Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thank you for your feedback.

But the discussion was related to the workforce. Seemed to me that 30-69 covers most of the workforce.

And to chip's point, the ISDH data is not particularly granular. It is 10 year increments. Nothing I can do about that.

Unless you are Bernie Sanders, many in the workforce are going to be under thirty.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Spreading longer than some thought.
    RO of over 5 according to the CDC.

End the stay at home order and you are going to need quite a few more people to bury bodies.

Companies like Ford or GM are not going back to work even if you lift the stay at home orders. They need parts,parts not made in the USA to build cars.

Over the last 50 years we have painted ourselves into an ever smaller corner.

We lack options. A restart would probably still lead to massive unemployment given supply line issues among others. Do you think restaurants will be booming if we reopen them?
    Who would go out to eat given what is known?

We can not even keep a military aircraft carrier running and combat ready. You think the economy is less complex?

I mentioned quite awhile ago I thought the world was in trouble. It is.

The DOW just performed better than any week since 1974. Why does it not feel that way? Because it is a fraud created and fueled by the Federal Reserve bank.

Our problems are much larger than covid-19.

If we accept opening back up we are looking at death rates not seen in at least 102 years. Staying closed is not much better as our supply system further fails.

Where do we start when you have millions of pounds of food thrown away while shelves at stores are not restocked because someone needed a foam tray and some plastic made in China?

I think we will have to relearn what we think of as beneficial to our society. It may even cut deeper than that as people realize what they actually need to survive has value,more value than the latest Iphone.

While we are sitting in our homes with many wanting things to go back to the way they were.I can only sit here and think what should actually have value in our society so this never happens again.

We as a country are not getting out of this without pain. The least we can do is learn from it.

If production of goods does not return to America we are finished as a world power. Finance and service industries are not a real economy.

If misery was a black liquid in a jar.....

....I get the feeling that you might pick the jar up to see if any more is leaking on the table.

Your reporting is beginning to remind me of Job's wife. Are we to cover ourselves in ashes and curse God?

Pfffft.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I fixed this a little to show the higher number of cases in a bad situation.

0bw1Tv8.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Put me all the way back in the denial phase I guess. I'm calling BS on the huge body count calls.
    Also the prolonged unemployment numbers and the economy in doom and gloomforever. Nope not buying that either.
    We will adapt if it comes to that and we will still move forward and have iPhones .
    I refuse to live in a box. I'll take precautions but I won't live being overwhelmed daily by a constant fear of death and doom. F that.
    I've been shot at and I didnt tuck tail and run then and I wont run now.
    We will make it and we WILL thrive.
    And Ford and GM will always find a way to screw consumers you can count on that

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Even BEFORE C-virus was on my radar back in Nov 2019 my SOP was avoid any and all sick people everywhere.

If you are sick and in a meeting with me it is well know either I'm walking out or that sick person is. No i dont wash my hands then as much as now but no sick people around me was my SOP before this. Its rude to be sick and bear others and i have no issues telling sick person to GTFO!

Back in my church going days, the piano/organ lady would go on rants when people missed church because of illnesses. "It's just an excuse." "Flu? Suck it up. Good for the immune system."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    the only cases we know about are the diagnosed ones. I posted an article that some places may only be diagnosing 6% of their cases in the community because the vast majority have minimal to zero. but we certainly are aware of the deaths.

hospital admissions in NYC are decreasing. they are flat to decreasing in indiana. isn't the way to tell if something is not worsening is you are seeing it slow down?

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

if my basement was leaking and I was doing things to mitigate it I'd say it's getting better when I saw less water coming through the wall, right? I'd say progress was being made and the worst is over.

Until it rains harder and then the water starts coming in faster. True story.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's an answer to a question I didn't ask. :)

What number would be "too high" for you. Or...

It sounds like it doesn't matter to you what that number would be? I feel like I've gotten to know your approach to things in our years here on INGO, and that doesn't jibe.

Even 1% of the US population is about 3M people - including many in that high-income 40-60 years old range. That's economic depression-inducing alone.

Would you really be ok with that?

"Whatever happens happens. It's natural." is what people say when they think it's not gonna happen to them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't think the goal is to minimize cases. It is to ensure the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed.

In all this "flattening the curve" talk, no one seems to have noticed that the oft-shared graph seems to indicate the same number of people under the curve, regardless. just prolonging the effect.

Don't know if that's accurate....but that's clearly what the graph showed.

flattening_the_curve_2.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If misery was a black liquid in a jar.....

....I get the feeling that you might pick the jar up to see if any more is leaking on the table.

Your reporting is beginning to remind me of Job's wife. Are we to cover ourselves in ashes and curse God?

Pfffft.

Quite the opposite. What I want to see is a government that stops acting in a reactionary way and starts to look ahead and prepare for the future.

That is when I will have more hope.

If you can only react to events your life is based on events. If you can plan ahead events already have a known reaction,and you simply move on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In all this "flattening the curve" talk, no one seems to have noticed that the oft-shared graph seems to indicate the same number of people under the curve, regardless. just prolonging the effect.

Don't know if that's accurate....but that's clearly what the graph showed.

flattening_the_curve_2.jpg

The way it was explained was that 1) medical care was important to the prognosis of people who are impacted seriously. 2) flattening the curve was to prevent over-reaching the medical resources so that help would be available for those who need it, as well as not expending all the resources on it so that people who need medical care not relating to covid could get it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get that this is the theory.

But I guess I'm curious about the number of people who get off the vent and make a meaningful recovery. We are assuming availability of ICU beds and vents saves a significant amount of lives. Does it?

I've heard the half kicked around. So you're on a vent you have a 50/50 chance of surviving.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom