• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    How much would you be willing to pay to have such offers weeded out of the free classifieds?

I'm more than willing to throw out a donation. I think that many of the Armslist and Hoosier Topics regulars came on here JUST for the classifieds. I think that's more irritating than anything, make 50 posts and only hit the classifieds.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's wierd, mine pop up with a notification you have to click, when a I receive a new PM.

So what was it about me making a profit you were saying?
    I said according to one other poster it appears that you are not above making a profit but you criticize others in your OP for attempting to do the same as he pointed out. Never said I did'nt receive a PM. Just said I never read it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    To All,

It seems to me that selling on any board is much like selling at a garage sale: the price asked is a baseline and offers should be expected.

That said, if you wish to avoid offers simply say:

"I am not dying of cancer,
    my daughter is not pregnant,
    the transmission has not fallen out of my truck,
    I am not going through a divorce, THEREFORE:

The price is 100% firm! I don't need the money. Do not send me offers except to say "I will take it!"
    "

That should end the offers or at least give someone a chuckle.

Regards,

Doug

You might think that, but you'd be wrong...

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    No, not at all...but I do feel a donation to the site would be considerate. Judging by the threads you posted asking questions, maybe becoming a site supporter would be a nice "thank you"?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6082307

I'm going to send mine right now, the $20 profit I made off the Marlin.
    im not against u makn a lil,i was satisfied with the rifle.im against whining,u know like most of the guys that work at bp do al day:ar15:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I said according to one other poster it appears that you are not above making a profit but you criticize others in your OP for attempting to do the same as he pointed out. Never said I did'nt receive a PM. Just said I never read it.

You must have taken my OP wrong, it was about people lowballing offers. I'm not against anyone making a profit, it just seems there is a group of users in the classifieds that troll through throwing lowball offers out there. My profit was $20 on a $250 deal. It does get annoying when someone lists, oh let's say, a used XDm for 20% over retail, over and over and over.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know, some of the old timers on here seem to be a little trigger happy to flame others.
    Hey, I'm just going by what the guy posted. As a matter of fact I did'nt just take his word that you were originally asking $300 for it. I did a little researching and I came across the classified ad. That's all i'm saying. He's the one that raised the issue initially.

I could care less if you or anyone else makes a profit or not.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hey, I'm just going by what the guy posted. As a matter of fact I did'nt just take his word that you were originally asking $300 for it. I did a little researching and I came across the classified ad. That's all i'm saying. He's the one that raised the issue initially.

I could care less if you or anyone else makes a profit or not.

If you COULD care LESS, that means you care somewhat....

The guy that bought my 336 did not lowball me, for the record.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I offered a guy 500 on a generator for which he was asking 650.

He said no and at that price he would keep it.

I said thank you and wished him well.

That's how the market works.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yeah

these kind of people bug me... i feel like saying, u buy and then sell it for what you want when it belongs to you....you have to build the lowball into the item your are selling...i buy and try a lot of guns...get bored and sell them or find something else i want....i know what it is worth ...probably bought and sold 40 guns on here and armslist
    I like it when an ingo'er sends a pm to tell you his oppinion of your price, not at all being interested in the gun at all...

Top Bottom