• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Swearing it works is premature. Swearing it doesn't work is premature.
    There is some (scant) evidence that it can somehow work if given at certain doses EARLY on in infection.

As Melensdad has stated in earlier posts - in areas where it's been given out in widespread amounts in other parts of the world - it hasn't really worked at all.

If it was going to really work (that, and hydroxychloroquine (sp)) we'd know it by now and it'd be utilized in widespread amounts in widespread areas.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We'll see what some of the trials going on outside of the US show. Japan and the UK are doing large scale trials. If they show it doesn't help, then let's be done with the issue. Pounding either belief short of that is not really helping.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think you misunderstood. I think people should be able to make their own medical decisions.
    That sounds good on the surface, but when it significantly negatively impacts others, maybe the good of the whole takes precedent. A very good friend of mine, who is fully vaccinated, is recovering at home. His very good friend, who chose not to be vaccinated, is going down hill in a hospital, along with many others who chose not to be vaccinated.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We'll see what some of the trials going on outside of the US show. Japan and the UK are doing large scale trials. If they show it doesn't help, then let's be done with the issue. Pounding either belief short of that is not really helping.
    But you're ignoring the 18+ months of people trying it, and governments trying it, and it not working. No, they weren't large-scale clinical trials, but after a certain number of data points showing its ineffectiveness - that counts.

Who'd ever have imagined that an anti-parisitic medication wouldn't be useful on a human virus.

Doctor, I have a cold. Can you get me some antibiotics? Same situation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But you're ignoring the 18+ months of people trying it, and governments trying it, and it not working. No, they weren't large-scale clinical trials, but after a certain number of data points showing its ineffectiveness - that counts.

Who'd ever have imagined that an anti-parisitic medication wouldn't be useful on a human virus.

In the lab Ivermectin was shown to be effective. Even the CDC admits that much. But that doesn't translate to proving it works in humans. There have been reports around the world that it's been saving lives. There's no way to prove that it was the Ivermectin that saved those lives. You also can't prove that it didn't. You can also compare statistics of countries who use it vs those that don't. That still doesn't get you there.

That's why the clinical trials are going on. I'll reserve judgement until the results are in. It looks to me that any other conclusion than beats me :dunno:? is ideologically driven. That's a kind of delusion just like the one that swears it works. People are picking a side based on biases.

Chances are it's not all that effective. For the people who believe in it though, what's the harm in letting them have it, but under a physicians orders, so that it can be given safely? Yeah. It has some side effects that aren't all that common. If given in correct doses, certainly no more common than side effects in the mRna vaccines. And even if it's not at all effective, no one's out anything other than the cost of the meds and the dr visit.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I have no skin in this fight, but assuming that a drug designed for one thing won't be effective for something else is shortsighted. Drugs are used for all sorts of things that they were not originally designed for.

For instance, who would have thought Botox would help with migraines?

Floki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Indiana
    I have no skin in this fight, but assuming that a drug designed for one thing won't be effective for something else is shortsighted. Drugs are used for all sorts of things that they were not originally designed for.

For instance, who would have thought Botox would help with migraines?
    Correct, Its called "off label".

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I received this today from the accrediting body for my specialty. There are threatening to boot your certification if you speak out against the "science".

I have seen ER docs post they will refuse to treat covid positive people if the person is not vaccinated. I bet THAT would not get them booted, but saying a kid doesn't need a vax would.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I received this today from the accrediting body for my specialty. There are threatening to boot your certification if you speak out against the "science".

I have seen ER docs post they will refuse to treat covid positive people if the person is not vaccinated. I bet THAT would not get them booted, but saying a kid doesn't need a vax would.

f that.gif

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Last edited:

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

The water is starting to get very murky.... This is like the wife saying nope you drank soda and ate junk im not doing your root canal.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    That sounds good on the surface, but when it significantly negatively impacts others, maybe the good of the whole takes precedent. A very good friend of mine, who is fully vaccinated, is recovering at home. His very good friend, who chose not to be vaccinated, is going down hill in a hospital, along with many others who chose not to be vaccinated.
    So, should "the greater good" outweigh your 2A rights?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They are going to squash any Dr who does not tow the party line.

it's "toe the line", and did you see what they were doing? Dishing out farm grade de-worming medicine to anyone testing positive, so you think the patients were fully counseled about the risks?

people are yelling about Neuremburg Codes with cases should be up in arms about this.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dishing out farm grade de-worming medicine to anyone testing positive.
    Okay, I just read the article twice and I don't see any reference to dishing out "farm grade de-worming medicine". The doctor was prescribing ivermectin for human use. He wasn't telling them to go to Tractor Supply or Rural King. If I missed it, please point out the part about telling them to use farm grade de-worming medicine.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Okay, I just read the article twice and I don't see any reference to dishing out "farm grade de-worming medicine". The doctor was prescribing ivermectin for human use. He wasn't telling them to go to Tractor Supply or Rural King. If I missed it, please point out the part about telling them to use farm grade de-worming medicine.
    facts dont matter. FEEWINGS matter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    indeed it doesn't specify how or where the provider for the drugs. It seems the employee for it from a legit pharmacy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom