• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wasn't to a SEAL that suggested that Kaepernick kneel?

Thats what he claimed after just maxin' and relaxin' on the bench originally.

...which is why I personally think this whole thing started as a "I can't be bothered to stand for this crap"....and then he reinvented it as some sort of "noble" cause when the backlash started.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thats what he claimed after just maxin' and relaxin' on the bench originally.

...which is why I personally think this whole thing started as a "I can't be bothered to stand for this crap"....and then he reinvented it as some sort of "noble" cause when the backlash started.

I don't think that's an outlandish hypothesis. In fact, it's entirely plausible. It would also explain the inherent stupidity and complete lack of consideration of potential consequences of his actions.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You can wear you ball cap on backwards.
    You can wear your pants down below your knees.
    You can change gay from happy to homosexual.

But, darling? When you kneel, you are praying or showing respect. You can't make that a protest. It doesn't work. Tebow took a knee. We all knew what that meant. And some didn't think that was appropriate for a football game. Jesus' name shouldn't be invoked for dumb stupid stuff like football wins.

So, when all these dudes who make megabucks attempt to take an action that for 5000+ years has meant respect or submission to mean something for their experience (which I might wonder whether they've actually had that experience given that they are some of the select few humans to be accorded a professional uniform in that sport), I say: LOL. Get up, moron! That isn't a protest. That's a Tebow!

And pull your pants up while you're at it. You look like a plumber.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I think it was already obvious that some former soldiers had no clue as to why they were serving, and what they were defending.

I guess they never could quite wrap their heads around the fact that they were defending the right of a few 'Americans" who, since high school, have had life smoothed for them like they were a curling stone and who were given a free ride at a prestigious college for the sole purpose of 'studying' leveraging physical talent into a lucrative career

Silly of veterans to think higher ideals than the worship of mammon could be involved

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I think it was already obvious that some former soldiers had no clue as to why they were serving, and what they were defending.

Are they calling for the government to step in?
    Cause Free Speech is a limitation on government, not citizens.
    Players have a RIGHT to protest.
    And others have a RIGHT to agree or disagree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom