• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    I know, some of the old timers on here seem to be a little trigger happy to flame others.
    and i wasnt tryn to get people attack u either,i just wanted to know why your against people makn profits,as we all need to feel like we got a decent deal.everyone thinks their big and bad behind a computer,but as we all know the guys that do nothin but talk,or the ones that run and cover when its time to back your mouth up.let the oldtimers feel tough its all they got with that E.D. ruin their lives,cuz their wife starts lettn the mailman in her box.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I offered a guy 500 on a generator for which he was asking 650.

He said no and at that price he would keep it.

I said thank you and wished him well.

That's how the market works.

Depending on how the item is priced. A $500 used glock- offer of $400 isn't a lowball, but a $475 new glock, offering $375 is definately a lowball. It's all subjective.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    What's the point of selling a gun? :rolleyes:

Is it the result of poor research or not knowing what they were buying? :dunno:

If the owner doesn't like it, why would I want it. :(

I agree with others that most offered here could be purchased new for less (with a little shopping around). :yesway:

These are just points to consider prior to buying a anything used (I know at times some have good reasons to sell, just not always seen here). :ingo:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    and i wasnt tryn to get people attack u either,i just wanted to know why your against people makn profits,as we all need to feel like we got a decent deal.everyone thinks their big and bad behind a computer,but as we all know the guys that do nothin but talk,or the ones that run and cover when its time to back your mouth up.let the oldtimers feel tough its all they got with that E.D. ruin their lives,cuz their wife starts lettn the mailman in her box.

Also, when you handed me the bag of .223 brass, I thought it was just that, brass. I didn't even look until a week later and noticed it was ammo.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If you don't like it you can always put in on consignment somewhere...

Ain't the free market awesome!

I also love reading "never been fired" that's a lie, all guns get fired at factory LOL

nitrox73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    South west along the river
    The other side no has really mentioned is this- Yes some people throw out lowball offers on everything they buy, here or anywhere, and some people accept that offer. It's not always about buying low to resell, sometimes it's about saving money or wishing you could buy something you otherwise can't afford at the asking price. I've bought stuff way below asking because cash in hand tends to speak better than I'll trade you my broken lawnmower (Yes, an actual offer on another website for something I was selling, I was told if I fixed his broken mower it would be worth way my than my asking price). As said by many others, you can always say no or just ignore the offer.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You might think that, but you'd be wrong...

Shibumiseeker,

Are they really that dense???

How do you explain this? Is it rudeness, ignorance, or the inability to grasp the English language?

I understand making offers where the seller hasn't said anything, but IF the seller is "100% Firm" or something like that I wouldn't even consider offering less. From your experience it seems that some percentage of members are "something" to do so anyway.

That said, I could see some folks inquiring about a trade, but not an offer per se.

Regards,

Doug

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Where are you going with this?

This thread was about people increasingly sending lowball offers, add to that how some then try to flip it for wayyy more than the item is worth in the market.

Not going anywhere with it.

I was just saying, if one makes wise purchases one will have little need to be upset because one cannot find a foolish buyer.

At the same time, sometimes the foolish buyer looks wise by comparison to the buyer that comes after him.

Free markets are an awesome thing.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Not going anywhere with it.

I was just saying, if one makes wise purchases one will have little need to be upset because one cannot find a foolish buyer.

At the same time, sometimes the foolish buyer looks wise by comparison to the buyer that comes after him.

Free markets are an awesome thing.

Yea but what about when you have a used Glock (for example) and they offer $300? How can a seller look foolish?

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I'm more insulted by the people trying to get $500 for their $250 gun than I am at people who send lowball offers. They're trolling for a deal. If you're not interested, say so and let that be the end of it.

On the other hand...When I see Sigmas with an asking price of $500, I have to lol and shake my head.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I get offers that I consider a bit lower than what I can get.. I just say "No thanks".. I ride it out for a bit and if necessary I drop the price if I really want to sell..
    I will list it a bit higher at the onset, but it's usually just slightly high. I know somebody is gonna offer me less.

I'm not insulted, I'm not offended, I just decline the offer with a thanks for the interest. I just don't see a reason to get too shook up about it.

The OP does make a point... We all want a fair deal no matter what commodity we deal in. It just seems that more and more true "lowball" offers come to my inbox.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, my two cents.

I have seen Firm prices change. So I will not Make an offer per se, but I have emailed people with Firm prices to let them know that IF they change their minds on the Firmness, to let me know that I am interested. I don't want something to get away because the price was firm until the day it wasn't then it changes to a price I am willing to pay and I ain't signed in to see it and the item gets sold.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Shibumiseeker,

Are they really that dense???

How do you explain this? Is it rudeness, ignorance, or the inability to grasp the English language?

I understand making offers where the seller hasn't said anything, but IF the seller is "100% Firm" or something like that I wouldn't even consider offering less. From your experience it seems that some percentage of members are "something" to do so anyway.

That said, I could see some folks inquiring about a trade, but not an offer per se.

Regards,

Doug

Well, my two cents.

I have seen Firm prices change. So I will not Make an offer per se, but I have emailed people with Firm prices to let them know that IF they change their minds on the Firmness, to let me know that I am interested. I don't want something to get away because the price was firm until the day it wasn't then it changes to a price I am willing to pay and I ain't signed in to see it and the item gets sold.

Doug, there's part of your answer right there. Other folks just plain get hostile when you won't bargain down or drive three hours so they can look at your gun, and then decide that scratch (which was pointed out in the ad) means that they can't buy it unless you knock $50 off hoping that you'll sell since you've driven that way.

I have wording similar to what you posted in my ads and I have had people curse me when I told them no thanks, my price is firm, or give me some sob story about their aged mother needed a gun (and these are folks who have several buy/sell ads at the same time) but who is on a fixed income, etc etc. It can get as bad as Hoosiertopics. If an ad says the price is negotiable in some way, I make an offer. If the ad says it is firm I only contact them if I am willing to pay their price.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm no wizard at the classifieds. In fact, I didn't care for them for a long time. I thought the classifieds brought INGO a lot of undesirable "members." Sorry, no offense if this is you.

In the past year I have bought and sold a small handful of stuff. My experience overall has been very good. I have dealt with a lot of fine folks. Some of us done business, some of us didn't. Some folks were a bit annoying and my guess is that some would say the same about me.

As far a "lowballin'" goes, I try to get the best deal I can so I cannot blame others for doing the same. If my item does not sell, I've not offered up something others feel is a good enough deal to take. I can't blame that on those making offers.:dunno:

BTW - I just bumped my for sale thread.
    Please, please, please buy my rifle. :)
    WTS: 1022 Build For Comp - INGunOwners

Top Bottom