Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was counting on my porch spiders to provide Halloween decorations and keep the meek away.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Love these cool mornings. Would love to open up doors and windows right now, but urgent care confirmed that MamaSnap has bronchitis-that's-almost-pneumonia, so that would not be a good idea. Got to get her well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I bought a pair of Kevlar lined and armored riding jeans from 2wheel.com. I normally wear a size 40 in Wranglers and got these in a 42 because I've learned that riding apparel tends to run small but holy crap they were a 36 at best. Highway 21 was the brand. Then they go and charge me 7.99 for a return label. RevZilla from now on if I'm buying riding clothes online.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I bought a pair of Kevlar lined and armored riding jeans from 2wheel.com. I normally wear a size 40 in Wranglers and got these in a 42 because I've learned that riding apparel tends to run small but holy crap they were a 36 at best. Highway 21 was the brand. Then they go and charge me 7.99 for a return label. RevZilla from now on if I'm buying riding clothes online.

Most riding apparel seems to be "European size" rather than American sizes, its all cut slim and the measurements don't line up very well when converted.

Even stuff made for the American market is often iffy. I've got Bull-it riding cargos, they are Covex lined (similar to Kevlar) fit a bit loose in the waist at size 38, but the knee armor doesn't rest on my actual knees, it rests to the side of the knee and above it? WTF? Got them at a close out price, kept them despite the fact that the armor pockets are in the wrong spot. I ride without the knee armor. They still offer all the abrasion protection, which I think is important.

FWIW, FirstGear seems to be reasonably close to 'American' sizes, its a mid-priced brand, but the stuff is really well made. My wife has 2 of their jackets, plus a hi-viz FirstGear rain shell. I have a FirstGear Kilimanjaro jacket that I picked up at nearly a 50% discount and highly recommend it. Its a non-insulated jacket, windproof & waterproof, reasonable venting for warm (but not HOT & HUMID) weather, I layer a down vest, etc under it for riding in cool weather. They have D30 armor standard, plenty of pockets, zips are useable while wearing gloves. Wrist pockets are large enough for a garage remote and a toll road pass.

If you want to spend big bucks, buy KLIM, Rev'IT or Dianese. They are all top notch, great materials, great features, well thought out and functional. But you pay big money for their stuff. Almost as good design, slightly lower grade materials but still good quality, so a great overall value is FirstGear. I own all 4 brands, I strongly endorse FirstGear.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My other eye took an hour, I have very tough irises they don't dilate.

The good news is that because of the added difficulty I get the best most experienced surgeon.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Harbor Freight gets a lot of **** for the questionable quality of some of the crap they sell but they helped me fit the square peg in the round hole. This $80 bike dolly is probably gonna save me $240± in storage fees a year. I can't hate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom