• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    definitely don't have to work too hard to find stuff to do. heck, I have to pass on pro-active arrests sometimes due to run load. fishing people based on non-criminal type leads (ie: LTCH status) is a huge waste of time. in my 'hood running plates at random will turn up suspended or unlicensed drivers more often than LTCH holders. the traffic arrests are slam-dunks compared to trying to find a reason to jam up a gun owner.... plus, traffic arrests open the vehicles up to legal search and seizure which should be more likely to turn up contraband than a stop based on a non-crime.

it is my sincere opinion that all the posters in this thread who believe that their LTCH status alone makes them targets are either overly emotional, overly paranoid, or just plain full of internet bluster. don't take that as any type of derogatory comment, it is just that with the information presented by actual LEOs on this board about how things work, your arguments don't make much sense....

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    it is my sincere opinion that all the posters in this thread who believe that their LTCH status alone makes them targets are either overly emotional, overly paranoid, or just plain full of internet bluster. don't take that as any type of derogatory comment, it is just that with the information presented by actual LEOs on this board about how things work, your arguments don't make much sense....

:tinfoil:

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    definitely don't have to work too hard to find stuff to do. heck, I have to pass on pro-active arrests sometimes due to run load. fishing people based on non-criminal type leads (ie: LTCH status) is a huge waste of time. in my 'hood running plates at random will turn up suspended or unlicensed drivers more often than LTCH holders. the traffic arrests are slam-dunks compared to trying to find a reason to jam up a gun owner.... plus, traffic arrests open the vehicles up to legal search and seizure which should be more likely to turn up contraband than a stop based on a non-crime.

I think you are missing the possibility that someone called in a MWAG report on the OP. To investigate such a call it MIGHT be that a LEO would make a bogus stop IMHO. And look where the stop was made and the admitted shabby vehicle the OP was in. Denying that such a stop ever happens is kinda funny.:rolleyes:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So you are saying that stopping someone because they have been spotted and reported as a MWAG NEVER happens?
    I can tell that you are either fibbing or have never been in law enforcement. There are SEVERAL things done all the time like this. And I am not talking about BAD cops now, either. Let's be realistic. Nobody does everything exactly right all the time. Sometimes a stop like this can seem like the only way to go, even if you know it is wrong. It ISN'T the only way, but that is another long rant.:popcorn:
    Yea OK what ever you say. There is not much sense in going on with this. I am just attempting to explain how the information we can access is used.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think you are missing the possibility that someone called in a MWAG report on the OP. To investigate such a call it MIGHT be that a LEO would make a bogus stop IMHO. And look where the stop was made and the admitted shabby vehicle the OP was in. Denying that such a stop ever happens is kinda funny.:rolleyes:

I can't say that something like that never happens because I don't know every cop on the planet. I can speak for the likelihood of such an act and I'm saying that its highly unlikely. given the added info from the OP about the department brass verifying the warrant hit on the vehicle, I say that the odds are that stop had nothing to do with his gun....

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't say that something like that never happens because I don't know every cop on the planet. I can speak for the likelihood of such an act and I'm saying that its highly unlikely. given the added info from the OP about the department brass verifying the warrant hit on the vehicle, I say that the odds are that stop had nothing to do with his gun....

HOW was this verified again? :)
    The op calls the station and talks (probably to the dispatcher who usually never even goes on patrol) and was given some kinda," Oh golly, yeah there is SOMETHING here like that". That isn't a bonified verification and you know it. And cops are not Saints. So, yeah, maybe one or two of 'em MIGHT do something like stop a guy they have a MWAG call on for a bogus stop so that they can "look 'im over".
    C'mon, the truth will set you free.(Sometimes!:D)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    to play the "well it's POSSIBLE" game, you will need to level the playing field a little by conceding that not all LTCH holders are model citizens...:twocents:
    Would'nt you also have to level that same playing field and concede that all LEOs are not the same model as well?

BobM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    to play the "well it's POSSIBLE" game, you will need to level the playing field a little by conceding that not all LTCH holders are model citizens...:twocents:

I believe that was already proven when the LEO above (I'm too lazy to go back and get his name) told about the LTCH holder that had the cocaine fall out as the LEO was cutting him loose.
    I NEVER would say that ALL LTCH people have true hearts. I just know that these stops DO happen. And sometimes these stops get real BAD people off the streets. BUT I am still against these stops.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    But if I read your post correctly, you are saying that this type of stop is never used?

Not by me. I have defiantly made my share of mistakes. I have stopped the wrong cars ect. If that happens you don't BS your way out of it. You tell the person exactly what happened and why and hand them a compliant form. Funny thing is no one has ever filled one out on me for that scenario. Humans make mistakes.

Top Bottom