Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, do all these players have power to create controversy because we give it to them? I see them as the next Kardashians (sp?), you know, worthless people that only exist in the public eye because people look, then talk, tweet, bleet, etc.

If the cameras never pointed at the players during the National Anthem, then all their shenanigans would go for naught. If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it really fall?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    94 percent of people killed by police are men.......When oh when will we quit being shot?????? It's not the COLOR of our skin.....It's our penises that are getting us killed........

That's what Bruce Jenner realized.....He doesn't "feel" like he is a woman....He just doesn't want to get shot......

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Say what you will about Donald Trump, but the left is so utterly predictable that all he had to do was say....anything about this whole mess and many, many people knee-jerked right into protesting in a way that looks like the are protesting America, not him. I'd like to think he planned it, but the truth is when he starts getting applause, he just starts ratcheting up the rhetoric- applause junkie.

If he really wants to accomplish something, he should say that anyone who opposed Obamacare should be fired. The leftists would break their necks supporting repeal and replace just to go the opposite way of Trump.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    If you've ever worked in or with a sports franchise, the fan experience is EVERYTHING. You want their butts in the seats buying overpriced food, drink and wearing your swag.

The irony here is the NFL and it's players are pissing off the fans which are most likely the same group of middle class people that voted for Trump, not all, but likely a large majority. A football game, concert, auto race, etc. are not meant to be political platforms although they are being used as such. Fans have paid a significant amount of money for their 18"x2' seating area and have an expectation to be entertained. This form of protest is going to create some division and backlash from the fan base.

Simply put, no matter which side of the issue the NFL an players chooses to be on, they are going to lose fans, viewers and advertisement revenue.

Mike

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you've ever worked in or with a sports franchise, the fan experience is EVERYTHING. You want their butts in the seats buying overpriced food, drink and wearing your swag.

The irony here is the NFL and it's players are pissing off the fans which are most likely the same group of middle class people that voted for Trump, not all, but likely a large majority. A football game, concert, auto race, etc. are not meant to be political platforms although they are being used as such. Fans have paid a significant amount of money for their 18"x2' seating area and have an expectation to be entertained. This form of protest is going to create some division and backlash from the fan base.

Simply put, no matter which side of the issue the NFL an players chooses to be on, they are going to lose fans, viewers and advertisement revenue.

Mike

This, at least, makes sense.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Say what you will about Donald Trump, but the left is so utterly predictable that all he had to do was say....anything about this whole mess and many, many people knee-jerked right into protesting in a way that looks like the are protesting America, not him. I'd like to think he planned it, but the truth is when he starts getting applause, he just starts ratcheting up the rhetoric- applause junkie.

If he really wants to accomplish something, he should say that anyone who opposed Obamacare should be fired. The leftists would break their necks supporting repeal and replace just to go the opposite way of Trump.

IMO, Republicans should get out of the way and let Obamacare collapse under it's own weight. Anything they pass, they "own".

BTW, it is no longer "insurance" when someone who has never paid a penny in premiums purchases a plan AFTER they find out they have some god-awful-expensive-to-treat condition. They've paid nothing in and now the health insurance company, and their premium payers through premium increases, are on the hook for the $100,000's or millions of dollars of treatment.

It is as fundamentally unsustainable as allowing the purchase of life insurance AFTER someone is already dead!

And, btw, this isn't a surprise to anyone, least of all Obama... the plan all along was to convert Obamacare to SINGLE PAYER, after the collapse was blamed upon greedy insurance companies, naturally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, that wasn't really my point, but OK.

How about this- Trump should say that all abortion providers should be fired....then watch the leftists jerk the wheel to hard pro-life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This, at least, makes sense.

And this is my entire point. Maybe not so well or clearly stated.
    These "Activists are choosing to abuse a privilege we as fans allow them. The huge audience is the target. Not at all sure what the agenda is anymore as it has become muddled/confused.

Drop the politics during our entertainment free time. Just drop it. Find another way.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If these NFL players took a knee, during the anthem, to protest the mistreatment of war vets. How would you view that? Would you have the same anger, would you sympathize, or would you support?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMO, Republicans should get out of the way and let Obamacare collapse under it's own weight. Anything they pass, they "own".

