• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Honestly can't say when the last time I had my running shoes on, but decided to break them out and dust them off. I stay pretty active but hardly ever excercise. Suprised myself with the run... 1.54 miles in 14:12, not too bad, considering my last logged run on MapMyRun was in 2014 and I beat my pace back then.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Honestly can't say when the last time I had my running shoes on, but decided to break them out and dust them off. I stay pretty active but hardly ever excercise. Suprised myself with the run... 1.54 miles in 14:12, not too bad, considering my last logged run on MapMyRun was in 2014 and I beat my pace back then.

Well done!

today I did 3/4 mile then 12 rounds of
    5 pull ups
    10 push ups
    15 squats
    then tried another 3/4 mile but my thighs gave out after 1/4 and calves began to cramp. I need to run more

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Nice work!
    I have been watching the CrossFit Games regionals. Very motivational. I should watch it on Youtube while doing my workouts.
    Those folks are machines. Holy cow.

Thursday:
    Wall ball shots 50-40-30-20-10
    Handstand push-ups 15-12-9-6-3
    Friday:
    4 mile late night fun run with a friend
    Saturday:
    Another good monster mash workout with more Murph prep at the end
    15 min as many rounds as possible of
    200m run w/ 20 lb med ball
    5 strict pull-ups
    10 weighted push-ups (25 lbs)
    15 goblet squats (53 lbs)
    Sunday:
    Yoga

This week is testing week for our gym. Interested to see where my strength numbers are at after 3 full months of almost exclusive endurance work.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Fish, this is what I love about crossfit. You are impressed with the regional people and I couldn't do the workout that you did. And today my 64yo dad did the scaled WOD with my wife and I. My 5 and 7 yo do kids crossfit.

it's truly for everyone.

Today we did parallette pass throughs, or however you spell that. Crab walk with a med ball in your gut was awful too, among the other things like 3 30cal rows

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Fish, this is what I love about crossfit. You are impressed with the regional people and I couldn't do the workout that you did. And today my 64yo dad did the scaled WOD with my wife and I. My 5 and 7 yo do kids crossfit.

it's truly for everyone.

Today we did parallette pass throughs, or however you spell that. Crab walk with a med ball in your gut was awful too, among the other things like 3 30cal rows
    With the right coaching & attitude, it absolutely can be for anyone. I'm constantly impressed by the things normal, average every-day people do in our gym. It's fun to be a part of it, and just makes me want to work all that much harder.

Ugh, I hate those things (we call 'em shoot throughs). Killer for your core and shoulders. And crab walks with a med ball sound evil!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Since I tore up my knee, I haven't ran, and probably won't anymore. I've been doing 20 minutes of intense elliptical a few days a week. Switched up my strength training, and for the last 3 weeks have done nothing but chin-ups and dips (I do descending sets of both, starting at 7 or 8, down to one, then ascending sets back up to at least 5), with a single set of 75 push-ups at the end. I plan to switch back to more push-ups and using my heavy dumbbells in a couple of months.

My weight has remained steady at 215 to 220, even with way less cardio than I was doing at the end of last year.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This week was bad.

Off last week because of trial, and then windshield time to Louisville where I sat, and stood on concrete for days. It took 30 minutes of yoga last Saturday to get my body to move to go to dinner.

This week I have been walking/hiking (even walked to work, 4.5 mile walk) and today I went to yoga.

Sitting on my dog blosom will be my death.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today was the dreaded Murph.

here's what I did in 69:55
    1 mile run
    20 rounds of:
    1 pull up, 4 ring rows
    10 push ups
    15 squats
    1 mile run (walked 100m due to a cramp in my calf)

felt awesome. I started in October and couldn't do one pull up. Today i did 20

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I can do a single leg standing hop of 137 cm right and 135 cm left (the fixed knee). I guess that's OK for a not real tall slightly over optimun bmi middle aged white guy. :):

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My complete home fitness center is nearing completion. I ordered a squat/bench press rack from Amazon. The first shipment was pretty much destroyed by whoever shipped it. Had to wait for more to arrive. Got the second one, but the support bar wasn't made correctly, so they immediately shipped another one and finally got that yesterday. Only thing left is to order some rubber bumper plates from Rogue. I purchased two made in China plates from a fitness place (same brand can be found on-line), but the rubber smell just stays around. They were outside for about two weeks, I put them inside, and they stunk up the basement. They have been out side on the porch for weeks and they are still giving off a small. I'm going to try two of the plates Rogue sells and see if the rubber odor is all that bad. Looking forward to doing some bench presses and squats, but I'm not sure if I will do any dead lifts due to lower back issues. This week I went light with strength training, only doing about thirty pull-up/chin-up exercises and some triceps exercises. Been getting my cardio doing yard work on the other days.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    On vacation last week, managed to drop into a box one day and two hotel workouts the rest of the week. Yesterday was Murph, and it was as rough as I remember. 51:33 for:

1 mile run
    100 pull-ups
    200 push-ups
    300 air squats
    1 mile run

No vest again this time, planning on doing it again this fall with a vest.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did 35# for first two then 24# KB for last four rounds. Took me 28:46. Absolutely awful workout.
    RXD

30 KB Swings (53/35)
    40 Air Squat
    2 Rounds

40 Shoulder to Overhead (45/35lbs)
    30 KB Squats
    2 Rounds

30 KB Swings
    40 Air Squats
    40 Shoulder to Overhead
    30 KB Squats
    2 Rounds
    Time

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am debating doing a 5k row when I get home. It was the crossfit workout for today that I did not do since it was my rest day. Then I felt lazy. Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom