Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I actually got some sleep last night. Nose was too stuffy to use my CPAP. I worry that I don't use it enough. My respiratory therapist said that this machine communicates with big brother through a cell connection and if I don't use it for at least 4 hours a night 80% of the time, insurance will not authorize it and I have to send it back. I have insomnia and am often up for hours at a time. Now I have the additional stress of making sure that thing is on for at least four hours.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's not even that cold out. I rode the bike to work today. I could have gotten in trouble though. I'm on a permit right now and I'm not supposed to ride earlier than a half hour before sunrise(so 6:32 today) but I had to leave at 6:15.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I actually got some sleep last night. Nose was too stuffy to use my CPAP. I worry that I don't use it enough. My respiratory therapist said that this machine communicates with big brother through a cell connection and if I don't use it for at least 4 hours a night 80% of the time, insurance will not authorize it and I have to send it back. I have insomnia and am often up for hours at a time. Now I have the additional stress of making sure that thing is on for at least four hours.

Same situation with my wife. Ended up buying our own and using some software to fine-tune it and she is sleeping better than the one originally prescribed. Not as good as free, but ended up better off and with a much better machine and no harassment from insurance.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I actually got some sleep last night. Nose was too stuffy to use my CPAP.
    This is exactly why I use a full mask instead of a nasal mask. I actually get a great night's sleep even if I have a cold or allergies kick up, etc.

I worry that I don't use it enough. My respiratory therapist said that this machine communicates with big brother through a cell connection and if I don't use it for at least 4 hours a night 80% of the time, insurance will not authorize it and I have to send it back. I have insomnia and am often up for hours at a time. Now I have the additional stress of making sure that thing is on for at least four hours.
    Mine doesn't do that, but mine has a chip. I actually have 2 different machines, each with a chip. The doctor's office can't read the chip from one of my machines and takes my word for it that I use it. But they also have history from my other machine that shows I average 6-7 hours of use and I have a 99.5% record of using it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Mine is through VA and every 3 months when I call to order supplies the machine sends the stats over the phone. I get a100% every time. I use a Phillips Amara View mask. It is a very minimalist full face mask that fits under the nose and between my lower lip and chin.

In other news the surgery was flawless.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Glad the surgery went well, Tom.

I might be able to tolerate the full face mask now that I'm accustomed to the nasal mask. I'll see how it goes for a few more weeks.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I waste a significant portion of my free time either sleeping and just otherwise not doing much so I kinda want to fill it in with new things/projects/whatever. So I think the first thing I'm gonna do on that front is take it upon myself to learn how to weld, partly because I'm not totally confident my job is going to exist in 5 years. I've been looking at a multi process welder for about $400 I can start with MIG or stick and work my way up to TIG.

Last edited:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I enjoy doing absolutely nothing in my free time. I've got plenty of stuff to do. Yet I just sit and do nothing. I'm a lazy bum and probably the 2nd laziest person I know

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom