Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It is easy to spout off about being a "true" patriot when the word has no meaning to you. This picture is an offense to the flag, my country, and anyone who has served it.

I'm sorry it is harsh, but it is the truth the way I see it.

As a man whos' served both his country and state , I read this and I was ready to donate a boot to him .

Then I read his later post explaining why he posted this .

If I understand him correctly , he was simply making the point that we shouldn't be so quick to judge what we see in a pic or vid .

Specially if we weren't there .

The point I'm trying to make here is that we should get all the facts before we're ready to condemn someone .

Maybe try to fully understand their point before we get angry or butt hurt .

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    To those of you who were not there and are big enough *******s to take potshots at how anything was done, I say this: Scutter-you don't deserve to be a moderator on this forum and I implore whoever is in charge to de-commission you. FDPshooter is simply a troll and his account should be unplugged. Everything today was done properly. For you to criticize ANYTHING when you weren't there just shows that you are simply *******s. **** you. You are traitors to the cause.
    Wow...just wow.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Thanks! And thanks for recommending Paragon! Man, that place was GREAT!

Anyone who hasn't been and likes spicy food, you HAVE to get the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich!!!!! WHEW IT'S GOOD! :D
    I had the Buffalo Chicken as well. It was good. I think I still like Denny's better though. Maybe it's a tie.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I never said anything about your post. I understood your confusion. Unfortunately, there were no pictures of us singing the National Anthem, unless someone got video, because we were ALL facing the flag and singing.

I understood your confusion but before I could respond others had.

Understood. I only asked about the photo because it was called "National Anthem". I even responded to the people who clarified it and thanked them.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Moderators
    Would it be possible to split this thread and deal with the flag controversy in a separate thread? This day was such a good one!

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Holy crap! Really?

Haven't we all delt with enough idiots to know how to handle these situations?

To add to what someone said: I've video recorded 80% of the walk. Which includes several minutes before, during, and after the moment in question.

It was very professional and VERY Patriotic!

(this video, sadly, may take up to a week to get on the internet. I don't have the tools or know-how..)

This was a truly great event. Thank you to everyone involved.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    My photos are available

My photos are up: click here to view the album.

This is probably one of the best ones :)

picture.php

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Wow...Good job to all that particiated, I wish I didn't live so far away or I would have been there to join ya'll. I like to think that most of us here on ingo are here for similar reasons, and hopefully we can stay that way. Thanks Ryan for doing a heck of a lot more then punching keys on a keyboard. You my friend are a true patriot, and without personally knowing you I truely respect you, as well as every other red blooded true AMERICAN that was at this event. WE as Americans will prevail !

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That was awesome! If I wasn't worried about getting hit up for needing a permit we should have stopped and talked with them! :): Not really, but hey! :laugh: They were really nice and I bet they got a kick out of us walking by on her wedding day! :D

I'm willing to bet it's something they'll talk about for years....

"Hey Jan, remember all those crazies carrying guns at your wedding? Phew, I thought they were going to shoot all of us!!"**

** Disclaimer...Just keeding!!! Really. This is just a joke. Seriously. Just an attempt at humor. Like most things I say, probably not that funny. No offense. Really. Seriously again. Just making a bad joke. :ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow...Good job to all that particiated, I wish I didn't live so far away or I would have been there to join ya'll. I like to think that most of us here on ingo are here for similar reasons, and hopefully we can stay that way. Thanks Ryan for doing a heck of a lot more then punching keys on a keyboard. You my friend are a true patriot, and without personally knowing you I truely respect you, as well as every other red blooded true AMERICAN that was at this event. WE as Americans will prevail !

Thanks for the kind words! I'm trying to reach as many people as possible so we can really make a difference. All the credit should really go to those that showed up. Without them, like I said before, we'd just been a couple weird guys with guns downtown handing out info! :):

I know most of us here really care about our rights and there were a lot of people that couldn't make the Walk for various reasons. Don't think I don't respect you for not showing up. God, Family, Country. Supporting your family comes first and I understand that. :) Maybe next time!

I've been doing some thinking about things and I want to run an idea past you all....

