Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hello all!

I am glad your walk went so well, and I was both hopeful and concerned today about it. Amidst the brass, I was thinking about you guys.

And, frankly, it looks like things went very well if not super duper!

The press did not show: great! No one reacted in horror or fear: great! No one did or said anything stupid: great! Those of you who took the time, planning, and bravery to go and exercise your rights in a potentially hostile situation: congratulations to you and your success is yours to own. Wear it with pride.

I am curious, as a part of the AAR, what you would do differently next time? I assume there will be a next time of course.

As for the hurt feelings, I hope we can stay with the successes of the day and leave out the fractures for now. Let's let The Meach's pictures of kittens do their work.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hello all!

I am glad your walk went so well, and I was both hopeful and concerned today about it. Amidst the brass, I was thinking about you guys.

And, frankly, it looks like things went very well if not super duper!

The press did not show: great! No one reacted in horror or fear: great! No one did or said anything stupid: great! Those of you who took the time, planning, and bravery to go and exercise your rights in a potentially hostile situation: congratulations to you and your success is yours to own. Wear it with pride.

I am curious, as a part of the AAR, what you would do differently next time? I assume there will be a next time of course.

As for the hurt feelings, I hope we can stay with the successes of the day and leave out the fractures for now. Let's let The Meach's pictures of kittens do their work.

Thanks! Glad you thought of us whilst blowing things up! :D

What I would do differently is make sure the timing is better. Maybe when more people are out. Maybe not worry so much about Anti's nd get the word out more.

Yes, there WILL be a next time! :patriot:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thanks! Glad you thought of us whilst blowing things up! :D

What I would do differently is make sure the timing is better. Maybe when more people are out. Maybe not worry so much about Anti's nd get the word out more.

Yes, there WILL be a next time! :patriot:

You HAD to have a successful first walk in order to have a second, even larger walk. That you DID! Congrats. :yesway:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    According to my measurements (assuming my path is correct) we walked 3.0 miles today. It honestly seemed longer but it wasn't bad at all.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Let me go at this again, a little more direct.

1. It is rude to bring an argument from one thread into another. Leave the poop from one kitty box there and don't drag it across the living room floor to fling in another box. Let's follow the same here.

2. To Savage's credit, there are many here who thought he would never be able to organize an event that would not end in arrest, embarrassment, or another AWB. He seems to have proven otherwise. If that makes you need rolaids, go get some but let the poor guy have his success.

3. This is a VERY heated subject and as proven in this thread, less said is better said. Let's do that. We need unity far more than disunity right now.

4. If you want to poke people in the eye, take it to PM's please.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Hey Savage,

I went with you to the city's event planning meeting...I don't remember either of us asking the city's permission to do this. As I recall, you TOLD them we were going to do it and asked them if they had any concerns that we could address. And didn't they ASK us if they could have a presence at the event, which we agreed to as a contingency should any hoplophobes try to get in our faces?

I do remember all that correctly, don't I?

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Good Job today people, the " Open Arms " movement had a good start in our great city. I wish I could have joined in but I got on the thread too late and found my time committed elsewhere. Ya' Snooze Ya' Looze. Maybe next time. Don't let others cheapen the event. Be proud of what you did !!!!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just remember kids...

motivator7597063.jpg

AND.....

motivator2893508.jpg

... just sayin'.

Aside from that, awesome job, everyone! Wish I could have been there with you all.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey Savage,

I went with you to the city's event planning meeting...I don't remember either of us asking the city's permission to do this. As I recall, you TOLD them we were going to do it and asked them if they had any concerns that we could address. And didn't they ASK us if they could have a presence at the event, which we agreed to as a contingency should any hoplophobes try to get in our faces?

I do remember all that correctly, don't I?

Yes you remember that very clearly. Also, I would encourage you to ignore the instigator. He apparently has self-esteem issues and continues to wage a childish war against me. Ignore him because he has nothing better to do than pick a fight. You will not see me respond to his ignorant nonsense.

:patriot:

Good Job today people, the " Open Arms " movement had a good start in our great city. I wish I could have joined in but I got on the thread too late and found my time committed elsewhere. Ya' Snooze Ya' Looze. Maybe next time.

It would have been nice to meet "the other wronged man" but that's ok. We'll get together sometime! Congrats again on the BIG win!!!!

:patriot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't particularly care about my image when it comes to the opinion of clowns that call LEOs "criminals with badges" and never miss an opportunity to bash.

And this is evidenced by your avatar, which CLEARLY has some meaning for you, and is NOT just "some random pic".

Now, before you take off on me, scroll through my OTHER posts on this forum. You'll see I routinely side with LE, there is however, ALWAYS the exception! :twocents:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok, so these guys all claim to be true patriots, right?

Yet look in the National Anthem picture...several people are not covering their hearts, one guys has his hat still on, no one is even looking at the freaking flag...and worst of all, the frakking Gadson flag is held higher than our American flag!

These guys don't respect the flag, let alone deserve to carry it, especially under the guise of Patriotism and a "rights" march.

It is easy to spout off about being a "true" patriot when the word has no meaning to you. This picture is an offense to the flag, my country, and anyone who has served it.

I'm sorry it is harsh, but it is the truth the way I see it.

History... Having a conniption about the first flag of this nation (The Gadsden) being "higher" that the modern USA flag is... well, it's absurd.

I've seen similar posts about someone flying a Bettsy Ross (aka 1776 flag aka 13 star flag) and the next guy freaking out... it blows my mind the depths someone will go to try and "out patriot" the next guy.

In the pic we have people of different heights carrying different flags.

Get off your high horse.

In all honesty, considering the people we have in congress and the white house, the Gadsden much better represents the principles of this nation than the current "fpdshooter" approved American flag.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I hope the Appleseed and NFA Day went as well as our day went.

Had a great first day of the Cloverdale Appleseed, thanks!:)

(but we got to fire our rifles!:p:D)

Good to hear everything went well. Great job everyone!

Maybe I'll be free for the next one.:yesway:

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    History... Having a conniption about the first flag of this nation (The Gadsden) being "higher" that the modern USA flag is... well, it's absurd.

I've seen similar posts about someone flying a Bettsy Ross (aka 1776 flag aka 13 star flag) and the next guy freaking out... it blows my mind the depths someone will go to try and "out patriot" the next guy.

In the pic we have people of different heights carrying different flags.

Get off your high horse.

In all honesty, considering the people we have in congress and the white house, the Gadsden much better represents the principles of this nation than the current "fpdshooter" approved American flag.

Springboarding off of Prometheus's post right now. Had I responded directly to fpdshooter at the time I might have said something intemperate.

I have long been little concerned about the forms and appearances of "patriotism" and more concerned about the content. Somebody wearing a T-shirt with the US flag printed on it to show their love of the country is in technical violation of the Flag Code but so what? Their heart is in the right place and isn't that really what counts?

Consider this:
    "No greater love hath a man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

When I was in the military one of the first things that was drummed into our heads in Basic was the Soldier's Code, the first article of which was:

"I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense."

Read that again: "I am prepared to give my life in their defense."

After that, IMO, trivia over where someone's hand is or whether or not their head is covered doesn't really rate.

And in comparison these folk were willing to step forward, stand up, and take an action (perhaps a small one, but as they say about journey's and steps....) in defense of our freedoms. Even if people had been careless about proper "etiquette" for the National Anthem (which we have been assured was not the case when it was actually sung), that still wouldn't rate very highly in my book against the greater action of their standing up for our rights.

So a thank you to all and a hearty :patriot:.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Modding has begun. Play nice or else.

It sucks for me that I can't type as fast as some cause right about the time I'm finished with a post that I'm sure will heave a pile of hot coals on his head , it either gets locked or erased .

I understand it though , sooner or later I was bound to abandon reason and resort to MFing him !

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I've been deeply involved in this movement now for over 20 years and I am utterly astonished. I've never seen a board like this.

We successfuly staged Indiana's first open carry walk, proving to 2nd Amendment supporters and government officials throughout the state that such events are peaceful and that people do NOT run away screaming when they see their fellow citizens armed. We've opened the door wide for these events in other cities in Indiana. We distributed well-written educational flyers that a number of citizens are reading and learning from as we speak.

And yet those of us who went downtown and actually participated in the thing are having our chops busted over imaginary flag etiquette issues? The walk was stupid because gun rights are in "no danger" in Indiana?

I know I'm relatively new here but can one of you board veterans explain to me what is going on here??? Why are these people on this board?

Top Bottom