• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup. I've called my wife on her phone. "Bring that truck back NOW! If you get pulled over, you're going to end up in jail."

These are the kinds of reasons why constitutional carry needs to be implemented immediately. Forcing people to pay money and go through undue hardship to exercise a constitutionally guaranteed right is ludicrous, and it turns good honest people into "criminals" even though there's no victim to their "crime."

I've ran (don't laugh) down the driveway, hey wait! My...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Even when the climate is right (is in the last two legislative sessions) there's always something "more important"...

I'm trying to remain optimistic this time around. Back to the phone on Monday. Let's tie up their phone lines, folks.

I hung out with ATM for awhile today and I like his idea: use the obstructionist's name as a verb so people remember who torpedoed the bill... It got Bosma'd or it got Smaltz'd. Kind of like getting Borked, make it stick to them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Even when the climate is right (is in the last two legislative sessions) there's always something "more important"...

I'm trying to remain optimistic this time around. Back to the phone on Monday. Let's tie up their phone lines, folks.

I hung out with ATM for awhile today and I like his idea: use the obstructionist's name as a verb so people remember who torpedoed the bill... It got Bosma'd or it got Smaltz'd. Kind of like getting Borked, make it stick to them.
    When I called the last time the younger guy answering seemed like he's been getting a lot of calls on this. I hope that's all they get to do in a day is answer the phone in this issue! Like you said this has been put off for too long. The constitutional rights of the citizens of Indiana is more important than many other issues this session!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Now...this may be taken out of context as the report did not show Bosma saying the words but listen to the clip in the article below. At the very end, the reporter asserts/implies Bosma doesn't want to clog up the session with a bunch of gun bills.

Proposed bills in General Assembly favor gun owners | Fox 59

Bosma has made this statement each session since Mr. Lucas has introduced it. -
    Instead we get failed bills and debate on Sunday alcohol sales and other garbage ...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bosma has made this statement each session since Mr. Lucas has introduced it. -
    Instead we get failed bills and debate on Sunday alcohol sales and other garbage ...

Is he "saving" these bills for some reason? Is he saving them for a day when he needs red meat to dangle out to get his base out to vote? I can't imagine most of these bills being any more controversial than RFRA and it's fix turned out to be or that abortion bill that was unenforceable. There's got to be a reason for his intransigence on these things.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just heard the other night that Smaltz is still considering sitting on it. Consensus is that he's doing so at Bosma's implicit urging.

No direct information on it; all at least 3rd hand, but there you go.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to handle this kind of situation. No one has a good answer for these scenarios. Bosma will say that it's up to Smaltz. Smaltz will say there's alot to get to and he's not sure if there's enough votes. Or just that he hopes to get to it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just heard the other night that Smaltz is still considering sitting on it. Consensus is that he's doing so at Bosma's implicit urging.

No direct information on it; all at least 3rd hand, but there you go.

Time to LIGHT UP Bosms's phone line. I'm taking no prisoners (in a polite kind of way). I'm going to pin whoever answers to the mat and not let them up for air until I get a answers as to why these bills are/have not been heard for the last three years.

I'm going to be one pissed-off mofo if we don't at least get committee hearings. It's time for these clowns to listen and do the People's bidding. I'm informing them I no uncertain terms that they do not automatically get my vote next time. And I'm not alone in this. There are alternatives, like voting Libertarian or abstaining. I'm sick of this crap.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to handle this kind of situation. No one has a good answer for these scenarios. Bosma will say that it's up to Smaltz. Smaltz will say there's alot to get to and he's not sure if there's enough votes. Or just that he hopes to get to it.
    Not enough votes is silly. Let it go to vote and see.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Force multiplier: how many NRA/GOA members are here? Contact those organizations concerning HB 1159 as well as Bosma, Smaltz, et al.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Both federal and state NRA have been quite active communicating to its members: https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...sion-begins-with-numerous-pro-gun-bills-filed
    NRA need to give them both crap ratings if they sit on this bill again this year. Time to hit em where it hurts and seriously try to get them beat in their primary races. Bosma would fit into the swamp Trump is draining. I remember how I used to hate what pat Bauer was doing, and now I can't believe that the republican leader is EXACTLY the same.
    if this bill doesn't get a vote this session i WILL vote for a democrat next election as a personal **** you to bosma and I will encourage everyone I know who I've converted to vote republican to do the same. Hell I will even go make phone calls for the democrat candidate

Top Bottom