Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll agree with that. Trump made that happen. Whereas the whole kneeling thing had pretty much faded, to being nothing more than an afterthought in the media. Donald J. Trump goes to Alabama, and gives a speech about black players kneeling in protest over mistreatment of their fellow citizens. Speaking from the authority of the office of the president, the commander in chief, the head of our govt.... in one swoop dismisses the entire movement, as being something other than it was.

I agree about Trump turning it into an even bigger **** show, but "dismissing an entire movement"? Dude, are you serious? So this thing which faded to being nothing more than an afterthought in the media is an entire movement? Which Trump singlehandedly dismisses? Yeah. You're right. Trump is playing 4-D chess here. Obviously outclasses everyone on the planet.

Or, alternate viewpoint: maybe, Kaepernick got *****-whipped by his Marxist girlfriend and made a fool of himself, fighting for a cause that didn't really exist, at least not in the way he thinks it does. And maybe that's the grand movement in its entirety. As for Trump, he just blathered his random thoughts into a mic and onto twitter, and **** just happens from there. And the "movement" wasn't strong enough to even overcome Trump's random blathering.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Hearsay" means unverified. You don't have enough information to make that assertion.

Sure I do. You're comparing Kaepernick's little journey for ***** with an actual, organized, movement to end systemic, codified racism. Since you got that so wrong, "unverified" is confirmed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure I do. You're comparing Kaepernick's little journey for ***** with an actual, organized, movement to end systemic, codified racism. Since you got that so wrong, "unverified" is confirmed.

ETA: the ***** doesn't make it obvious. So start it off with a 'p'.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll agree with that. Trump made that happen. Whereas the whole kneeling thing had pretty much faded, to being nothing more than an afterthought in the media. Donald J. Trump goes to Alabama, and gives a speech about black players kneeling in protest over mistreatment of their fellow citizens. Speaking from the authority of the office of the president, the commander in chief, the head of our govt.... in one swoop dismisses the entire movement, as being something other than it was.
    Did Trump actually say anything about the color of the players skin?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Hold on - I didn't read anything in the transcript that said "black". Period. It's not just black players taking a knee. The only one in MLB taking a knee is white.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Been Roethlisberger made this statement this morning. Well said Big Ben:

I was unable to sleep last night and want to share my thoughts and feelings on our team’s decision to remain in the tunnel for the National Anthem yesterday. The idea was to be unified as a team when so much attention is paid to things dividing our country, but I wish we approached it differently. We did not want to appear divided on the sideline with some standing and some kneeling or sitting.
    As a team, it was not a protest of the flag or the Anthem. I personally don’t believe the Anthem is ever the time to make any type of protest. For me, and many others on my team and around the league, it is a tribute to those who commit to serve and protect our country, current and past, especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice.
    I appreciate the unique diversity in my team and throughout the league and completely support the call for social change and the pursuit of true equality. Moving forward, I hope standing for the Anthem shows solidarity as a nation, that we stand united in respect for the people on the front lines protecting our freedom and keeping us safe. God bless those men and women.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree about Trump turning it into an even bigger **** show, but "dismissing an entire movement"? Dude, are you serious? So this thing which faded to being nothing more than an afterthought in the media is an entire movement? Which Trump singlehandedly dismisses? Yeah. You're right. Trump is playing 4-D chess here. Obviously outclasses everyone on the planet.

Or, alternate viewpoint: maybe, Kaepernick got *****-whipped by his Marxist girlfriend and made a fool of himself, fighting for a cause that didn't really exist, at least not in the way he thinks it does. And maybe that's the grand movement in its entirety. As for Trump, he just blathered his random thoughts into a mic and onto twitter, and **** just happens from there. And the "movement" wasn't strong enough to even overcome Trump's random blathering.

I can't keep up. Depending on the day Kap's girlfriend is either a Marxist, or Sharia adherent Islamist. Today she's a Marxist?

Honestly, the backlash is probably more attributed to the inevitable change of the culture of the nation. It's a last gasp of former thinking, a changing of the guard. As the nation's ideals, demographics, and culture slowly (well faster than slowly) change, there's bound to be backlash. I get it. People want the America of the 40s and 50s. I can see why that kind of Americana is attractive and hold so much sway. But for better or worse, were not returning to that. And because of that backlash, there's going to be an even stronger pushback. Look... it's already happening. Drugs legalization, removal or divisive monuments, gender recognition, calls for immigration reform, healthcare, protests, demonstrations, etc, etc, etc. So yeah, it's a culture war. One culture trying to stay relevant, as the other tries to gain relevance. However there's a clock on this change of culture, and for good or bad, it favors the latter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seriously, those are the people who are kneeling. He didn't have to specifically state that.

Every player that has knelt was black?

Before Trump's remarks, I think that's mostly true. Hell, now even Jerry Jones knelt.

In fairness to Jones, it's interesting how the Cowboys did it. the whole team + Jones knelt before the anthem started, then stood for the anthem.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In fairness to Jones, it's interesting how the Cowboys did it. the whole team + Jones knelt before the anthem started, then stood for the anthem.

Which I support. I don't want to bury the issue. I would just like the discussion to be about the issue rather than the anthem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which I support. I don't want to bury the issue. I would just like the discussion to be about the issue rather than the anthem.

It was pretty remarkable how both sides reacted to it. It pissed of both the right and the left. (disclaimer: objects in Twitter may be smaller than they appear)

I thought it was a classy way to separate the issue from the thing that has overshadowed the issue.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm personally done with the NFL. I hope the ratings fall and the left will see again what they have created. Trust me, I am not the only one that will no longer be tuning in to watch football on Sunday. I watched the morning news and saw a Colts season ticket holder throw his season tickets into his fire place.
    I believe most people in this Country align in the center to slightly right. I really am more of a moderate with right leanings. But I want the loud minority to slit their own throats. The social justice warriors and the minlineals just don't know when to shut their mouths.

This is exactly how Trump got elected in the first place.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I believe most of the players and coaches are caught in a catch 22. What the Cowboys did last night was a show of team solidarity and that they meant no disrespect to the flag or anthem - or dead Americans. It's an attempt to find their place and get back to football, make the protest about the protest and not who's a patriot or not.

I think the POTUS tweet and the boos were because it was new and they thought it was same old/same old, only a double down. I clearly was not.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for spitting on the flag and the anthem. Maybe we can talk football?...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Funny, how kneeling is disrespectful to the nation and the flag, but maintaining monuments and flying flags, of traitors, to that same nation is not.
    #bizzarolandlogic

Funny how you completely overlook that it is not JUST kneeling, but also sitting, raising a fist and staying in the tunnel/locker-room. And, never-mind that all of the above violate the NFL's own rule book.

Not being selective with the "facts" there, are you, Kut?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny how you completely overlook that it is not JUST kneeling, but also sitting, raising a fist and staying in the tunnel/locker-room. And, never-mind that all of the above violate the NFL's own rule book.

Not being selective with the "facts" there, are you, Kut?

Ok, fixed it for you.

Funny, how kneeling, raising a fist, sitting and staying in the locker room tunnel is disrespectful to the nation and the flag, but maintaining monuments and flying flags, of traitors, to that same nation is not.
    #bizzarolandlogic

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom