Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Same situation with my wife. Ended up buying our own and using some software to fine-tune it and she is sleeping better than the one originally prescribed. Not as good as free, but ended up better off and with a much better machine and no harassment from insurance.

And mine is not even free. It's going to end up costing me about $100 a month for at least half of next year until my deductible is met, and then $30 a month for the rest of the year.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I actually got some sleep last night. Nose was too stuffy to use my CPAP. I worry that I don't use it enough. My respiratory therapist said that this machine communicates with big brother through a cell connection and if I don't use it for at least 4 hours a night 80% of the time, insurance will not authorize it and I have to send it back. I have insomnia and am often up for hours at a time. Now I have the additional stress of making sure that thing is on for at least four hours.

I have a lot of time meeting that with shift work and overtime.
    Though I think I don't have to meet the requirement anymore, it's been over a year.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    And mine is not even free. It's going to end up costing me about $100 a month for at least half of next year until my deductible is met, and then $30 a month for the rest of the year.

Except the $30 bucks a month, that was pretty similar. We bought an auto CPAP with humidifier and heated hose for around $500-600 (Phillips Resparonics). Depending on how techy one is, you can really do some deep analysis using the memory card from the machine. There is free software to graph and monitor how well it's working. Was actually kind of fun for us. I use http://www.apneaboard.com/ but there are a few sites out there at least as an option if you want to research going on your own.

Best of luck going forward!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone know if Andy has found a place yet? We have a pull out leather loveseat we don't need anymore and been saving it for him.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Mine is through VA and every 3 months when I call to order supplies the machine sends the stats over the phone. I get a100% every time. I use a Phillips Amara View mask. It is a very minimalist full face mask that fits under the nose and between my lower lip and chin.

In other news the surgery was flawless.
    Glad surgery went well. No matter how minor, there is always risk.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In your mind, you're still a 20 year old. Then you get up, and everything hurts. Then you look in the mirror, and "WTF? Where did my dad come from?"
    Then you look at the calendar to see if you have a doc appointment this week.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't want to grow up
    I had sleep apnea as a teenager!

And FWIW, I'm not generally considered to a 'fat guy' at 195# and 6' tall and never have been any heavier, although the disease is often mistakenly assumed to be weight related and/or age related.

So you don't have to be old. You don't have to be overweight. You can be a skinny kid and suffer. Come on now, join us in our misery!!!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    giphy.gif

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I had sleep apnea as a teenager!

And FWIW, I'm not generally considered to a 'fat guy' at 195# and 6' tall and never have been any heavier, although the disease is often mistakenly assumed to be weight related and/or age related.

So you don't have to be old. You don't have to be overweight. You can be a skinny kid and suffer. Come on now, join us in our misery!!!

#fakenews!!!

You have it because you are a south of us30 redneck.
    It's a known fact that thugs dont get such a thing. :rofl:

In other news...
    Has anyone heard or see GB?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom