he would do.
    So I called Fishers PD tonight about the stop. I told the guy about the stop and about the robbery in Virginia thing. After him discussing how easy it is to mistype info or something along those lines he ran my plates. I said yep, its a tan malibu. The officer didnt go into specifics at all just saying that indeed something came up along the lines of a robbery in Virginia. He went on to say that I could have a similiar name or dob. He mentioned that when he runs a plate and something like this pops up he digs a little deeper and that he wouldnt pull someone over with just the info that he had. However, it was up to the officers discretion. I never got a clear understanding of what exactly connected my car or me to something going on in Virginia. Whatever I guess, I'm just a broke ass student with little knowledge of the law. Learning though. He also looked up the officer who pulled me over and left him a voice mail about the knife. If anything, the whole experience only added a little experience to my future criminal justice/law understanding.

You mean the officer was NOT making this up??????? Oh the horror!!!!!! Not directed at you OP but some of the posters that belong to the tin hat brigade.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Not all LTCH holders are disarmed every time they are pulled over. The last one I disarmed was under arrest for dropping a bag containing 30 individual baggies of crack cocaine on the ground as I was having him sign a summons for driving while suspended. Had he not done that he would have gone on his merry way.

That was an exception to how I do things. The vast majority of my encounters with LTCH holders is telling them to keep their hand off theirs, and I'll keep my hand off mine.

The last one I disarmed shot himself in the left side of his chest at a rearward, downward angle.....while I was wrestling to get him under control!! Guess I waited a little too long huh? I wasn't even sure where the shot came from at first. I thought it was my backup shooting him. Luckily it was not a thru and thru or I would have been hit.

Hate to say it guys but a LTCH don't mean jack s--- as to a persons intent. All of you people that think a LTCH is a bon-a-fide good guy certificate don't have the slightest clue.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm not a law officer, so its likely I'm way off base... but, if this is accurate... sounds to me like the officer seen your gun at the gas station and decided to pull you over to check you out.

Came up with some random BS story about an "ARMED" robbery in Virginia....

Maybe I'm just a conspiracist? IDK... something sounds wrong here.

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not a law officer, so its likely I'm way off base... but, if this is accurate... sounds to me like the officer seen your gun at the gas station and decided to pull you over to check you out.

Came up with some random BS story about an "ARMED" robbery in Virginia....

Maybe I'm just a conspiracist? IDK... something sounds wrong here.

And you just asked another officer and he gave you some baloney about how"Yup, there's something about you on here."? And you didn't complain about how the officer placed your gun in your glovebox? IF he wasn't just looking for an excuse to look into your glovebox, then he was disrespecting you by not giving the gun right to you.
    Maybe if you don't feel the need to ask for fair treatment......?
    As you might guess, I'm kinda an asshat! :)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    it's ok.

I'm betting the car I drive and plate I'm running are pretty close enough to be mistaken for a murderer in Oregon, or a rapist in Maine, or an arsonist in Tejas. Hey it happens everyday.

I'm looking forward to bolstering my experience in understanding the law when I get pulled over in F-city.

Top Bottom