Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm against unidentified LE of any kind pulling people off the streets into unmarked vehicles because that's getting into Gestapo/secret police territory. I would feel no sympathy for these Feds if they go after the wrong person and get lit up for it. I also won't physically defend these leftists from it because it's a taste of their own medicine. They would be cheering it on if it were anyone else and they made their own beds calling for gun bans all the time.

I'm against protests going from waiving signs and stating their opinions in a public place legaly to blocking thoroughfares and destroying public property; it's getting into bolshevik territory. I feel no sympathy for these criminals getting lit up for it. I'd be cheering it on.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The opposite of OPSEC is not observing OPSEC. No special name is needed...you're doing it wrong. I'm still getting those damn briefings.
    Wait, what?? No acronym!!??
    :xmad: Not authorized!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Private contractors hired by Homeland Security umbrella are arriving unasked for, and unwanted in American cities, which someone should point out didn't vote for Donald Trump.

It should also be pointed out, statements from Homeland Security say they are NOT required to check in with local authorities,
    Are NOT required to identify themselves,
    Are NOT required to have arrest warrants or probable cause,
    And ARE allowed to take American citizens off the streets, hold them indefinitely.

In Portland or Seattle (didn't catch which) the MAYOR & STAFF trying to identify these people have been pepper sprayed and fired upon with rubber bullets.
    There is quite a nice video of the mayor getting pepper sprayed and his staff members getting hit with rubber bullets...

When they won't identify themselves to the local law enforcement, local government, and the Mayor is fired upon when trying to find out exactly who/where they are from,
    And they are snatching US citizens off the streets with no legal/constitutional rights being observed, it's pretty clear what's going on.
    We'll just see how long it takes the slower US citizens to catch up with what's happening...
    Which source-o-absolute-truth are you consulting? Is it the magic 8-ball-o-justice? I think it’s stuck on the bull**** setting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man this thread is so full of everything from good opinions well stated to absolute :bs:

It is no wonder "Our Side" is slowly loosing the battle.

What a mess. Heck the thread title should tell us all something.

I hear the :coffee: pot chime. Must be ready. Carry on ladies.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    A good rule of thumb is if a "protest" continues beyond dusk, odds are it'll become destructive. These aren't protests from your Daddy's era 40 years ago, they've become more monetized and refined. I've had no issue to this point with the Police work reported.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The funny thing is that, by and large, the only people complaining about the police were the criminal element and their families. Screw the whiny ass progressives who are trying to push criminal rights over the rights of law abiding citizens.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The funny thing is that, by and large, the only people complaining about the police were the criminal element and their families. Screw the whiny ass progressives who are trying to push criminal rights over the rights of law abiding citizens.

There are a few in this thread that are not pleased.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was going to write up a big long response, but screw that. If you're more worried about criminals than law abiding citizens, your opinion means zero to me. Yes, there are social ills that need to be addressed, but criminal pieces of **** who prey on other people can all burn in hell for all I care.

You know this isn't directed at you churchmouse, but those who worry more about criminal scum than the people they prey upon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Man this thread is so full of everything from good opinions well stated to absolute :bs:

It is no wonder "Our Side" is slowly loosing the battle.

What a mess. Heck the thread title should tell us all something.

I hear the :coffee: pot chime. Must be ready. Carry on ladies.

Sides? That's part of the problem. There is a very cohesive "side" which is hell bent on deconstructing "America", and then there's everyone else, which is a very ideologically diverse group. You're not going to get that group to agree on anything resembling the cohesiveness on the bat-****-crazy side. But it would be nice for everyone to focus on what is at stake an at least unite acknowledge that we're united on that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sides? That's part of the problem. There is a very cohesive "side" which is hell bent on deconstructing "America", and then there's everyone else, which is a very ideologically diverse group. You're not going to get that group to agree on anything resembling the cohesiveness on the bat-****-crazy side. But it would be nice for everyone to focus on what is at stake an at least unite acknowledge that we're united on that.

Yes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was going to write up a big long response, but screw that. If you're more worried about criminals than law abiding citizens, your opinion means zero to me. Yes, there are social ills that need to be addressed, but criminal pieces of **** who prey on other people can all burn in hell for all I care.

You know this isn't directed at you churchmouse, but those who worry more about criminal scum than the people they prey upon.

Rule of law. Just follow it. There are things like probable cause. Sometimes the rules that protect innocent people from bull**** charges, protects people who shouldn't be protected. It's just the price we pay to have a freer society. I should not have to worry about being snatched up by an unmarked van by government goons. However, that's obviously not what's happening. I don't know where that previous poster got his information from if not from the broken magic-8-ball-o-justice, because it's fake news.

The State of Oregon sued to stop the feds from intervening. They presented their reams of video evidence of unidentified officers, and unmarked vehicles. Of all that, they could only produce 2 videos that involved an unmarked vehicle, and none of their video evidence included any unidentified federal officers. They all wore uniforms which clearly identified their particular branch, and they all had badge numbers visibly displayed. The judge basically said, get the **** out of my court you slimy **********s. Okay. He didn't exactly say that, but he denied the motion. You don't see that reported anywhere.

We should all be concerned with rule of law. A government powerful enough to snatch the guilty off the street without probable cause is powerful enough to snatch me off the street without probable cause. Rules must be followed to take these miscreants in. When they are arrested, I want it to stick. I want these violent mother****ers trying to turn my country into a Marxist CHAZian **** hole, to rot in jail, taking as much of that big Bubba D in places they didn't even know it could fit. I do not want them getting out of jail on a technicality because some jackboot didn't follow the law. No more of this revolving stuff. Put the ****ers away. Keep them away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rule of law. Just follow it. There are things like probable cause. Sometimes the rules that protect innocent people from bull**** charges, protects people who shouldn't be protected. It's just the price we pay to have a freer society. I should not have to worry about being snatched up by an unmarked van by government goons. However, that's obviously not what's happening. I don't know where that previous poster got his information from if not from the broken magic-8-ball-o-justice, because it's fake news.

The State of Oregon sued to stop the feds from intervening. They presented their reams of video evidence of unidentified officers, and unmarked vehicles. Of all that, they could only produce 2 videos that involved an unmarked vehicle, and none of their video evidence included any unidentified federal officers. They all wore uniforms which clearly identified their particular branch, and they all had badge numbers visibly displayed. The judge basically said, get the **** out of my court you slimy **********s. Okay. He didn't exactly say that, but he denied the motion. You don't see that reported anywhere.

We should all be concerned with rule of law. A government powerful enough to snatch the guilty off the street without probable cause is powerful enough to snatch me off the street without probable cause. Rules must be followed to take these miscreants in. When they are arrested, I want it to stick. I want these violent mother****ers trying to turn my country into a Marxist CHAZian **** hole, to rot in jail, taking as much of that big Bubba D in places they didn't even know it could fit. I do not want them getting out of jail on a technicality because some jackboot didn't follow the law. No more of this revolving stuff. Put the ****ers away. Keep them away.

OK that is probably the best post in this thread. You are so on point here.
    Like I said the OP is so off in the clouds to even start this thread with that title and then say the things he did only to come back that we attacked him.......WOW.
    To be that far out of reality and be a member here is just a head spin to me. He is probably a decent person in the real. But his posts incite instead of inform. I read. A lot. It goes with the chair. So I see posting styles and who I need to see what's posted. That said no knock on him directly just an example of what we have to deal with when a serious message needs to be delivered.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You really need fundamental change at the academic/think tank level, then. Without that, the ringleaders don't rot in jail; the become an activist cause célèbre, receiving more and more of a kid gloves treatment behind bars until the army of woke lawyers pursuing 'justice' secure their release into cushy teaching and think tank jobs. Look at what happened with the Weather Underground folks - if cop-killing, armed robbery and indiscriminate killing with IEDs isn't enough to keep these folks from teaching jobs, what is?

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

That's about the mayor getting teargassed, which was known. It confirms about 1/2 of one line of JeepHammer's post.

Even the mayor being "gassed" is a result of his own stupidity and was not un-provoked.

On his “listening” session at the riots last Wednesday night, Mayor Ted Wheeler stood at the fence line protecting the federal courthouse, which he’s now trying to remove because it’s in the way of a bike lane (side note: there’s only one group of people more beloved than antifa in Portland and that’s bicyclists).As he stood there staring intently at the IED-pocked, scorched, and graffitied building, there was an “unprovoked” gassing of the protesters. Wheeler was overcome by the fumes, his COVID-19 mask not being enough to keep out the smell. He later pronounced that the feds had no provocation for gassing the crowds—that he had seen nothing which could possibly, remotely, ever, ever cause cops to shoot tear gas canisters.
    As protest-watcher Andy Ngo pointed out, “the building had been set on fire and rioters were throwing explosives.”

Christian Broadcast Network reporter, who was standing near the mayor, says rioters were given several warnings to get out or they’d be pushed back with crowd-control devices – tear gas. The mayor knew this. The reporter from CBN called the mayor a “liar” for alleging that the federal police response was unprovoked. He thinks Wheeler did it for a photo op.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/victori...e-being-told-about-the-portland-riots-n675861

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK that is probably the best post in this thread. You are so on point here.
    Like I said the OP is so off in the clouds to even start this thread with that title and then say the things he did only to come back that we attacked him.......WOW.
    To be that far out of reality and be a member here is just a head spin to me. He is probably a decent person in the real. But his posts incite instead of inform. I read. A lot. It goes with the chair. So I see posting styles and who I need to see what's posted. That said no knock on him directly just an example of what we have to deal with when a serious message needs to be delivered.

It's worth saying, I don't think he intended to incite anything. I think he's getting information from just one side of this, and probably has a bias in that direction and it all seemed untoward. But I think we can take the fact that the state lost its case against the feds that the accusations of fed thuggary is fake news. Not saying there were no examples of that but it's clearly not the entire operation. When the actual evidence came out in court, they didn't have a case.

Top Bottom