Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You really need fundamental change at the academic/think tank level, then. Without that, the ringleaders don't rot in jail; the become an activist cause célèbre, receiving more and more of a kid gloves treatment behind bars until the army of woke lawyers pursuing 'justice' secure their release into cushy teaching and think tank jobs. Look at what happened with the Weather Underground folks - if cop-killing, armed robbery and indiscriminate killing with IEDs isn't enough to keep these folks from teaching jobs, what is?

The academic/think tank level is where all this **** started. It's where critical theory started. It's at that level where critical theory morphed into other critical theories, like critical race theory, critical gender theory, critical feminist theory, and oh, hell, they even have a critical obesity theory. It's all under the umbrella of critical social justice. It's all contrived. It's all a ruse under-girded by Marxism at the center, but using post modern constructs as tools to achieve their goals. The answer to that isn't to limit free speech, to prohibit them from huddling in their think tanks dividing ways to deconstruct the most peaceful, prosperous, safe way of life in human history. The answer is more free speech, asserting our own rebuttal to it. The hard part is saying that not everything BLM is doing is righteous. That takes courage, because they've placed themselves as fake moral virtue at the top of the moral pedestal which self-righteous people like to worship.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Rule of law. Just follow it. There are things like probable cause. Sometimes the rules that protect innocent people from bull**** charges, protects people who shouldn't be protected. It's just the price we pay to have a freer society. I should not have to worry about being snatched up by an unmarked van by government goons. However, that's obviously not what's happening. I don't know where that previous poster got his information from if not from the broken magic-8-ball-o-justice, because it's fake news.

The State of Oregon sued to stop the feds from intervening. They presented their reams of video evidence of unidentified officers, and unmarked vehicles. Of all that, they could only produce 2 videos that involved an unmarked vehicle, and none of their video evidence included any unidentified federal officers. They all wore uniforms which clearly identified their particular branch, and they all had badge numbers visibly displayed. The judge basically said, get the **** out of my court you slimy **********s. Okay. He didn't exactly say that, but he denied the motion. You don't see that reported anywhere.

We should all be concerned with rule of law. A government powerful enough to snatch the guilty off the street without probable cause is powerful enough to snatch me off the street without probable cause. Rules must be followed to take these miscreants in. When they are arrested, I want it to stick. I want these violent mother****ers trying to turn my country into a Marxist CHAZian **** hole, to rot in jail, taking as much of that big Bubba D in places they didn't even know it could fit. I do not want them getting out of jail on a technicality because some jackboot didn't follow the law. No more of this revolving stuff. Put the ****ers away. Keep them away.

:yesway:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    You don’t need PC to detain someone :rolleyes:. You have no idea the circumstances behind these so called “abductions“ by the “secret police.” Just more idiots spewing conjecture on the internet which is the whole reason our nation is in the current state that it’s in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People here are ok with it because using federal power on the public is good as long as it’s the people they disagree with.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don’t need PC to detain someone :rolleyes:. You have no idea the circumstances behind these so called “abductions“ by the “secret police.” Just more idiots spewing conjecture on the internet which is the whole reason our nation is in the current state that it’s in.

Just out of curiosity, how would you respond to a couple of guys in camo, walking up to you, scooping you off the sidewalk and trying to stuff you in a van?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    People here are ok with it because using federal power on the public is good as long as it’s the people they disagree with.

False. It is because they rioters are attacking federal property (our property) and the local administration/police are doing nothing to stop it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I do think people tend to be more eager to find reasons to support something that benefits them and less eager otherwise. The opposite is also as true. One might tend to be against it when it's used against the people one agrees with. There's also another reason to think either way. You might think it's always okay to use federal power to protect federal resources regardless of who the power is used against. Or, you might think it's never okay under any circumstances. Should I assume which camp you're in like you assumed?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hi Kut, You have been missed, really.

I do not expect to put myself in the position of enemy of the state, or to be associated with them, so the possibility of this happening to me is near to, if not zero.

As I stated up-thread, I have no problem with arresting home grown terrorists and the officials that refuse to stop them themselves.

I have no problem with shooting to death anyone pointing a laser at police, I would prefer frangible ammo in order to cut down collateral damage, as opposed to a Barrett .50 suggested by another member.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    People here are ok with it because using federal power on the public is good as long as it’s the people [STRIKE] they disagree with[/STRIKE] who are committing violence and destruction.

The part I fixed for you would be a better description of my views on this. And if any white-power or alt-right "protesters" behave in the same manner, they need to be snuffed out also.

p.s. Welcome back Mr. K. Hope you and yours are doing OK.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, how would you respond to a couple of guys in camo, walking up to you, scooping you off the sidewalk and trying to stuff you in a van?

I’ve only seen one video of these “kidnappings” so maybe I’m missing something. You mean the camo ones with yellow “POLICE” patches on them? And I was truly innocent and just walking down the street and happened to find myself in the middle of these destructive riots that have been going on for several weeks? I’d start to question my actions that led me to where I was.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

If "people I disagree with" includes street terrorists that destroy public and private property, block access on public streets and blind law enforcement officers with lasers in the pursuit of a radical Marxist agenda, then yeah, I'm pretty ok with it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    False. It is because they rioters are attacking federal property (our property) and the local administration/police are doing nothing to stop it.

“rioters”
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was I then or earlier defacing a Federal Building or Property?

That sounds like a crime. How many people have the feds arrested? Wouldn’t one think that if the feds are going to scoop you up at throw you in a car, they might think it a good idea to also charge them?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “rioters”
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is[/video]

Individual instances of unreasonable actions by police agencies, whether federal, state or local, should be assessed as individual cases. That is a separate issue altogether from the question of whether federal agents can be authorized to protect federal property.

Top Bottom