Not open for further replies.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Family friend is on chloraquine. 4th day in hosp. not on vent. moved to different room today. sick for one week prior to hosp. from avon.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I mean that's understandable. I hope the hospitals start getting the masks they need soon with all of the production and the stockpiles being released etc.
    I'm more talking about the folks who are still going about essential business. Pharmacy trips. Food trips. They should be wearing masks.
    Misinformation being put out by a state agency is just as bad as what the W.H.O. and even CDC did early on.
    They knew it was airborne and claimed it wasnt so they could keep people from buying masks

Yep, totally agree. I think anyone going out should wear a mask. People usually focus on protecting themselves from getting the virus but it isn't about them, they need to be sure they aren't spreading any germs. The WHO and the CDC aren't helping. If the general public realized how many people are actually currently hospitalized by this they would be in shock. I only have first hand knowledge of one Indianapolis hospital and as of Wednesday approx 1/3 of it's inpatient beds were occupied by verified or presumptive positive Covid-19 cases. I'm not saying wrap yourself in a bubble if you have to go out, but...dang it, ok I'm saying it...wrap yourself in a bubble. No germs out, no germs in.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I keep my mask on and wear gloves when I deliver groceries or prescriptions to my inlaws.
    I don't want to give them anything if I get it and i definitely dont want them going out. I'm not saying it's not a risk for me to go out. Trust me, I don't really want to at all. But my reasoning is If someone has to I'll do it because I'll make sure I follow what I know and I'll be as cautious as possible. Nothing else I can do.
    I prepped so I wouldn't have to go out but when you have other people who are at risk who need things and you want to keep them inside, someone has to go.

I think most all of us are bound to get this if we haven't already had it before.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I think most all of us are bound to get this if we haven't already had it before.

Certainly.

The goal of social distancing isn't to stop people from getting it; the goal is to slow down transmission enough so that hospitals are not overrun and that, perhaps, a treatment or vaccine can be figured out before everyone gets it. But there's no doubt that everyone worldwide will be exposed by the end of 2021 no matter what (excepting, perhaps, those few remaining uncontacted people groups in the Amazon).

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Is the hydroxychloraquine being used in large numbers now in NYC? Wonder if that's starting to have an impact on their critical patients? Or even here locally.
    I know if I got sick I'd want to be on that **** asap

I think I heard Cuomo state in his press conference one or two days ago that NY had some 1100 patients on a cocktail of hydroxychloraquine and another drug and they would know how they were working in a few days. Don’t think it was a controlled study, but with that many patients, they hopefully can get some idea whether the results differ significantly from others who didn’t receive those drugs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So am I reading this correctly, New Yorkers are escaping and surrounding states are hunting them down and sending them home.....?????

Escape from New York...?????

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So am I reading this correctly, New Yorkers are escaping and surrounding states are hunting them down and sending them home.....?????

Escape from New York...?????

I'm having trouble picturing Snake Plissken at a B&B in Rhode Island.

Rhode Island Air National Guard Sgt. William Randall, left, and Westerly police Officer Howard Mills approach a home in Westerly, R.I., while looking for New York license plates in driveways to inform them of self quarantine orders, March 28, 2020. (Associated Press)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cu...island-crackdown-on-virus-fleeing-new-yorkers

AP20088673343662.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm having trouble picturing Snake Plissken at a B&B in Rhode Island.

Rhode Island Air National Guard Sgt. William Randall, left, and Westerly police Officer Howard Mills approach a home in Westerly, R.I., while looking for New York license plates in driveways to inform them of self quarantine orders, March 28, 2020. (Associated Press)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cu...island-crackdown-on-virus-fleeing-new-yorkers

AP20088673343662.jpg

Well, Maybe build Trumps wall around NY. The time is perfect.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    hah, dog always is present. it's something we can intubate a patient inside to limit aerosolized particles. I need to cut arm holes

Arm holes, clear flexible front shroud and being creative, a vaccum port that can be conected to suction (better than nothing) to aid in aerosol displacement? The unit does not need to be acrylic and can be made disposable? That along with a mask and face shield may help?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It took us a month to go from 1 death to 1,000 deaths.

It took us 48 hours to go from 1,000 deaths to 2,000 deaths.

I think this would be expected given how many tests were done vs. now. I would imagine they didn’t have anything beyond speculation previously. Plus it seems to take a week or two before people get really bad with this. Who knows though, with the number of urns China has been handing out, it seems they downplayed their deaths.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "Who knows though, with the number of urns China has been handing out, it seems they downplayed their deaths."

Murders

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    right but then you have to deal with a ton of lazy workers who want $75/hour union packages for pulling a tool from the air, tightening one bolt and doing that for 8 hours a day. yea, thats alot of why we lost aton of jobs here, our own greed.... thats not skilled labor, sorry folks.... if you worked on an assembly line and tossed a stamp steel hood onto a body as it rolled by... thats not skilled labor.... that doesnt deserve a $30/hr wage.

made in america... where the worker does just enough to not get fired and wants to sue for slipping on their own spilled coffee.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    right but then you have to deal with a ton of lazy workers who want $75/hour union packages for pulling a tool from the air, tightening one bolt and doing that for 8 hours a day. yea, thats alot of why we lost aton of jobs here, our own greed.... thats not skilled labor, sorry folks.... if you worked on an assembly line and tossed a stamp steel hood onto a body as it rolled by... thats not skilled labor.... that doesnt deserve a $30/hr wage.

made in america... where the worker does just enough to not get fired and wants to sue for slipping on their own spilled coffee.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

And yet Subaru in Lafayette is non union. They make almost the same pay as union shops. Subaru is paying their worthless NON UNION employees 100% to stay at home. Union shops are not getting 100% to stay at home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom