• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tearing down the statues of the founding fathers and replacing them with founders of communism that caused the death of tens of millions.

lenin.jpg

This is in Seattle, WA.

These people need to be eradicated. **** those guys.

Fun fact. That statue is on private property, and is most commonly vandalized by the painting of its hands red.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For the record, I disagree with mobs of people tearing down statues. A while I don’t think that some statues should be placed on public property, I think the ultimate decision should be left to the citizens of community.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For the record, I disagree with mobs of people tearing down statues. A while I don’t think that some statues should be placed on public property, I think the ultimate decision should be left to the citizens of community.

Yeah...I said something like that...but a lot more long-winded.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Statues of US founders being torn down is alarming. Statues of Southern figures from the Civil War erected in the 1920s I care less about if the community is pretty united in moving past that. If it's a small number of people with oversized platforms to incrementally tear down all of American history, that's back into alarm territory. I guess some things are easier to problematize than others.

All statues brought down or defaced by a mob are a problem. They do not own them, do not represent the popular and/or owners will and operate strictly by force. Passivity in the face of aggression only emboldens it, which is why they are now pulling down:
    • Founding fathers
    • Misc presidents
    • Abolitionists
    • People who had an active hand in stopping slavery via the Civil War (Grant, Lincoln)
    • Former slaves (Cervantes)
    • Black military members
    • Jesus
    • and others

What do all of these people have in common? They are all notable and/or important to American history. Who won't be pulled down? Lenin and other communists.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Many of you are frequent participants in threads like these, that are controversial .... I am not.
    With the exception of Churchmouse, who I consider a friend, none of you know me in person.

Although I have no axe to grind, and am not affiliated with any group, or side, I feel that this video is germane to the discussion. It made me think about aspects of racial divide that I hadn't previously considered.
    The speaker is deeply Christian, conservative, and makes no judgement ..... he merely presents well-researched facts, and provides citations of his research at the close.

It's only 17 minutes long. I hope that you take the time to watch. I'm nearing 70 years old .... we can all learn.

[video=youtube;AGUwcs9qJXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUwcs9qJXY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

About the author: https://philvischer.com/about/

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It appears so. You'd think the mob would tire of assuming so much and nearly always being wrong about it. Then again, many people still believe "hands up don't shoot" was real rather than a lie.

andre' carson said people "spit on him" and called him "******" as he walked across the street for the signing of obammy care.... folks believed it.

andre' carson said there were folks "in this tea party in congress" that want to see "people like you and me hanging from trees".... folks believed it.

There are many folks more than willing to believe a race bating jackass.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ^This^

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You lose a war....there are certain consequences....at least you'd think so..

If you think this is about tearing down confederate statues, you may want to reconsider. As some have projected for years, confederate statues are just the beginning. Next comes Jefferson, Washington, etc. as we are already seeing.

This is about tearing down western culture / civilization and replacing it with a centralized authority.

Most will not notice or give a damn until it's too late.

ETA: Oh yeah.... I forgot to mention "White Jesus".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you think this is about tearing down confederate statues, you may want to reconsider. As some have projected for years, confederate statues are just the beginning. Next comes Jefferson, Washington, etc. as we are already seeing.

This is about tearing down western culture / civilization and replacing it with a centralized authority.

ETA: Oh yeah.... I forgot to mention "White Jesus".

So defend the confederates whether they should be or not because of what comes next. Got it.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What do all of these people have in common? They are all notable and/or important to American history. Who won't be pulled down? Lenin and other communists.

Yeah, sure... Maybe it's because there aren't any.

I only know of one statue of Lenin (in Seattle), and no other prominent communist statues.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So defend the confederates whether they should be or not because of what comes next. Got it.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Since you obviously didn't read it the first time:

All statues brought down or defaced by a mob are a problem. They do not own them, do not represent the popular and/or owners will and operate strictly by force. Passivity in the face of aggression only emboldens it, which is why they are now pulling down:
    • Founding fathers
    • Misc presidents
    • Abolitionists
    • People who had an active hand in stopping slavery via the Civil War (Grant, Lincoln)
    • Former slaves (Cervantes)
    • Black military members
    • Jesus
    • and others

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Since you obviously didn't read it the first time:

I read it. Apparently, you did not read my previous post.

I don't believe in mob action either, but some statues are worthy of being taken down through the proper channels.

That there has been pandering and historical revisionism...in order to pander, for many decades, doesn't change that.

There's a lot of talk about pandering to certain groups by taking statues down. Well, pandering to a certain group was why the confederate statues were put up in the first place. I won't defend them in the name of other monuments being left alone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I figured you'd like the people rising up and tearing down these edifices of the state. Power to the people, down with evil government, and all that.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah, sure... Maybe it's because there aren't any.

I only know of one statue of Lenin (in Seattle), and no other prominent communist statues.

Couldn't do a simple search? Here are locations of Lenin statues in America:
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Seattle
    • New York City
    • Hutchinson, Kansas
    • Willimantic, Connecticut

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom