• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I made a thing to intubate people through. need a mandrel for my hole saw though. first time I bent acrylic, went well.

[video=youtube;J0Y9wzCZ54c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Y9wzCZ54c[/video]

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Wow, all I'm seeing is "gloves don't help"... I don't know how anyone in their right mind couldn't see any "extra barrier" as beneficial, as long as it's not seen as an alternative to proper hygeine (hand washing, don't touch face). Sure, we're gonna wash after discarding them, and I don't know about anyone else, but the moment I reach for my face with any kind of glove on, I slam on the brakes. Use 'em, toss 'em, WASH HANDS, don't touch face (gloves or no gloves). It's not hard.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When using gloves, this might be obvious, but it's not always necessary to use two at a time. Conserve those supplies when possible.

Right. I do this when I get gas. Open the gas cap and do the credit card thing carefully then put one glove on right hand put left hand in pocket. Fill truck. Throw glove away. Close gas cap.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wow, all I'm seeing is "gloves don't help"... I don't know how anyone in their right mind couldn't see any "extra barrier" as beneficial, as long as it's not seen as an alternative to proper hygeine (hand washing, don't touch face). Sure, we're gonna wash after discarding them, and I don't know about anyone else, but the moment I reach for my face with any kind of glove on, I slam on the brakes. Use 'em, toss 'em, WASH HANDS, don't touch face (gloves or no gloves). It's not hard.
    They don't help if you leave them on and use them as a weapon to potentially spread the virus, as a lot of people are doing. They are great if you only use them for one event and then change them.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They don't help if you leave them on and use them as a weapon to potentially spread the virus, as a lot of people are doing. They are great if you only use them for one event and then change them.

Yep... nitrile gloves out of stock most places, vinyl readily available. Nitrile are designed for longer wearing. I wouldn't use the cheapest 1 mil vinyl gloves, the the 3.5 mil ones are fine for this purpose.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yep... nitrile gloves out of stock most places, vinyl readily available. Nitrile are designed for longer wearing. I wouldn't use the cheapest 1 mil vinyl gloves, the the 3.5 mil ones are fine for this purpose.
    I had the foresight to order 1000 nitrile gloves a couple of years ago to pick up dog poop, and I have about 800 left. I also found 400 more a few days ago that should be here next week.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

I think it’s more in the vein of how they are used (inappropriately, by untrained folks) rather than that they “don’t help.” It’s like the mope in the restaurant kitchen that wears gloves because he has to. But while he’s wearing one pair of gloves, he’s using the utensils, hitching up his pants, rubbing his nose, using a dirty towel, opening food packages and cross contaminating between raw and (frozen) burger patties and cooked patties on the grill. But he’s “safe.”

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Have you seen the Lexan barriers at the cashiers in Lowes. Interesting concept. The debit/credit machine is close to the customer. Unless you use cash there is no real contact.

I like it. I wonder what next year's A/B flu will look like? My bet is even that goes down. I hope these things stay around after this passes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I see people wearing gloves and not taking them off after multiple contacts. What is the point of that? The germs are spread by contact, not absorption through the skin. Put glove on, make contact, dispose. Put on new pair of gloves, make contact, dispose...etc. If you cannot do that, then washing/sanitizing your hand is more reasonable. In fact, that is likely more practical than gloves for us.

I have gloves. I don't have hand sanitizer.

If I'm wearing gloves, I consider them "dirty" if I'm in a dirty environment. When I get to a "clean" environment they come off and disposed. So, for example, putting gas in the truck. I consider the truck interior "clean". So I put on the gloves. Touch whatever I have to touch while pumping the gas. When I'm done and I have to get back in the truck, open the door, take the gloves off and dispose of them before I get in the truck.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Then you are seeing it wrong. Improperly used PPE don't help. I see it quite a bit. People wear/do things with the appearance of being safe but it's clear they have no idea what they are actually doing.
    I thought we were able to get you muzzled? We have ZERO room for facts here on INGO, especially when posted by YoU.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have gloves. I don't have hand sanitizer.

If I'm wearing gloves, I consider them "dirty" if I'm in a dirty environment. When I get to a "clean" environment they come off and disposed. So, for example, putting gas in the truck. I consider the truck interior "clean". So I put on the gloves. Touch whatever I have to touch while pumping the gas. When I'm done and I have to get back in the truck, open the door, take the gloves off and dispose of them before I get in the truck.

Proper use. Then I see the people who drive away wearing the same gloves. Seeing Door Dash drivers doing it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom