• ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    JHoBJGW.jpg

I hope OP's friend gets better I sincerely do, that being said with all of the data we have I cannot understand why anyone over the age of 50 would not want the vaccine.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have not seen that.

The disease has a recovery rate, without meds, exceeding 98%.

There is a LOT of anecdotal evidence that ivermectin does something. Certainly more positive anecdotal evidence than negative. But people getting better is the natural order of this disease so it is very difficult to prove that someone who took ivermectin was improved/cured by it.

My sister and brother-in-law both took it starting ivermectin the very day they were diagnosed. They were following the FLCCC protocols. Still took them 2 weeks to get over Covid.
    Here's what I was referring to.

https://rumble.com/vj1sm5-ivory-hecker-media-conceals-and-censors-potential-covid-treatments.html

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have actually read 22 individual scientific studies on Ivermectin published in various medical journals. Not just the summary. The actual studies. Most are pretty sketchy. None used double blind/placebo, most were retrospective, most were very small sample sizes.

There is a lot of misinformation about ivermectin. There is some very good information about ivermectin. There are some doctors who are totally convinced it works.

Meta analysis by Dr Tess Lauri shows it is generally effective, roughly 84% of the time if administered EARLY in the disease. There is a group pushing for Ivermectin to be used, it is the FLCCC and the head of that group testified in the US Senate. I do not dismiss it, I think it has huge potential if used early in the disease, as the meta-data seems to show. But in the case of the OP in this thread, it would likely be totally ineffective. And the media sources that are hyping it are not particularly credible, nor are the government sources that are trashing it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have actually read 22 individual scientific studies on Ivermectin published in various medical journals. Not just the summary. The actual studies. Most are pretty sketchy. None used double blind/placebo, most were retrospective, most were very small sample sizes.

There is a lot of misinformation about ivermectin. There is some very good information about ivermectin. There are some doctors who are totally convinced it works.

Meta analysis by Dr Tess Lauri shows it is generally effective, roughly 84% of the time if administered EARLY in the disease. There is a group pushing for Ivermectin to be used, it is the FLCCC and the head of that group testified in the US Senate. I do not dismiss it, I think it has huge potential if used early in the disease, as the meta-data seems to show. But in the case of the OP in this thread, it would likely be totally ineffective. And the media sources that are hyping it are not particularly credible, nor are the government sources that are trashing it.
    The Doc referred to in the video testified before the Senate. Most social media blocked it. So why isn't ivermectin used early on a wide basis? Now the MSM is throwing up warnings about farm store ivermectin (which they should) and still disregarding it's usefulness.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The Doc referred to in the video testified before the Senate. Most social media blocked it. So why isn't ivermectin used early on a wide basis? Now the MSM is throwing up warnings about farm store ivermectin (which they should) and still disregarding it's usefulness.
    Why? Because he can't prove it works. He says it works. He is very convinced it works. His testimony was very convincing. But facts matter.

If it really works then why, in South America, India and the Philippines didn't it work?

Many of the believer news sources credited ivermectin as effective when the actual cases started dropping BEFORE ivermectin was distributed. So again, facts matter.

There is some evidence it might work, in early stage. Let's see a real study. U of Minn and Oxford are both doing real studies. I have issues with the Oxford study, it could be better. We have no results (yet) from either.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Why? Because he can't prove it works. He says it works. He is very convinced it works. His testimony was very convincing. But facts matter.

If it really works then why, in South America, India and the Philippines didn't it work?

Many of the believer news sources credited ivermectin as effective when the actual cases started dropping BEFORE ivermectin was distributed. So again, facts matter.

There is some evidence it might work, in early stage. Let's see a real study. U of Minn and Oxford are both doing real studies. I have issues with the Oxford study, it could be better. We have no results (yet) from either.
    There is no big money to be made with ivermectin is the correct answer.

shantyshaker12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2021
    Warsaw

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    There is no big money to be made with ivermectin is the correct answer.
    Why would Peru, Bolivia, South Africa, India or the Philippines care about a company like Moderna if they could get a cheap drug.

These are basically poor countries that have varying degrees of crappy healthcare. They just want a drug that works. Ivermectin was a drug that was used in each and every one of those nations. Didn't work out very well. India started handing it out to everyone in various provinces but it didn't work. Several reports claimed it did work that the cases dropped. But the cases started dropping when Ivermectin was announced, but the actual distribution started about 10-14 days later. So ivermectin was not the cause of the case drop. Philippines, which can't afford much, touted Ivermectin until it didn't seem to slow down the run on their hospitals.

So if it actually worked well enough, we had swaths around the globe that widely used it. But it didn't work well enough to be hailed as a cure. It worked, seemingly, well enough in SOME cases, to say it has a modestly positive effect. Not too much different than aspirin relieving pain from a headache. Yes, helped some. But not enough to stop runs on hospitals.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The vaccinated appear to become super spreaders now...
    That was somewhat expected. The people with the vaccine hve little to no symptoms but are still carriers. The vaccine was never meant to stop transmission.

This thread has really been hijacked and for the record, I feel badly for the OP.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    They should use the same standards for the current 3 vaccines when speaking about the Ivermectin and such.

No one can prove the vaccines work but "they" believe they work. But since what they believed did not work, we are facing boosters!

Stop the nonsense.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Back to the original intent...any update for your friend, @Super Bee? Saw yesterday's, and figured that today sometime you would talk to the wife.

I try to only bother her every other day, she has a lot going on. Not only with her husband, they have two little girls as well.

If I hear anything today, I will post it. Thank you everyone for your concern.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I try to only bother her every other day, she has a lot going on. Not only with her husband, they have two little girls as well.

If I hear anything today, I will post it. Thank you everyone for your concern.
    Yes, saw the every other day and thought yesterday was the “off” day. Hope all goes well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You may have missed my post 156-158 I made last evening. That is the latest I have as I have not spoken with her this morning.

Thank you for asking. It is nice to see how many people care.

Very interested in your friends situation. While personally not a big fan of thread hijack I do appreciate that folks come to check on the OP and engage in banter similar to if we were actually waiting in the waiting room at the hospital...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I know one person that died of Covid-19 and they were vaccinated.

"antibody-dependent enhancement" caused by Covid-19 vaccines is to blame. Yet they will never tell you the truth they probably have it locked down as national security so no one can actually tell the truth without going to prison. Like everything else the government does not want the citizens to find out goes under national security.
    You know how we gun folks get up in arms (sometimes almost literally) when other people want to ban ARs / semi-auto rifles because think of the children? And we point to the actual statistics that show that ARs / semi-auto rifles are used in almost statistically zero murders (it's higher than that, but this is a broad brush picture)?

It's like that.

Almost zero - but not absolutely positively zero.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Very interested in your friends situation. While personally not a big fan of thread hijack I do appreciate that folks come to check on the OP and engage in banter similar to if we were actually waiting in the waiting room at the hospital...

I called his wife and read this to her and she began crying. It means the world to her that a bunch of "gun guys" can be so concerned with their problem.

Top Bottom