• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Allegedly, one of his crew members found a "noose" hanging in his garage yesterday morning. As it turns out, it was almost certainly at best a misunderstanding, but more likely an intentional misunderstanding, if not a hoax.

The "noose"? Near-100% certainty that it was nothing more than a manual garage door pull rope with hand loop, that is installed on every bay door in the garage.

It's somewhat telling that we've seen no pics of the offending "noose". You'd think something would have leaked out by now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I saw an article on FB. Apparently he saw a serpentine belt... are we to believe that he doesnt know the difference in a belt and a noose...

The lack of a picture is....interesting, but serpentine belt? No.

Chip's explanation makes more sense, but I don't have enough evidence to reach a conclusion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why you should care about the statues coming down. A Veneuelan American talks about their revolution (1 min video).

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1275289669454966784

Statues of US founders being torn down is alarming. Statues of Southern figures from the Civil War erected in the 1920s I care less about if the community is pretty united in moving past that. If it's a small number of people with oversized platforms to incrementally tear down all of American history, that's back into alarm territory. I guess some things are easier to problematize than others.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Chip's explanation makes more sense, but I don't have enough evidence to reach a conclusion.

I've yet to see one of these high profile cases pan out to be what is asserted in the news reports. Generally they turn out to be hoaxes. Maybe someone made a real ass noose and put it in place to send a message to Bubba Wallace. I suspect that it wasn't that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Statues of US founders being torn down is alarming. Statues of Southern figures from the Civil War erected in the 1920s I care less about if the community is pretty united in moving past that. If it's a small number of people with oversized platforms to incrementally tear down all of American history, that's back into alarm territory. I guess some things are easier to problematize than others.

Here's my take.

1) No mob tearing something down is acceptable. That is lawlessness. We need to separate the mob craziness from the issue of whether a certain statue should remain up. To protest a statue, petition to have it removed, speak out at meetings, contact local officials? All good. Riots and mobs taking the matter into their own hands? No.

2a) Why was the statue erected? If it was remember positive contributions a person made to the community, leave it up even if the person was not perfect. For example:

- George Washington- the statues are for the role he played in the revolution, the founding of the country and his presidency. He was a slave owner, but I am unaware of any statue built to honor this. Leave it up.

- Thomas Jefferson- the statues honor the writing of the Declaration of Independence, his presidency, etc. They are not because he owned slaves.

- Christopher Columbus- we make jokes about him being lost, but he was an explorer who opened up the Western Hemisphere to Europe. Some people don't like that, but I would urge them to not build a statue for him. He has never been honored for genocide or slavery or whatever terms they want to apply to him. Maybe Chris is a closer call, but that is what peaceful debate in the locality at issue can address.

2b) Why was the statue erected? If the main reason the statue was erected was to honor a contribution to something not worthy of honor, perhaps it should come down, but through a lawful process. Let's face it, the "but for cause" of the "Confederacy" was to maintain the institution of slavery. Sure, there were other issues involved, but slavery was at the center of all of it. I trust those who wrote the "Confederate" constitution on this. No later revisionist "lost cause" advocates trying to transform a sow's ear of a cause into a valiant silk purse will change that. I have no issue with the local leaders taking them down if it is the will of their constituents.

This is not binary and there is no "one size fits all" solution. As with everything humans touch, there is nuance because humans are fraught with imperfections and flaws or all types. If we only leave the statues of perfect people up....well:

[video=youtube;q1LGeKInBeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LGeKInBeI[/video]

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's my take.

1) No mob tearing something down is acceptable. That is lawlessness. We need to separate the mob craziness from the issue of whether a certain statue should remain up. To protest a statue, petition to have it removed, speak out at meetings, contact local officials? All good. Riots and mobs taking the matter into their own hands? No.

2a) Why was the statue erected? If it was remember positive contributions a person made to the community, leave it up even if the person was not perfect. For example:
    - George Washington- the statues are for the role he played in the revolution, the founding of the country and his presidency. He was a slave owner, but I am unaware of any statue built to honor this. Leave it up.
    - Thomas Jefferson- the statues honor the writing of the Declaration of Independence, his presidency, etc. They are not because he owned slaves.
    - Christopher Columbus- we make jokes about him being lost, but he was an explorer who opened up the Western Hemisphere to Europe. Some people don't like that, but I would urge them to not build a statue for him. He has never been honored for genocide or slavery or whatever terms they want to apply to him.

2b) Why was the statue erected? If the main reason the statue was erected was to honor a contribution to something not worthy of honor, perhaps it should come down, but through a lawful process. Let's face it, the "but for cause" of the "Confederacy" was to maintain the institution of slavery. Sure, there were other issues involved, but slavery was at the center of all of it. I trust those who wrote the "Confederate" constitution on this. No later revisionist "lost cause" advocates trying to transform a sow's ear of a cause into a valiant silk purse will change that. I have no issue with the local leaders taking them down if it is the will of their constituents.

There is not binary. As with everything humans touch, there is nuance because humans are fraught with imperfections and flaws or all types. If we only leave the statues of perfect people up....well:

That's essentially what I'm saying. Just to be clear, when I say I'm not alarmed if they tear down statues that the community wants to move past, "they" is the authorities in the jurisdiction removing the statues after having gone through the due procedures.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There is a definite lack of civility in mobs. They should not be allowed to tear down anything. However the libtards are letting them do whatever they want. This just encourages more uncivil behavior. The mobs are the obvious problem but the libtard enablers are just as bad if not worse. They both need to be fixed if we are to be a civilized nation again and right now we are moving in the wrong direction for that to happen.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently it's not enough just to tear down statues. You have to lynch them too.

https://www.koin.com/news/protests/protesters-hang-confederate-statue-from-post-in-raleigh/

AP20172087451389.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Tearing down the statues of the founding fathers and replacing them with founders of communism that caused the death of tens of millions.

lenin.jpg

This is in Seattle, WA.

These people need to be eradicated. **** those guys.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Missing rope hand-loop (notice how short the pull rope is, as if it has been cut) in stall 4. See also the rope and hand-loop in stall 5, for comparison/reference:

View attachment 88119

Here is the same stall 4 in November 2019 compared to yesterday. Notice a) the rope hand-loop is present in the earlier photo and b) again, how much shorter the pull rope is in the present:

View attachment 88120

This is either embarrassingly stupid on the part of whomever "reported" the "noose", or else it is an intentional manipulation of a misunderstanding (or creation of a hoax) to drive a particular narrative.

Now, look closer at the first image. What do you notice about the hand-loop in stall 5? Why, yes: it has been untied. Now why on earth would anyone do that?!? It boggles the mind, truly.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It appears so. You'd think the mob would tire of assuming so much and nearly always being wrong about it. Then again, many people still believe "hands up don't shoot" was real rather than a lie.

Why would they? The mob doesn't care about the truth or reality, they only care about the goal. The end justifies the means and the end is control.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why would they? The mob doesn't care about the truth or reality, they only care about the goal. The end justifies the means and the end is control.

I don't really credit the mob with having an intelligence. It looks to me more like there are instigators of the mob, and knowing participants within the mob, and then there are just almost mindless drones running the input through algorithms. It's a collective behavior but not a collective intelligence.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That easily happens when the lie is a page one headline and the retraction is a tiny blurb on page 13 and slow in coming.

Not only retractions, but major stories that should be known to the public, are buried on page 3. Heard on the AM radio Chris Plant say that the 100+ shootings in Chicago were buried on page 3 of one of the major Chiraq newspapers - I believe he said the Tribune.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom