• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That pic is the background on my work computer. If I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is minimize everything and look at that smile. Makes everything a little better. :)

One of the terrorists just woke up. 1st thing she does is find me and on my lap. She will be too big for that before I know it. All is right with the world at least for now.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    There is merit in about all of your opinions.
    The word has lost its meaning being drowned out in all the noise.
    I grew up in the initial bussing here on the west side of Indy. It was stressful times and the actions of many caused me and way to many others to just want to leave school and go to work. They can have it. That was my 1st look into this world. I was pushed around both mentally and physically. I may have been the 1st white student expelled for pounding a couple of those idiots into submission for pushing their :poop: on me. I have never ran and never will. And yes it was a pretty good fight.

You will notice the reference as to them being idiots and not pushing a culture or color. An idiot is exactly that. Regardless.

Did I cause any of this. No I did not. Am I tired of being held accountable for any of this.....oh yes. Completely over it.
    Because I am white is just that. I am another person that worked/struggled/endured and survived after raising a family and doing what was possible to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Those rewards are mine. Not your or theirs or that group over there. They are mine. If you want some of that then get out there and EARN IT. That is LOST IN THE NOISE AS WELL.

Lets all be careful of how we express ourselves as we move forward. The truth is there. It is a bitter pill we are forced to swallow and this will not end well.

I am going to wake up the terrorists because I need some of their hugs. They give them with out prejudice. They are the best of both cultures. Angels and devils in the same small package.

I fear we are on a path towards the edge.

I wish I could turn the other cheek in all of this but alas I am not built that way. Too much pride in what we as a family have accomplished. Keep that word/term to yourself. Push it my way and you will reap the rewards.

What have we allowed to take place.

Very well said. I can relate to a lot of this as well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Race is not a lot more than heritage. I have a Latina nice. We had a conversation back when the Zimmerman/Trayvon thing had blown up. She called Zimmerman a white racist. I said but he’s not white. He’s a dark complected Hispanic like you. She said, he acts white. I replied, then this isn’t about race, it’s about culture. This battle going on now is way more about culture than it is about skin color.

People are drawing lines between sides based on perceptions of what people’s culture should be or is, based on the color of their skin. You can’t be black and have the wrong opinion. Similar with whites. You can’t be white and not be a racist, you know, because Van Jones says it’s a virus that all white people have. He says that. But it sure seems like he considers the white people on his side of the cultural divide immune, because they’re on his side.

So it's cultural and ideological differences that is causing the problems we are seeing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So it's cultural and ideological differences that is causing the problems we are seeing.
    Yes. Conservatives tend to want to conserve tradition. Progressives don’t really care much about tradition. They care about new ideas. They want to continually progress towards those new ideas. Both kinda need each other. Not all tradition is good, but conservatives tend to be overly accepting of tradition and overly critical of new ideas, so they resist change. But not all change is good. Progressives are overly accepting of change and are overly critical of tradition. As long as there is a fair fight, neither side completely wins and so it’s the best ideas we progress. Slavery was a bad tradition. The progressives of the era pushed and shoved to eliminate it while the overly traditional people fought the change. When it works, it keeps society in a reasonable zone. Both sides need each other.

So now progressives have discovered a way to hack into people’s morality and exploit it. It’s impossible now to live in the world progressives have proposed, but the counter voice is being silenced. It’s no longer a fair fight. Using a Star Wars allegory, short of a chosen one, I’m not sure balance can be restored to the force. It kinda feels like the US will fall to the dark side within a few years. Things have escalated far beyond what I thought possible in just a few weeks.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I'm not trying to be a echo chamber for jamil, but the cultural conflict message resonates with me.

Why did Biden trip over his own d**k when he tried to define what "black" is?

Part of the progressive approach towards the making of rules for fairness is that they want to give allowances in the rules for everybody and their differences, so there really isn't a standard rule at all.

Traditionalists/conservatives embrace a set of rules that everyone is to be held to the same standard.

Thus, the loss of our society wide/uniform code of morality with the abandoning of our Christian tradition leaves our society struggling for a way to create a standard that is fair for everybody. Currently it is all powered by "feels".

Maybe not everyone agrees with the Bible, but at least it is a document that establishes a foundation for a uniform code of conduct.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Just to really stir the pot...

I'll throw in that the feminization of our society assigning superiority to emotions to rules has also created this mess.

The break-down of the nuclear family. Children from broken homes and rates of illegitimacy, the rise of the drug culture and secular humanism might also have something else to do with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just to really stir the pot...

I'll throw in that the feminization of our society assigning superiority to emotions to rules has also created this mess.

The break-down of the nuclear family. Children from broken homes and rates of illegitimacy, the rise of the drug culture and secular humanism might also have something else to do with it.

I said this to my dad when we were watching those woman (????) burn their bras on the pier in SF back in 1969 I believe. I saw this coming.
    We have to check our balls at the door to attend.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    They'll move on to something nicer when they turn downtown into the ghetto.

I'll clarify this. It was said from personal experience.

My stepdaughter and her two girls lived with us. My wife keeps a nice house, but she's not a maid. When they moved, one of the girls said they're moving out of the ghetto. This had to be something her mom said. The room was nasty, it stunk. It made the house stink. It had to be redone as soon as they left.

Point is, it was nice, and we're not in the ghetto. Someone made it nice for her, she didn't take care of what she was given, and she moved on. Rinse, repeat.

The rioters have no respect for what was made nice over many years of effort. They'll want to leave the area when they get it to a level that disgusts them.

Now the black people who were assaulting white people, just for being in the area. That's racism. It was right there on front street. They don't want to get along. They're too angry. I'm not going to coddle to someone who attacks innocent people because they're a different color.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Breaking down resistance by redefining terms and demonization works. It's a process of nullification. Look at how they did it in South Africa. It's your future.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Breaking down resistance by redefining terms and demonization works. It's a process of nullification. Look at how they did it in South Africa. It's your future.

Like disassembling actual, legislated, systemic racism?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Like disassembling actual, legislated, systemic racism?

It is dangerous ground to stand upon, but yes.

It works for legislated, systemic racism as well as other things.

I believe the key point was , "redefining terms and demonization". I highly doubt there was any intent to endorse apartheid.

Sorry NKBJ if I'm stepping on your toes.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Not stepping on my toes, sir.
    It is the process and the end goal I'm speaking to.
    Taking down SA was in essence a test for taking down the book end of resistance to the illuminists, the non-illuminist faction that has been hanging on in the USA.
    Even some of the same people are involved this time as were in SA.

By the way, keep one eye on Russia. When they put Putin out to pasture, buckle up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Not only South Africa. Almost the entire continent over the last 100 years.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    People that cite Aparthide do not understand the history that led up to Aparthide.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not trying to be a echo chamber for jamil, but the cultural conflict message resonates with me.

Why did Biden trip over his own d**k when he tried to define what "black" is?

Part of the progressive approach towards the making of rules for fairness is that they want to give allowances in the rules for everybody and their differences, so there really isn't a standard rule at all.

Traditionalists/conservatives embrace a set of rules that everyone is to be held to the same standard.

Thus, the loss of our society wide/uniform code of morality with the abandoning of our Christian tradition leaves our society struggling for a way to create a standard that is fair for everybody. Currently it is all powered by "feels".

Maybe not everyone agrees with the Bible, but at least it is a document that establishes a foundation for a uniform code of conduct.

As a conservative, I want there to be a consistent set of rules for society and I am predisposed toward the set of rules I am familiar with having grown up with them. I am confident, however, that I can prosper according to any reasonably rational and consistent set of rules that we evolve toward

I certainly would resist what I would consider an irrational position, by society, that all white people are bad just by being white. In this I can perhaps see harmonics of what black people feel is a system primed against them simply because they are black, that while it may be a relatively 'consistent' set of rules/constraints it is not to be borne because it cannot be escaped no matter how worthy a person trapped within it may be

I will give qualified support to a movement to break the chains of the one system, but I will not sit still for imposition of a 'solution' that simply transfers the chains to me

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    People that cite Aparthide do not understand the history that led up to Aparthide.

Some of us do... (remember and understand the history of apartheid).

(It's a foreign word, so that's not actually correcting the spelling, just reminding of the correct spelling.) :)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    With the Floyd killing only happening on 5/25 how is there already a completed almost 140 page bill with a ton of co-sponsors already completed? Who had to stay up nights writing that thing?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    With the Floyd killing only happening on 5/25 how is there already a completed almost 140 page bill with a ton of co-sponsors already completed? Who had to stay up nights writing that thing?
    In the desk drawer with the gun ban bills.

Top Bottom