What if a few of us took some of those left over flyers and positioned ourselves around Indy and/or Indiana and stood somewhere or walked around and handed out information to people? Long guns optional, of course! :): It would be prudent to open carry but not really required.

Think you all would be interested in something like this?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm willing to bet it's something they'll talk about for years....

"Hey Jan, remember all those crazies carrying guns at your wedding? Phew, I thought they were going to shoot all of us!!"**

** Disclaimer...Just keeding!!! Really. This is just a joke. Seriously. Just an attempt at humor. Like most things I say, probably not that funny. No offense. Really. Seriously again. Just making a bad joke. :ingo:

STOP THAT! NO JOKES ALLOWED!!! :lmfao:

Good one man! :p

EDIT: I'll rep you later when I get refilled.. :)

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Holy crap! Really?

Haven't we all delt with enough idiots to know how to handle these situations?

To add to what someone said: I've video recorded 80% of the walk. Which includes several minutes before, during, and after the moment in question.

It was very professional and VERY Patriotic!

(this video, sadly, may take up to a week to get on the internet. I don't have the tools or know-how..)

This was a truly great event. Thank you to everyone involved.
    I also video taped a majority of the walk and it was very peaceful and I believe that most of the people we encountered were mildly surprised and pleased with our behavior. I thank that S.E. (and ATF)did a great job organizing and if it were not for them, then this thread would not exist.:twocents:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Is this picture taken during the actual Anthem? I'm a little confused by it.

2u5qo2v.jpg

Only one guy has his hand over his heart, at least one person is still wearing a hat, and (assuming that's the "official" flag in the center), half of you have your backs turned to the flag. Never mind the fact that it's not hoisted. :scratch:

I found nothing offensive about this post...you simply questioned if this was during the National Anthem and if so, you pointed out the problems...

Ok, so these guys all claim to be true patriots, right?

Yet look in the National Anthem picture...several people are not covering their hearts, one guys has his hat still on, no one is even looking at the freaking flag...and worst of all, the frakking Gadson flag is held higher than our American flag!

These guys don't respect the flag, let alone deserve to carry it, especially under the guise of Patriotism and a "rights" march.

It is easy to spout off about being a "true" patriot when the word has no meaning to you. This picture is an offense to the flag, my country, and anyone who has served it.

I'm sorry it is harsh, but it is the truth the way I see it.

This post was completely out of line, no benefit of doubt whatsoever...I do believe you owe everyone who participated an apology.

I already understand if you were trying to make a point about some other heated thread you may have participated in, but many of us have no idea about that, so we are innocent to the rhetoric in which you are referring to. You did make your point, but have yet to redeem yourself in my book.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the kind words!

____________I've been doing some thinking about things and I want to run an idea past you all....

What if a few of us took some of those left over flyers and positioned ourselves around Indy and/or Indiana and stood somewhere or walked around and handed out information to people? Long guns optional, of course! :): It would be prudent to open carry but not really required.

Think you all would be interested in something like this?

Definitely! I'll cover as much of Tippecanoe County as I can.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Definitely! I'll cover as much of Tippecanoe County as I can.

I believe ATF has most of the flyers that were stapled so when I get a chance in the next couple days I'll make a thread to plan that out as well. My son's birthday party is tomorrow so I won't be around much. We'll get into it next week then. :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I found nothing offensive about this post...you simply questioned if this was during the National Anthem and if so, you pointed out the problems...

This post was completely out of line, no benefit of doubt whatsoever...I do believe you owe everyone who participated an apology.

I already understand if you were trying to make a point about some other heated thread you may have participated in, but many of us have no idea about that, so we are innocent to the rhetoric in which you are referring to. You did make your point, but have yet to redeem yourself in my book.

I tried to rep you for this post, but the system tells me I need to spread the love around before you can get more:dunno:

Please don't let the nay-sayers get to you. We know who we are, and I'm proud of it!:yesway:

As for the comments of the uninformed , PLEASE just consider the source!;)

I'll rep you again, as soon as the system will let me.

Thanks again for all YOU did in preparation, and execution of this event. :patriot:

Top Bottom