• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    You're going to call FPD and "explain" what happened based on an acct posted on the interwebz? :laugh:

I'm not calling anyone jackass, well besides you.. I guess I said that huh? I see your reading comprehension sucks.

If it were me... yes, then I'd be calling, but it wasn't me, therefore I don't give a flying ****.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I think the real real reason you were pulled over is because you were in upscale Fishers with an old Malibu, and young. I think they have had a string of break ins lately and want to catch whoever is doing it. That or they were board and wanted to **** with someone.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it may have been mentioned briefly before but it seems kinda odd to me the casual nature of the officers seeing as how the OP's plate got an alleged hit for being involved in a possible armed robbery in Virginia. :dunno:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bang-bang
    Yea they can lie to you, but you cant lie to them. A shame , stole your blade, I would call and ask for demand it back, to the point of a lawsuit for armed robbery.

FIFY

Armed robbery?

Did the LEO remove his property by the unlawful use or unlawful threat of force, or unlawfully place the OP in fear?

After rereading the OP, it didn't appear so.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Considering Indiana is not "May Issue" and we require no permission to carry, but a license I think it bears repeating. We are shall issue, calling it a permit makes it sound like we had to ask "perdy pweez".

:)

Didn't have to ask for permission just because this is a "shall issue" state? Just what do you think the application was? A statement of intent that you could exercise independent of the state? Let me know how that works.

License and permit are indistinguishable in meaning, both in the vernacular and legally. It just so happens that our legislature chose one over the other. A "permit" to carry a handgun would have been the exact same thing with the exact same effect.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Considering Indiana is not "May Issue" and we require no permission to carry, but a license I think it bears repeating. We are shall issue, calling it a permit makes it sound like we had to ask "perdy pweez".

:)

Well, not only do you have to submit an application (which is a request) but you also have to pay for them to say "perdy pweez". No real difference between license and permit.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    WHY?

Surely you would agree, the safest place for BOTH our weapons are in their holsters!?

Do you disarm every person that you know is carrying when you stop them?

You should quote the whole post so it's not taken out of context.

You can call it "phishing" if you like, but it's very, very common. And once a plate has been run, and there's a high felony warrant from just about anywhere, it will pop up on an officer's computer. Now often, the "hit" appears based on a "sound alike" or "alias" name, so an officer should check the BMV return to make sure it matches the hit before pulling over the vehicle. If that cant be discovered before puling over the vehicle, then the officer should pull the vehicle over and attempt to match the physical characteristics of the wanted person with person in question. Obviously, once stopped, and if a person is armed, they should be disarmed.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Some people give the LTCH right away, myself included, because it is "supposed" to stop questioning (and disarming) at that point.

There is just no reason to do this other then to say "Here's my DL and, oh, I have a gun.". It's only supposed to stop questioning AFTER there has been questioning. Handing it over first STARTS questioning, it doesn't stop it.

Everyone want to know why I've never been disarmed on a traffic stop. Because I've never told anyone that I had a weapon on me. The one time the officer did know he asked for it and I refused and he was ok with that.

Stop advertising!!! The police aren't impressed that you have a gun.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Wife’s ex-husband USED to be a cop and would pull people over and had a whole stash of stuff he “confiscated” from knives and all sorts of other property. He was an exception and many are not like this, and probably why he has been fired from his last like 5 positions with LEO. But this kind of stuff does happen when some get on a power trip.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not calling anyone jackass, well besides you.. I guess I said that huh? I see your reading comprehension sucks.

If it were me... yes, then I'd be calling, but it wasn't me, therefore I don't give a flying ****.

Hopefully you're reading comprehension is better when you're dealing with someones personal info on a traffic stop than it is when you're browsing INGO.;)

Hey, I'll own it when I make a gaffe... I made a gaffe. I saw "I'll" when it was correctly stated as "I'd." :rockwoot:

Apologies

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The "Warrant out of Virginia" sounds like a BS pretext for pulling over someone that all the cops knew about was that the registered owner of the vehicle had an LTCH... And for the purpose of stealing a Gerber.

I agree that something smells fishy. The part I don't get is how he knew to pull this car over in the first place. Here's a hypothesis. Somebody sees a MWAG and calls police. Tells police they see MWAG getting into a car and gives police a description of said vehicle. Police knows that MWAG is not in itself illegal, so they make up a reason to pull said vehicle over, like "wanted for armed robbery in VA".

Could it be?? Nah. I know it's just my over-active imagination at work. Of course, the police would never do something like that, right?? :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IMPOSSIBLE I SAY!! Police are better than everyone else and they shouldn't EVER forget anything

apply purple as needed

lol, if I had a dollar for all the times I've forgotten to give someone back a DL, registration, or insurance something or other, I could take a pretty good vacation. What's even more baffling, is that the people never even ask or remind me to give them back "such and such." Then I have to track them down.... :(

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Its Fishers. Almost as bad as Carmel.
    I was riding with my buddy and they pulled us over for "grand theft auto" because someone forgot to update their system. "supposedly"
    Biggest waist of time ever. I was this | | close to calling the sheriff.

Top Bottom