• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I like it when an ingo'er sends a pm to tell you his oppinion of your price, not at all being interested in the gun at all...
    Do tell. How many times has this happened to you with only having 24 posts?

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    Times must be hard, people must be desperate. I've never had so many lowball offers on here. I'm not sure if they can't afford what they want to buy, or if they are trying to buy cheap to sell for a profit. Maybe they think EVERYONE selling on here desperately needs the money? Anything I sell/trade goes back into my "gun fund". Gun collecting/shooting/hunting, etc is not a PROFIT hobby. I don't know why so many people think they can make a buck slitting another hobbyist's throat. The concepts of "Pay it forward",etc are long gone. It's like herpes, a guy buys a used Glock and throws it up for $550. Next thing you know, everyone is trying to buy $400 Glocks and list them for $550. It's that 95% of people....
    just sayn u sold me that 336 for more than what u paid for it,i seen u got it for 180 and were asking 300.i gave u 250 for it so u made a profit.whats wrong with people making offers,not every gun is worth what u think it is,its worth as much as someone is willin to pay for it.:twocents:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Times must be hard, people must be desperate. I've never had so many lowball offers on here. I'm not sure if they can't afford what they want to buy, or if they are trying to buy cheap to sell for a profit. Maybe they think EVERYONE selling on here desperately needs the money? Anything I sell/trade goes back into my "gun fund". Gun collecting/shooting/hunting, etc is not a PROFIT hobby. I don't know why so many people think they can make a buck slitting another hobbyist's throat. The concepts of "Pay it forward",etc are long gone. It's like herpes, a guy buys a used Glock and throws it up for $550. Next thing you know, everyone is trying to buy $400 Glocks and list them for $550. It's that 95% of people....

Can you not "just say no" and/or put your price as firm to save yourself the bellyache?

Consider this: Why would I want to pay nearly retail for a used gun "with less than 50 rounds through it" (yeah, whatever) when for 50-75 dollars more I can get a new one, even have the option to put it on my credit card, have a place to talk it back if it's DOA AND at the same time support my LGS?

I personally am not interested in supporting someone's gun fund, I'm looking to get a good gun at a good price.

Oh, btw: in the above I am speaking generally. I have made no offers on any gun on INGO and have not looked at the OP's offerings that I know of (but peruse the handgun classified section frequently).

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    just sayn u sold me that 336 for more than what u paid for it,i seen u got it for 180 and were asking 300.i gave u 250 for it so u made a profit.whats wrong with people making offers,not every gun is worth what u think it is,its worth as much as someone is willin to pay for it.:twocents:

How's a feller s'posed to upgrade if'n he cain't make a little extra on a sale? Buy low. Sell high. This isn't the Salvation Army.:dunno:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    How's a feller s'posed to upgrade if'n he cain't make a little extra on a sale? Buy low. Sell high. This isn't the Salvation Army.:dunno:

I got a Glock 22 with Trijicon night sights I'll sell ya for $750. Only had like 600 rounds through it since I've owned it (about half a year). C'mon... I need the extra cash to finish my AR project and fund a new Glock. :D Don't lowball me by offering $749 though. I'll start kicking and screaming and throwing a fit!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some people might rather pay close to retail for a safe queen that truly only has a few rounds through it so they don't have to do the background check.

We all know the government doesn't have that information though, right?;)

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    A low-ball offer is no different than someone asking almost retail for a used item. If you don't like the offer, just simply answer no, or don't answer at all..:dunno:

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

Not much for free markets, eh?

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana

I paid 189 plus tax if I remember correctly, and I gave you a $25 box of ammo.....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It seems to me that selling on any board is much like selling at a garage sale: the price asked is a baseline and offers should be expected.

That said, if you wish to avoid offers simply say:

"I am not dying of cancer,
    my daughter is not pregnant,
    the transmission has not fallen out of my truck,
    I am not going through a divorce, THEREFORE:

The price is 100% firm! I don't need the money. Do not send me offers except to say "I will take it!"
    "

That should end the offers or at least give someone a chuckle.

Regards,

Doug

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Apparently according to one poster it looks like he's all for free market and making a bit of profit for himself but not others. :dunno:

Willing buyer.

Willing seller.

No coercion.

Many want Liberty without the responsibility that accompanies it.

If one makes wise purchases one will have little need to be upset because one cannot find a foolish buyer.

Most upset sellers are upset because they cannot find a buyer even more foolish than their self.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I don't care what people buy or sell. The PM's consisting of "What's your bottom dollar?" and offers for 40% less than asking have become very frequent lately. That's all I was posting. Obviously some people need to scour the classifieds....

How much would you be willing to pay to have such offers weeded out of the free classifieds?

Top Bottom