Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No the buckets are on sale
    Fridays. I don’t know what catchy name it has but there is a line lol like I said this is a bucket of like 30 or so bone in cut wings.

(Unless they recently changed it) I used to get it with my dad on fridays but since he got sick this summer things have been…. Different. Apparently chemo and chicken wings do not go together. Or chemo and anything.
    Oh, OK. Maybe they do have a bucket o wings special. We don't do their wings unless they are in the 8-piece meal. There is one guy that works there who, when I ask how much a two extra wings would cost, throws a couple in. The rest of them, notsomuch.

That's rough about your dad. I hope things get better for him. :(

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wagners Village Inn in Oldenburg, IN is my recommendation. Pan fried chicken. If your ever in that area on the way to Cincinnati, I'd stop in.

Winner of the James Beard Foundation America's Classics Award for best local restaurant in the Great Lakes region of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.Screenshot_20231007-075824_Facebook.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Used to try KFC while working. The worse one is on 169th in Hammond. Every one of us refused to ever go back to it. Griffith isn't much better. The only decent one I tried was on Ridge Rd in Munster.
    Popeye's on Cline just north of Ridge is always crowded but I have not tried it.
    Long John Silver's on Ridge in Munster is excellent.
    That is the absolute worst Popeye's ln the universe. They were just bad before covid, but have been understaffed for years now. They wait on one person at a time. 5 minutes later they take the next order.

Calumet City on Sibley ans State Line is good.

Scherrerville on 30 is the best. They always give an extra tender or two. Especially if some ate small. I once got 8 in an order of 5.
    I get pissed at Strack's sometimes but they do have the best carry out chicken.
    :puke:it used to be OK, but lately not so good.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That is the absolute worst Popeye's ln the universe. They were just bad before covid, but have been understaffed for years now. They wait on one person at a time. 5 minutes later they take the next order.

Calumet City on Sibley ans State Line is good.

Scherrerville on 30 is the best. They always give an extra tender or two. Especially if some ate small. I once got 8 in an order of 5.

:puke:it used to be OK, but lately not so good.
    I think that depends on the store. Hobart used to be the best, not sure now. Crown Point is usually pretty good.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    CPT Popeyes is spot on.

But when we do chicken at work it's either jewel or stracks. Both of which need to come up with a new solution for deli counter cause it's a mad house around lunch... They need an app with ordering and pick up and payment...

Nothing makes me feel more boomer than picking a number...

Make the chicken an app only thing...

Order on app.

Walk into store at the time it's packaged. Scan a qr to pay. Then walk out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    CPT Popeyes is spot on.

But when we do chicken at work it's either jewel or stracks. Both of which need to come up with a new solution for deli counter cause it's a mad house around lunch... They need an app with ordering and pick up and payment...

Order on app.

While the app is a good idea unsure they are willing to invest in all that yet vs the amount of chicken they sell.

Plus new tech is scary and the old timers (in control) have no desire to change.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Why am I thinking of a grease screen? Oh, because when I went into homes as a gas man and seen the stove burners being a pond of grease and entire top of the stove having a very thick coating. Sometimes filled with stuck on bugs. The walls all coated. Moving the stove to work on a flex line could be totally disgusting. Not kidding. I was keeping hand sanitizer before it was cool.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    While the app is a good idea unsure they are willing to invest in all that yet vs the amount of chicken they sell.

Plus new tech is scary and the old timers (in control) have no desire to change.
    They have to retool eventually. The boomers are going away we can't keep catering to their caveman ways.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    CPT Popeyes is spot on.

Order on app.

Jewel is so poorly run. At least 3-4 times I have seen this scenario. #75 wants 8 pc fried, but no fried right now. Wait over there. Same for #76, 77, 78, etc. Chicken is finally done. Someone yells "who wants fried?". #85, 92, 97, and 101 run and grab the fried that 75-78 were waiting for. Also, twice I have seen Jewel personnel drop a piece of fried chicken on the floor, and instead of throwing it in the trash right there, they carry it to some area out of line of sight, which may or may not be the fryer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom