Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Should also know where the appliance gas valves are. Was in a home in EC where the dryer caught fire. Homeowner immediately
    shut off the gas valve. Block basement wall and back of dryer were both scorched.
    Technically they are supposed to be within 6' of the appliance and IN THE SAME ROOM. Sometimes they may be on the other side of a wall, especially in older home. Not compliant with the National Fuel Gas Code. Take for example the gas valve for a range. Many
    older homes have them in the basement on the line directly below the range upstairs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Should also know where the appliance gas valves are. Was in a home in EC where the dryer caught fire. Homeowner immediately
    shut off the gas valve. Block basement wall and back of dryer were both scorched.
    Technically they are supposed to be within 6' of the appliance and IN THE SAME ROOM. Sometimes they may be on the other side of a wall, especially in older home. Not compliant with the National Fuel Gas Code. Take for example the gas valve for a range. Many
    older homes have them in the basement on the line directly below the range upstairs.
    But but but...
    Then we don't get to see those cool yuotube home explosion videos.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've seen several kabooms in person. Remember the church explosion in Hammond? Guess who was the gas man first responder?
    Yeah, Max. They just rehabbed the house next door and there was debri embedded in it's exterior walls. Back brick wall was collapsing over the gas meter we had to remove. Several Chitcago news helicopters were flying over. Engineers come during an explosion and have guys like me get gas samples from next door areas to be sent to a lab for independent testing to see if there was the required odorant level. Natural gas is odorless and has mercaptan (odorant) added by the gas company.

Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Been to many inside gas leaks that were close to kaboom and had to evacuate. A confined space will go kaboom between 4-14%. Anything under or over will not. Our Sensits would detect gas, CO, 02 and some detected H2S and were required to be calibrated monthly. That's another thing they check during a kaboom. Has your Sensit been calibrated. Even if the kaboom was before your arrival.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just got back from a week in ATL for work. What a ******** of a city, might be worse than Chicago. I'm exhausted and came back with some small bug that is messing with my sleep. Heading to Orlando on Sunday for fall break, doing Legoland and 1 day at Magic Kingdom.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Judging by all the dislike for KFC makes me wonder how they stay in business. Maybe the proponants just order what they usually
    have prepared at the time. The one on 169th flat out told me they didn't have something prepared and weren't going to make
    it.
    CP is hit or miss, but lately it's been kinda ******. I was on like a 10 month run last year with buy one get one free sandwiches once a month and the i forgot and the next time the reciept didn't have the coupon. :( But now it's all about my 89 year old dad... when he asks for the 2 piece with mashed and slaw... he gets it. Least i can do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom