Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyone notice the ratings for Sunday and Monday football? Up 3%.

Apparently people tuned in to see who was going to kneel.

Rubberneckers flock to a trainwreck, especially when advertised in advance.

I was called to do neighborhood IT work last evening. Heard the anthem on in the other room and had to run in to see if the SOB's were kneeling.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rubberneckers flock to a trainwreck, especially when advertised in advance.

I was called to do neighborhood IT work last evening. Heard the anthem on in the other room and had to run in to see if the SOB's were kneeling.

My son and I streamed a baseball game yesterday. Didn't see anyone making politics out of that. Didn't bother watching the NFL at all this week but I did pay attention to scores and highlights of Bears and Colts games throughout the day. I'm just tired of the politicization of everything. That's why I didn't watch. If they want to play football, I'll watch it. If they want to protest, I'll turn them off.

joneser49

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 6, 2011
    southern Indiana (ohio river)
    I appreciate things like this. It lets me know who's who. If I wasn't sure before, now I know which friends, family, celebrities, athletes, politicians, fellow INGOers are Anti-America. You can spin it any way you want to. Purposefully not standing for the National Anthem or siding with those doing so is Anti-America. ANY excuse to sit or kneel shows me EXACTLY who you are. Just my opinion. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My son and I streamed a baseball game yesterday. Didn't see anyone making politics out of that. Didn't bother watching the NFL at all this week but I did pay attention to scores and highlights of Bears and Colts games throughout the day. I'm just tired of the politicization of everything. That's why I didn't watch. If they want to play football, I'll watch it. If they want to protest, I'll turn them off.
    It's why I won't watch national news, sports or just about anything anymore. Everything is offensive,trump is the devil and the world is ending because racist, sexist, homophobic,transphobic, blah blah blah.... nope. Just a whole lotta nope from me.

We've been hearing how racist we are now for almost 9years. That card is so overused at this point everyone knows what card it is before it's even turned over because it's so worn. **** people. **** idiots. **** overpaid jocks. **** over paid actors. ****. Them. All.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    It's why I won't watch national news, sports or just about anything anymore. Everything is offensive,trump is the devil and the world is ending because racist, sexist, homophobic,transphobic, blah blah blah.... nope. Just a whole lotta nope from me.

We've been hearing how racist we are now for almost 9years. That card is so overused at this point everyone knows what card it is before it's even turned over because it's so worn. **** people. **** idiots. **** overpaid jocks. **** over paid actors. ****. Them. All.

:+1:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So, I found this interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-field-for-anthem/?utm_term=.ba13b9bf0cc6

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual, according to a league source. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Romantic_Couple_Silhouettes_Clip_Art_Image.png

A final protest?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i would bet that they didn't serve for over paid football players kneeling for the wrong reasons.....

Specifically no, generally, as part the US population, yes. Soldiers serve to protect the rights of all Americans, even those that they disagree with. If speaking as a private citizen, they should be extended every benefit in making their grievances known concerning protests, but when they stand on the crutch of their service as one of the primary reasons they oppose Kap's and the NFL, in general's display, they are in my opinion forgetting the reason why they served in the first place. They served FOR people to be able to express unpopular opinion, not to be able to throw their service in the faces of people of whom they find their speech distasteful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom