• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Might not be a bad idea to go to the library and flip through some BASIC hvac and electrical books. Absorb everything you can, you don't even know how remembering some obscure formula or tidbit of info will save your butt on the job. I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of experience. I sang opera and played classical piano in college.....no I'm not kidding....the most mechanical thing I had ever done was change oil and brakes with my dad.

This is excellent advice. In my almost 40 years of being in the workforce, I have scored at least two decent jobs by going to the library and reading about the job I was about to interview for. Even if you think you know it all, it never hurts to catch up on the trade rags, get a feel for the latest technology, and see what your industry is up to. I once applied to be a printing press operator, because 5 years previous I had taken a printing class in high school...so I went to the library to get refreshed on offset printing, there was a manual for a Chief 17 offset press...I skimmed through it, made note of the controls and sunnofabich if that wasn't the exact same press they wanted an operator for. I walked up to it, turned it on, and described where the ink tray was, how to load the NCR paper, how to mount a plate, and how to control the water and feed speed...got the job. It sucked, but I got it.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Took my tests today. I know I missed a few on each of the tests but I feel I did pretty good on all 4 of the tests. Now to wait and see what the results are.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Got my letter today.
    I made at least all the required minimum scores!

Says I am now on the list for an interview which will take place sometime in the spring of 2015 and I will get a certified letter telling me when.

WOOHOO!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got my letter today.

Says I am now on the list for an interview which will take place sometime in the spring of 2015 and I will get a certified letter telling me when.

WOOHOO!

Not a guarantee but a good step. Congrates.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Good Job! If you get accepted make the most of it. I see so many young guys that are in the program that don't realize what a gift they have been given.

Got my letter today.

WOOHOO!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Update:
    March 10th I have my interview.

The letter also stated on March 3rd, there is an hour long meeting for people to hear about the job/training/experience and a q & a afterwards. Guess I will be there as its a few days before my interview.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:
    March 10th I have my interview.

The letter also stated on March 3rd, there is an hour long meeting for people to hear about the job/training/experience and a q & a afterwards. Guess I will be there as its a few days before my interview.
    Best of luck to you Brandon!!!

Top Bottom