Am I that different? Or do I not understand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    So I went to the hardware store today, the GM Is a 2A guy.....I meet oneof his shooting partners, this guy starts telling me about his SUPPRESSED 22-250. Custom made can, 18 inches long, sounds like, s 22lr .....I asked about ballistics, he states "NOT AS GOOD AS A 223, BUT ITS QUITE "
    I don't get it, why would you neuter a 22-250? Why not just shoot a 223?
    Am I that different? Or do I must not understand? Please enlighten me.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    The way I read it was that the can was 18" long on a 22-250. Sounds cool to me. I suspect he doesn't realize that it has much more punch than a 223. Maybe he just has a rifle chambered in 22-250 that he likes to shoot a lot so he had a suppressor made for it?

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I'd guess he was thinking 223 has heavier bullets and therefore could have better ballistics. Or maybe he just had more POI shift or didn't change his load and was suffering poor precision. Either way, it sounds like he had something made because he thought it was cool. Sounds like good enough of a reason to me.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Sounds like a complete BS story or someone with too much money that's delusional. Custom 18" suppressor on a 20-24" barrel, what is to OAL length of the package? Who makes custom suppressors, I'm sure someone would but the cost would be prohibitive to say the least.
    What makes him think the ballistics have been altered that much by simply running the bullet through 18" inches of basically free bore? IF he's downloading it to subsonic there's no reason for the 18" suppressor? too many questions that have no logical answers. Shake your head yes, tell the guy good job and move on, it's NOT you.

Top Bottom