• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Feeling pretty good about my interview. Won't know until early May though.
    Today was the first day of interviews, mine was at 9:30 and at that point they had 3 no shows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Feeling pretty good about my interview. Won't know until early May though.
    Today was the first day of interviews, mine was at 9:30 and at that point they had 3 no shows.

The program is not for everyone. Unlike Union factory work you actually have to know something and become self reliant at the end of the program. Once you set in the seat of a service truck you are a self motivated self reliant entity.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I was happy to hear one of the 4 giving the interview say that in my application packet, it sounded to him as if I picked the right field for the apprenticeship. I think there were 4 different areas and they wanted to know which one you wanted to do most and least.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The competition is fierce for those high paying jobs.
    Not sure how old you are but try again if you can when this comes back around.
    I had many years experience when I went to the hall. Allowed me to bypass the program.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Can't say I have looked into this to much, but I think now I will look for a company that provides training or consider going back to school (again) and see where that road takes me.

The letter stated I can write an appeal letter and submit it in January for another interview net year.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Can't say I have looked into this to much, but I think now I will look for a company that provides training or consider going back to school (again) and see where that road takes me.

The letter stated I can write an appeal letter and submit it in January for another interview net year.

All the big names are hiring right now, both commercial and residential. Last I heard Johnsons was hiring, lots of roof tops but VERY nice pay. A good residential place will bring you in no experience for $14+/hr.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Signed up for summer classes at Ivy Tech. Looks like if everything goes good, this time next year I can be in the field.
    4 nights a week for summer classes, fall classes are all day one day and an evening another night. 2 classes next spring and that course program is done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Signed up for summer classes at Ivy Tech. Looks like if everything goes good, this time next year I can be in the field.
    4 nights a week for summer classes, fall classes are all day one day and an evening another night. 2 classes next spring and that course program is done.

Be aware.
    At the end of this course you will only know theory. I hope they have improved the hands on part of this course.
    If not, hit me up and I will give you the readers digest course which will put you at an acceptable level once you get the theory part.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    One word: Crawlspaces.

Between doing my own HVAC (well, HAC) in the crawlspace and the horror stories I've heard from my buddy's 2 years as a DISH installer, you need a strong stomach and a strong set of knee pads. (and in my case, some hip-waders)

Top Bottom