• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to handle this kind of situation. No one has a good answer for these scenarios. Bosma will say that it's up to Smaltz. Smaltz will say there's alot to get to and he's not sure if there's enough votes. Or just that he hopes to get to it.

If Mr. Smaltz says something like that, the first question is, "Then why has Public Policy had so few meetings this session?"

Regardless, the answer will not be in their words, but in their eyes. Look for Smaltz, on the "hot seat", to look to Bosma in a vain effort to bail him out. Bosma, in turn, I'd expect to throw Smaltz under the bus, or at least tell him to schedule the bills, so Bosma can kill them on the floor.

Trigger, I appreciate that you want in on this. The problem is that I said to politely go down and talk to him, and you've indicated before, and below, that you have no intention of remaining polite.

NRA need to give them both crap ratings if they sit on this bill again this year. Time to hit em where it hurts and seriously try to get them beat in their primary races. Bosma would fit into the swamp Trump is draining. I remember how I used to hate what pat Bauer was doing, and now I can't believe that the republican leader is EXACTLY the same.
    if this bill doesn't get a vote this session i WILL vote for a democrat next election as a personal **** you to bosma and I will encourage everyone I know who I've converted to vote republican to do the same. Hell I will even go make phone calls for the democrat candidate

I get it. I really do, and I've made the Bauer comparison myself. The solution, it seems to me, is for House district 88 to vote in a new rep and Bosma to no longer be Speaker. I'm not in 88, so I can't help with that. However... that's not to say that those who ARE in district 88 can't have their doors knocked on by someone who lives elsewhere.
    The thing I keep going back to is that, as I said elsewhere, I've been told that Mr. Smaltz is a very methodical person, and wants to get the ducks in a row, get the opposition quelled before the bill is heard, at least the official opposition, like chiefs of police, etc. If indeed that's what he's doing, I can't find fault. If instead, he is just stalling so this runs out of time to be heard, yes, we have a problem, and that problem is the guy from House District 88. Time for a new Speaker.

ETA: INGO member John Galt recently cross-posted to several threads that the chiefs, mayors, sheriffs, etc., all need contacted. How many of us have done that? Don't answer me here on that question, as the number would only depress me, and I can't fault you all for not doing that as I have yet to as well. That said, though, my letters go out tonight.

Shame Indiana doesn't have a provision for a vote of no confidence.

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm off on Monday and Tuesday. I'd be glad to meet up with someone that's done that sort of thing before and knows the ropes pretty well.

I am swamped today (Monday) but I may have time Tuesday. I don't know his schedule; but if you can figure it out (what meetings he is in) you can sometime talk to Legislators between sesssions.

I need to do this as last year I tried to invite Bosma to an Appleseed (he was booked) - but I want to do it again.
    and Also - when the new house is finished - he's MY legislator ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    If Mr. Smaltz says something like that, the first question is, "Then why has Public Policy had so few meetings this session?"

Regardless, the answer will not be in their words, but in their eyes. Look for Smaltz, on the "hot seat", to look to Bosma in a vain effort to bail him out. Bosma, in turn, I'd expect to throw Smaltz under the bus, or at least tell him to schedule the bills, so Bosma can kill them on the floor.

Trigger, I appreciate that you want in on this. The problem is that I said to politely go down and talk to him, and you've indicated before, and below, that you have no intention of remaining polite.

I get it. I really do, and I've made the Bauer comparison myself. The solution, it seems to me, is for House district 88 to vote in a new rep and Bosma to no longer be Speaker. I'm not in 88, so I can't help with that. However... that's not to say that those who ARE in district 88 can't have their doors knocked on by someone who lives elsewhere.
    The thing I keep going back to is that, as I said elsewhere, I've been told that Mr. Smaltz is a very methodical person, and wants to get the ducks in a row, get the opposition quelled before the bill is heard, at least the official opposition, like chiefs of police, etc. If indeed that's what he's doing, I can't find fault. If instead, he is just stalling so this runs out of time to be heard, yes, we have a problem, and that problem is the guy from House District 88. Time for a new Speaker.

ETA: INGO member John Galt recently cross-posted to several threads that the chiefs, mayors, sheriffs, etc., all need contacted. How many of us have done that? Don't answer me here on that question, as the number would only depress me, and I can't fault you all for not doing that as I have yet to as well. That said, though, my letters go out tonight.

Blessings,
    Bill

VOTE of no confidence?
    Queen Amidala: "If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a Vote of No Confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."

I have a letter for The LEO's drafted ... need to send ... as already noted - I'm swamped. later tonight it'll go ... if not sooner. to 2 or 3 sheriff's and 2 or 3 Chiefs.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Blessings,
    Bill
    thats ok Bill, going to a meeting with you would probably be unproductive anyways but I was willing to do it to bolster numbers. The fact that you assume I would not act in a manner respecting the rest of the group is insulting to me. Also that you would decline help is laughable. Like you are somehow above me.
    And when I said knock on doors I don't mean in just bosmas district. I meant mine as well. When republicans start losing their seats due to bosma then that might also make the caucus decide that a new speaker is in order.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ill just attend one of Mr Bosmas fundraising events or a republican state committee event he attends and let him know in person (in a calm manner of coarse but candid) that I wish he would take his oath more seriously. The republicans under his leadership have chosen to take on some very dumb issues and cause important ones to fall to the trash. If people stop kissing his ass and tell it to him straight like they have a pair then maybe he will get it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I wrote both Smallz and Bosma.

Too bad he's got a 'Z' in his name. Else we could all wear shirts like this:

killinmesmalls_fullpic.jpg

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Everyone should take Bosma's survey:

Constituent Survey - HD 88 | State of Indiana House of Representatives

The way Constitutional Carry is worded pretty crappy, but take it anyway.

Done (as noted Bosma will be "MY" rep when I move later this year) - which I noted in the comments to him. - Also did current rep's survey as well.
    It appears this Q is on several "R" surveys - but you can also fill out the comments online.
    I did my current state senator as well - and filled that in as well. ...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Trigger,

You're right, and BTW, thank you for sending what in former times I'm reasonably certain would have been a neg rep. That is not sarcasm, I'm genuinely thanking you.

I did make an assumption and I can see how it would come across that I was "above you". I went based on what you'd told me in the past, and that backed up by your comment about sending him a big middle finger, and yet, even so, that was wrong. For the record, I'm not "above" anyone and to decline assistance was wrong.

I would like to offer you a sincere apology for what came across but was not intended as an insult. I am sorry, and I hope that you will accept this apology, sent publicly not for appearance but for the fact that my previous statement was public and this should be as well.

I think the main point here is that if Mr. Bosma is in fact the stalling point for these good bills, Mr. Bosma needs to find new employment for the first three months of the year and on that, I think we can all agree- IF he is the stalling point. We'll know by the end of this session, when we see if Mr. Lucas' bills pass and in what form.

So that the point is not lost, I'll repeat it: Trigger, I'm sorry that what I said insulted you. The insult, though unintended, is no less real. If we do have a meeting with him, the more of us that are there, the better.

Blessings,
    Bill

thats ok Bill, going to a meeting with you would probably be unproductive anyways but I was willing to do it to bolster numbers. The fact that you assume I would not act in a manner respecting the rest of the group is insulting to me. Also that you would decline help is laughable. Like you are somehow above me.
    And when I said knock on doors I don't mean in just bosmas district. I meant mine as well. When republicans start losing their seats due to bosma then that might also make the caucus decide that a new speaker is in order.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thank you BIll I appreciate and accept your apology. I have mostly looked up to you on political matters and how gracefully you put things. I'd like to think we are on the same side.
    the speaker (bosma) I want to keep saying his name, has been behind this stall for the last couple times as well. Dougherty I'm sure was happy to follow the speakers direction and play his part since he was no friend to gun rights. If this doesn't make it out of committee this session I will blame bosma and I pledge I will donate as much money as I can afford to whoever runs agains him. As well as other things I can do politicaly against him and those who fall in line blindly behind him.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    BoR showing genuine diplomacy, such a rarity these days. :) (ETA: and TT responding in like kind.)

I'll skip this meeting, assuming you all have it covered, but do please give me a shout when you all determine it's time for the tar and feathers. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    BoR showing genuine diplomacy, such a rarity these days. :)

I'll skip this meeting, assuming you all have it covered, but do please give me a shout when you all determine it's time for the tar and feathers. :):
    I can't comment on if I agree with you or not for fear of not only a ban but a knock on my door.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I can't comment on if I agree with you or not for fear of not only a ban but a knock on my door.

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. ;)

My statement only suggests that we might all peacefully demonstrate disguised as huge chickens ...or something like that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Funny thing, though... I recall being told that Tom Dermody was a strong pro-gun rights guy, too.

It's probably fair to say that, had he gone against any orders he might have been given, such as "don't give that bill a hearing", it would have been a pointless gesture. If the bill passes the committee, the next thing that happens is that it comes to the full House for a vote. Bosma determines what comes up on the schedule and when, and his word on that is absolute. If the scenario is as I'm laying it out, that means that Dermody passes a bill, Bosma declines to serve it up, it goes nowhere, and Dermody loses his position on the committee and any chance of moving up. Net result is exactly what we have now, a pyrrhic victory: No Constitutional Carry in Indiana.

The other possibility is that, as the "gatekeeper" for the House, Mr. Bosma might have been approached by certain interests opposed to bills we want to pass. That could be anyone from the various state universities to Bloomberg's Everytown. Maybe they promised him votes. Maybe they promised him a fat campaign contribution. Maybe he just doesn't like the idea of John Q Public not being under government's thumb.

We need to know it if any of these are the case, and campaign to put a Democrat in for District 88 if so. District 88 isn't the only place from which a Speaker can come.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thank you BIll I appreciate and accept your apology. I have mostly looked up to you on political matters and how gracefully you put things. I'd like to think we are on the same side.
    the speaker (bosma) I want to keep saying his name, has been behind this stall for the last couple times as well. Dougherty I'm sure was happy to follow the speakers direction and play his part since he was no friend to gun rights. If this doesn't make it out of committee this session I will blame bosma and I pledge I will donate as much money as I can afford to whoever runs agains him. As well as other things I can do politicaly against him and those who fall in line blindly behind him.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...do please give me a shout when you all determine it's time for the tar and feathers. :):

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. ;)

My statement only suggests that we might all peacefully demonstrate disguised as huge chickens ...or something like that.

While the use of tar and feathers is not fitting with our present political climate, it WAS the traditional penalty for those who held office but violated their oaths.

I don't think we can lawfully use actual tar and feathers... But if there is a case of an oath being violated, perhaps a virtual tarring and feathering (with no direct violence) would be in order. If there is no such violation, then the above is not a threat to anyone, as the actions are predicated upon the cause.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom