Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've yet to make it through. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more calm. I've also been working on a second walk, but it's looking to be a little cold. I'm not sure how many people will muster the courage to brave the cold... I'll go it alone as cold weather isn't a bother to me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That looks like a neat thread. I don't think people are over reacting too dramatically. Perhaps I will sign on in the morning and join in.

I just read through the entire thread about the Indy OC Walk on the City-Data Forum. Very interesting reading.

Appears to be the full spectrum of views being espoused.

People ARE talking about it. I'm glad, since the media decided to ignore it!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've yet to make it through. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more calm. I've also been working on a second walk, but it's looking to be a little cold. I'm not sure how many people will muster the courage to brave the cold... I'll go it alone as cold weather isn't a bother to me.

I own winter clothes!:D

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    are you joking? i would LOVE to walk around in the cold displaying my rights. people will get the picture and figure we are serious. ITS ON!:rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good. At least I'm not alone! :): Figure another walk soon. Hopefully this month. i'll check with the EAB and see when other events are so to schedule around them. This will be a rain or shine event. I'd like to have two seperate groups this time around. Hopefully we'll have enough people. It will be a weekend and this time around we'll hold it later in the day. Maybe have a sign or two this time around. Same format as last time though.

This time, I'm going to need a second leader for the second group. Obviously we won't be able to park in the same area, unless we split up and take the same route as last time and just go opposite directions.

Just some thoughts.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    use me as you may. i will do whatever you need help with, i enjoyed the last walk too much and look forward to working with you on the next event.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    oc walk / before Colts game

How about a walk 11/15 from 6:30 till 8 pm. We could walk in a few groups around the stadium, acoss the street so we wouldn't be on stadium property. I don't know if this would work dependen on the law, any ideas?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How about a walk 11/15 from 6:30 till 8 pm. We could walk in a few groups around the stadium, acoss the street so we wouldn't be on stadium property. I don't know if this would work dependen on the law, any ideas?

Colts game that night? :)

I'm going to let the group handle it this time, but I'll be right here to help. I've got some things going on that I don't think I should be "The Guy" of this next event. I'll continue to work on the "big one" and present my ideas when I'm ready, but for the small ones, I'd like to see a broader involvement. Someone that can step up and handle this with me for all of us.

I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to plan stuff with all that's going on right now. I hope you understand. I'll help where I can, but as far as attending this next month or two, I'm just not sure. It seems something is going on every weekend for awhile. :stretcher:

Don't forget for those on facebook that we could use someone to really update that. I'm having serious facebook issues. :xmad:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I just finished shutting down my printshop and managed to crank out nearly 10,000 fliers of the two different pages...The intent to walk and the summary of Indiana gun laws.

I still need to get them trimmed down from the press sheets, but should be able to get that done once I start my new job on the 19th.
    We should now have plenty of literature to hand out for some time to come.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hello everyone! I've been pretty busy here lately and I haven't had much time to put a second one together. I had some details hashed out but my son and daughter found my note book and thought it would be fun to use it for their own devious transgressions... :rolleyes:

Good news is I may have found TWO jobs, but I'm working on the second. I've had a lot going on lately and can't seem to find the time to organize a second march. I can't stress this enough though, we NEED a second march. Soon. Even if it's only 10-15 people it NEEDS to be done. Depending on the date and my schedule I might be able to attend, but I just don't have the time or the brain capacity to hash out a second march.

If anyone can help us by stepping up... that would be great. I barely have the time to get on here and keep up with what's going on in the world!

This thread should be a pretty good guideline and foundation for the next march to build on. If anyone interested in organizing the next march has any questions about how I did things last time feel from to PM or Email me.

I really want to thank everyone who helped make this happen. Especially 2ADMNLOVER, Liberty Sanders, ATF Consumer, The Meach, and 4sarge. They really helped me out a lot and kept my head on straight through the whole thing.

Also, ANYONE with Video of the last march PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a hold of me so we can get it uploaded to youtube before this becomes just a slight memory!

Thanks everyone!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    hehehe, Googling my name and my town and this thread comes up on the third page... :D That's awesome. Or not. Depending on who's looking... :laugh:

Top Bottom