BTW, it is no longer "insurance" when someone who has never paid a penny in premiums purchases a plan AFTER they find out they have some god-awful-expensive-to-treat condition. They've paid nothing in and now the health insurance company, and their premium payers through premium increases, are on the hook for the $100,000's or millions of dollars of treatment.

It is as fundamentally unsustainable as allowing the purchase of life insurance AFTER someone is already dead!

And, btw, this isn't a surprise to anyone, least of all Obama... the plan all along was to convert Obamacare to SINGLE PAYER, after the collapse was blamed upon greedy insurance companies, naturally.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't keep up. Depending on the day Kap's girlfriend is either a Marxist, or Sharia adherent Islamist. Today she's a Marxist?

Honestly, the backlash is probably more attributed to the inevitable change of the culture of the nation. It's a last gasp of former thinking, a changing of the guard. As the nation's ideals, demographics, and culture slowly (well faster than slowly) change, there's bound to be backlash. I get it. People want the America of the 40s and 50s. I can see why that kind of Americana is attractive and hold so much sway. But for better or worse, were not returning to that. And because of that backlash, there's going to be an even stronger pushback. Look... it's already happening. Drugs legalization, removal or divisive monuments, gender recognition, calls for immigration reform, healthcare, protests, demonstrations, etc, etc, etc. So yeah, it's a culture war. One culture trying to stay relevant, as the other tries to gain relevance. However there's a clock on this change of culture, and for good or bad, it favors the latter.

Forgot to add "cultural". She's a "Cultural Marxist". A leftist flavor of identitiarianism, much like alt-right is a right wing flavor of identitarianism. And given how she dresses, I think she's far from a real Sharia adherent Islamist. And I guess I can't blame Kaep too much for being ***** whipped. I mean she's kinda hot.

About the other stuff, in some things, sure. There's a natural progression to overcoming human nature. The expected growing pains of natural social evolution are quite different from everything that is going on now, and it only explains a small subset of the divide. For example, do you really think white people wearing dreds actually harms black people? Probably about as much as Beyonce dying her hair blonde harms Swedes. The term "cultural appropriation" is nonsense and it promotes a fake societal harm. Activist extremists push societal evolution towards nonsense, towards chaos. There's an intent.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If these NFL players took a knee, during the anthem, to protest the mistreatment of war vets. How would you view that? Would you have the same anger, would you sympathize, or would you support?

I'll get back to you just as soon as that happens.

The NFL wasn't real excited about honoring murdered police officers, so.....

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I guess I need to catch up. I thought Kaepernick was protesting unequal treatment of blacks by police. No one is stating the purpose of the kneeling or at least the media sound bites aren't including any explanations. The closest I've seen were a couple of Colts that explained what it wasn't. It wasn't anti police, military or country and wasn't disrespecting the flag or anthem. It is bigger than any of that and is about the current social injustice (but no definition of that social injustice was given).
    I would interpret Kaepernick's version to be anti police. This seems to have evolved into something that no one will name. If it is simply a poke in Trump's eye for his comments I wouldn't think that players would hesitate to say so. Why won't anyone say what the kneeling actually represents? Or have I missed the BIG PICTURE?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's a difficult thing to imagine ever happening. Maybe you can find a more realistic equivalence.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color..."

He is blaming this on the whole country. Find something equivalent to THAT.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Well, that wasn't really my point, but OK.

How about this- Trump should say that all abortion providers should be fired....then watch the leftists jerk the wheel to hard pro-life.

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone notice the ratings for Sunday and Monday football? Up 3%.

Apparently people tuned in to see who was going to kneel.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    94 percent of people killed by police are men.......When oh when will we quit being shot?????? It's not the COLOR of our skin.....It's our penises that are getting us killed........

That's what Bruce Jenner realized.....He doesn't "feel" like he is a woman....He just doesn't want to get shot......

I hadn't really thought of it that way. When are you buying culottes and strappy sandals?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom