Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It's open? I thought it was closed. Even looks abandoned and I never see cars there.
    5 in the drive thru and about 8 cars in the parking lot tonight when I went

I think there's a government department, that notifies places when they find out you like something, so they can get rid of it.

But it can't be a government department, because it's too efficient.
    No doubt. Find something you like and they're sure to discontinue or not carry it anymore

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone going to the Valpo gun show tomorrow? Think I'll head there early morning, mostly to restock on Zicks
    I may try Sunday. Kid's cross country meet I'm assistant coaching at then off to Porter's Perfect Pint Fest. Wife is a good sport and dropping off and picking up a bunch of us again this year.
    I was planning on mowing after work today obviously busted. Now I have to wait until Sunday.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    KFC Gfiffith, for years crushed the bottom of the pan up to create a hollow and cheat you out of filling.

I complained to corporate and they sent me coupons for pot pies. The place didn't sto I complained to the manager and nothing changed.

Now whomever had been doing it is gone I suppose.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Used to try KFC while working. The worse one is on 169th in Hammond. Every one of us refused to ever go back to it. Griffith isn't much better. The only decent one I tried was on Ridge Rd in Munster.
    Popeye's on Cline just north of Ridge is always crowded but I have not tried it.
    Long John Silver's on Ridge in Munster is excellent.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I get pissed at Strack's sometimes but they do have the best carry out chicken.
    Yes strack (highland) can take forever at times but their chicken has never done jedi wrong.

For large parties/gatherings the parents and sisters always order chicken from there and it's good. Even when it the large 50 or 100 piece box.

Now their fried fish sandwich during lent is horrible. It's soggy and the bread they use is bad. So not worth it.

The Arby's one is way, way better.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't remember Popeyes on Cline being anything special but apparently it's like crack to nonagenarians in Grand Marquis'
    Chickin? None right?

Popeye's is crack to me too. And I drive dem dam 'FURIN cars.

I have no affinity to any particular location. All are the same.

All leave me satisfied and happy :oldwise:

None give me nightmares like a Jedi hug or gastrointestinal pain like a Taco Bell :toilet2:

FWIW, best ever Lenten Fish sammich is at Arby's :fogey:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @melensdad

I can't remember, but was this one of the walks you've taken?

YES, when I walked across England along Hadrian's Wall (North Sea to the Irish Sea) I actually stopped at Sycamore Gap, took a photo with that tree. I hope they hang that punk. But it's England, they are basically a nation of "Soros DAs" who slap criminal on the wrist and punish the productive class.

IMG_4880.jpeg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    YES, when I walked across England along Hadrian's Wall (North Sea to the Irish Sea) I actually stopped at Sycamore Gap, took a photo with that tree. I hope they hang that punk. But it's England, they are basically a nation of "Soros DAs" who slap criminal on the wrist and punish the productive class.

View attachment 303856
    I was pretty sure I remembered you talking about it before.
    Good to know, I can remember some things.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Yes strack (highland) can take forever at times but their chicken has never done jedi wrong.

For large parties/gatherings the parents and sisters always order chicken from there and it's good. Even when it the large 50 or 100 piece box.

Now their fried fish sandwich during lent is horrible. It's soggy and the bread they use is bad. So not worth it.

The Arby's one is way, way better.
    Jewel Osco in crown point (I know south of 30 blah blah) has the best fried chicken. It is “wingettes & drummies” puts kfc and stracks to shame. And every Friday the buckets are on sale. i don’t do spicy but they are available.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jewel Osco in crown point (I know south of 30 blah blah) has the best fried chicken. It is “wingettes & drummies” puts kfc and stracks to shame. And every Friday the buckets are on sale. i don’t do spicy but they are available.
    Once u said south of us30 you lost jedi. :p

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's Monday that Jewel has the 8 pc special for $5.99. ("Cheep Chicken Monday"). Sometimes we get that, and sometimes we get Strack's for $8.99. I prefer Strack's because it's not as heavily seasoned.

Pro tip: Save your discarded take-out chicken bones and skin in a big ziploc bag in the freezer to make broth. Boil them for about 4 hours and you've got a great base for soup or gravy, then just strain them. Pro tip #2: Make sure you drain the broth into an actual vessel and not the sink out of habit.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It's Monday that Jewel has the 8 pc special for $5.99. ("Cheep Chicken Monday"). Sometimes we get that, and sometimes we get Strack's for $8.99. I prefer Strack's because it's not as heavily seasoned.

Pro tip: Save your discarded take-out chicken bones and skin in a big ziploc bag in the freezer to make broth. Boil them for about 4 hours and you've got a great base for soup or gravy, then just strain them. Pro tip #2: Make sure you drain the broth into an actual vessel and not the sink out of habit.
    No the buckets are on sale
    Fridays. I don’t know what catchy name it has but there is a line lol like I said this is a bucket of like 30 or so bone in cut wings.

(Unless they recently changed it) I used to get it with my dad on fridays but since he got sick this summer things have been…. Different. Apparently chemo and chicken wings do not go together. Or chemo and anything.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

Pro tip …. Eat the skin it’s the best part you’re doing it all wrong lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom