Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Great job, guys. I never saw anything about this or I would have joined in. The AR gets sick of sitting in the tactical bag only to be brought out at the range, lol. :)

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, I would definitely have been there except for a church-related even scheduled in the same slot. I enjoyed seeing the pics and I was proud of you all.

I love the pictures of the guy with the AR on his back pushing a stroller. Had to show that one to my wife.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Man, I would definitely have been there except for a church-related even scheduled in the same slot. I enjoyed seeing the pics and I was proud of you all.

I love the pictures of the guy with the AR on his back pushing a stroller. Had to show that one to my wife.

I would have been there but was committed to the Walk For Life happening simultaneously at the fairgrounds...

:ingo:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I'm going to get to work on planning a few walks in indiana, Down town Fort Wayne and Auburn, are big on my mind. I'd like Pm's from anyone willing to elp ad in the next few weeks I'll start a thread, I may get to work on auburn much sooner as I'd like some advice, the DeKalb county Free fall fair comes in this week and we might have some fun with an impromptu walk their, lots of people and lots of exposure could be had and fast at the fair.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm going to get to work on planning a few walks in indiana, Down town Fort Wayne and Auburn, are big on my mind. I'd like Pm's from anyone willing to elp ad in the next few weeks I'll start a thread, I may get to work on auburn much sooner as I'd like some advice, the DeKalb county Free fall fair comes in this week and we might have some fun with an impromptu walk their, lots of people and lots of exposure could be had and fast at the fair.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ns_thoughts_for_the_next_indiana_event-2.html

That should be a good place to start. Maybe we could set up simultaneous walks? :D Sounds like a plan to me!

Oh, and if you want to know why INGO would not back the walk, ask Fenway. He's the board owner and he made that call.

Tonyscomputery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Sellersburg IN
    I forgot to mention incase anyone missed it. I set another first for Indy on Saturday. I am pretty sure i am the only person that has every moonwalked with a PTR-91 on his back in city limits.:rockwoot:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Hey folks, my wife wants to identify a young couple from the walk.

They were both dressed in black and mentioned that their anniversary is this Tuesday. He was packing a cocked n' locked 1911 and she was the young lady who said she studied photography while she was herding us together for a photo op.

The wife has some pix for them if we can get an e-mail address.

Liberty

Liberty,

That was my wife and me. I think our wives had a very nice chat as we were walking. I appreciate the pictures. I'll PM you my e-mail address. Thank you in advance.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    May I suggest that it's not too early to start planning the next one of these? While the longest journey begins with a single step, you've got to keep making the steps to get anywhere. ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    May I suggest that it's not too early to start planning the next one of these? While the longest journey begins with a single step, you've got to keep making the steps to get anywhere. ;)

Already the gerbil has been turning the wheel. I've been trying to get people's take on the initial walk and what they would have done differently. I listed what I would have done differently and am now working on the second round. :thumbsup:

Here it is... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ions_thoughts_for_the_next_indiana_event.html

I do not want to speak for Fenway, so I will give my opinion of why he wanted to stay out of this. Think about it....if this went completely bad, INGO would look bad too! Not good for business or reputation.

Absolutely. I think this was the reason I was given when I tried this a year ago. I figured this was still the reason. Which is perfectly fine with me. His domain, his rules. If we don't like it, go somewhere else. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

:patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    With a couple of exceptions, it seems the naysayers have been absent from further discussion since this walk was a success.
    I remember how hot things got the first time SE tried to plan it and how there would be dead people everywhere and Gun owners to blame. Then the line of thinking was we would all lose our rights.
    I hope their eyes have been opened and they don't still hold those apocalyptic views.
    This success was not a fluke and it needs to be built upon.
    I'm not asking anyone to admit they were wrong, I just want them to see this as the positive that it is and help move it forward.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With a couple of exceptions, it seems the naysayers have been absent from further discussion since this walk was a success.
    I remember how hot things got the first time SE tried to plan it and how there would be dead people everywhere and Gun owners to blame. Then the line of thinking was we would all lose our rights.
    I hope their eyes have been opened and they don't still hold those apocalyptic views.
    This success was not a fluke and it needs to be built upon.
    I'm not asking anyone to admit they were wrong, I just want them to see this as the positive that it is and help move it forward.

First of all, as an early naysayer, let me say;
    CONGRATULATIONS
    on a successful accomplishment. Credit is due to SE, the other organizers and participants. Thank you for representing us well!

Second, be very careful about berating dissenting opinions! It can be effectively argued that what was executed in the actual event was actually a product of hundreds of posts, both positive and negative.

Third, nobody was wrong! Some's approach may have been a bit abrupt, but honest dissension is eye opening, as it needs to be. Just because there are those that do not agree with your motivations or methods, it does not make them any less of a patriot, much less a traitor. If you are quick to throw labels on your fellow believers, you'll have a real mess dealing professionally with true anti's.

Fourth, don't get overconfident and sloppy in the future. 30ish folks are much easier to manage than 10 times that, which is what you'll need to actually get the attention you are looking for.

Good luck. I do mean that sincerely.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    First of all, as an early naysayer, let me say;
    CONGRATULATIONS
    on a successful accomplishment. Credit is due to SE, the other organizers and participants. Thank you for representing us well!

Second, be very careful about berating dissenting opinions! It can be effectively argued that what was executed in the actual event was actually a product of hundreds of posts, both positive and negative.

Third, nobody was wrong! Some's approach may have been a bit abrupt, but honest dissension is eye opening, as it needs to be. Just because there are those that do not agree with your motivations or methods, it does not make them any less of a patriot, much less a traitor. If you are quick to throw labels on your fellow believers, you'll have a real mess dealing professionally with true anti's.

Fourth, don't get overconfident and sloppy in the future. 30ish folks are much easier to manage than 10 times that, which is what you'll need to actually get the attention you are looking for.

Good luck. I do mean that sincerely.

First, let me say thank you. It took a lot of eye opening to get to this point. I learned everything I put into this walk from helping to organize the Tea Parties. I used that experiance and put what I could together. It turned out well and I DO realize things COULD have went the other way. It did not. Many factors played a role in that.

Second, I do not consider anyone a traitor or less of a Patriot because they had a dissenting opinion. They are entitled to their opinions, but they are just that. Opinions. I do, however, consider those who would berate US for doing what we did, or those who would be disrespectful and hateful to be much less of a Patriot. Words cannot describe how they would make me feel. Regardless, I do accept honest criticizium as long as it's constructive. Something we can build upon.

Third, and this is the real kicker, more people, ten times more people, would, yes, be harder to manage. Luckily though, there are ways of dealing with that. I do see the many thousands of ways this could go badly. I also see the many ways it could go right. All it takes is some effort and planning and taking the good with the bad. That's what I tried to do here and it worked out well.

So I would just like to say, to everyone... Thank you for your support and your thanks. We have so much talent on this board and I could have NEVER pulled this off without you.

Now, the real work begins. We need to plan a larger event for the spring, and smaller events until then. They must be truly educational in nature or we risk leaving ourselves open to serious attack and disgrace. If we just go out a protest without an alternative plan to present, we are no better than those who would like to take away our rights.

Much work to be done and little time to do it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, who was southside shrek? :):

I signed up and will make comments after reading the whole thread. After I get back that is... :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom