• 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am in for a "C" note.

Count me in for a donation. I don't live in the area but anything that the public can do to save the life of a officer is good. I want to throw up every time hear that a officer is shot and or killed I want to throw up!

If someone finds a link to, or starts a fund please post it. Maybe even start a thread for it.

Stay safe people!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't live in Indy, but something needs to be done.

If someone sets up an INGO fundraiser to help out our LEOs, I'll donate as much as I can afford.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How much would one of the better vest run an officer?
    Retail or surplus? You can get (new) surplus military vest for a couple hundred and new plates for $200 a set. Those are muti hit plates which means they can take multiple bullets and not fail.
    I can get them for that price. I'm sure some dealers here can too.
    if you want full boat retail costs your looking at almost 2k for a best and plates.

but like VUPDblue said, the brass probably wouldn't let them wear those external vests for everyday stuff.

id be willing to put in money for an ingo cop if someone takes up a donation.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Guys, these plates, are HEAVY, the lightest stand alone plates are going to be about 5-6 lbs front and rear, PLUS carrier. It's hard a lot of days to wear soft armor only. I'd kick I some cash to try and outfit an "active shooter" type rig to be thrown in the trunk to be used on "shots fired calls", but in reality, even this I don't think would have saved this officer, because even armed with the equipment needed to stop rifle shots, fact is, he probably wouldn't have had time to get it on before this all came to play. The everyday patrol officer is just not going to wear rifle plates all day everyday.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Agreed lets do a fundraiser/ support rally for our officers and show this trash and the city we are not going to take it. We demand action on enforcing the laws and locking these criminals up. We could also donate to someone maybe FOP to help offset some these cost for the officers to buy or be provided better gear.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Agreed lets do a fundraiser/ support rally for our officers and show this trash and the city we are not going to take it. We demand action on enforcing the laws and locking these criminals up. We could also donate to someone maybe FOP to help offset some these cost for the officers to buy or be provided better gear.

Maybe some compact trauma kits could be a good idea too since even with good armor they can be hit where the armor doesn't offer any protection like we sadly saw just recently. :dunno:

Even if its just a few bucks to give some officers some free coffee and donuts (could be cookies and milk too, doesnt have to be a cop cliché :): ) it will show them that the public is behind them and Im sure they would appreciate it too. :)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Are there any INGO officers who do not have a vest? I'm in for $500. I guess Frank wouldn't mind not getting those tires!!

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Can one of our INGO officers suggest a way we could do this event? Maybe which FOP lodge would want to host or help with the distribution of the donations?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    All IMPD officers are issued soft armor, I believe it is written in the law that officers are provided armor by the department.

We have ALL recently been issued trauma kits that were paid for by local churches, businesses and the Colts.

My 8x10 plates weigh 4# each and I wear both front and back. The 10x12 plates in my SHTF carrier weigh 7# each. The 8x10s ran $160 for the pair and the 10x12s ran $220 for the pair.

We are specifically forbidden to wear outer vest/carriers. That directive came down from the top just last week. That said, I'll throw on my SHTF carrier if a real bad situation pops up like an active shooter or some such and I will gladly take the punishment for wearing it.

I am not sure that taking up a fund to purchase rifle armor is the best course of action, though I do appreciate the idea. There would have to be a general order crafted on how/when to wear it and that would be like pushing a 747 cross country.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    If you wasn't pissed about this incident before you will be now! WISH TV story about the POS family speaks out about the incident. We all knew about the prior incident with the father that resulted from him dying of a heart attack but I wasn't aware that Officer Renn was one of the officers listed in that incident report. Seems a little to ironic that this wasn't almost a setup? Maybe I'm just looking to much into it but it also makes me sick that the media airs the "he was a great guy" stories after these POS kill someone.

Murder suspect?s family speaks out about shooting | WISH-TV

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe get with these guys:

The Father's House

They did fundraisers and supplied medical supplies to all officers. They should know the in's and out's.

Nothing in General Orders specifically addresses external armor carriers, however I got told to put my helmet away when standing guard outside an evacuated building with a possible gunman inside. This was a little bit after Fishburn got shot in the head, and I'd prefer to not have the trauma he survived. However, I was "scaring the bystanders". Some of the brass gets it, some are too worried about appeasing those who claim to be afraid of such things.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am not sure that taking up a fund to purchase rifle armor is the best course of action, though I do appreciate the idea.

You will still take the donuts and coffee if people stop at your local station or is it also against the rule and considered bribery? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you wasn't pissed about this incident before you will be now! WISH TV story about the POS family speaks out about the incident. We all knew about the prior incident with the father that resulted from him dying of a heart attack but I wasn't aware that Officer Renn was one of the officers listed in that incident report. Seems a little to ironic that this wasn't almost a setup? Maybe I'm just looking to much into it but it also makes me sick that the media airs the "he was a great guy" stories after these POS kill someone.

Murder suspect?s family speaks out about shooting | WISH-TV

Just the thug spawn of a thug. He would have no way of knowing which officers would respond. You give this guy too much credit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe get with these guys:

The Father's House

They did fundraisers and supplied medical supplies to all officers. They should know the in's and out's.

Nothing in General Orders specifically addresses external armor carriers, however I got told to put my helmet away when standing guard outside an evacuated building with a possible gunman inside. This was a little bit after Fishburn got shot in the head, and I'd prefer to not have the trauma he survived. However, I was "scaring the bystanders". Some of the brass gets it, some are too worried about appeasing those who claim to be afraid of such things.

Why am I feeling a sense of Twilight Zone all of a sudden? The management had a problem with you wearing a helmet while dealing with an evacuation under threat of a gunman believed to be in the building? You were scaring bystanders? Why the Hell were there bystanders in a situation believed to involve a gunman? Has the brass gone mad?

While I am certainly against militarization, I don't expect you to be limited to a loincloth and a sharp stick either. That is a whole lot different from being literally ready for war as a standard operating procedure.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom