Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This story has been a regular along my life's path. Not for me of course but watching friends fall off the path.
    I always had to laugh when a buddy sold his HotRod to appease a new girlfriend that in short order had moved on to ruin someone else's life.

I have hit some hard times and sold cars I regret selling but family 1st

My buddy did a frame off, nut and bolt restoration of a Corvette. Then he got married. Sold the Corvette to buy an in ground swimming pool because his wife loved a pool. (and looked really good in a swim suit ) A few years later they started having kids. She was afraid the babies would drown, He filled the pool with sand and planted sod over it. He still talks about his restored Corvette, does not say much about the pool. I guess they will dig out the pool when the kids get older.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My buddy did a frame off, nut and bolt restoration of a Corvette. Then he got married. Sold the Corvette to buy an in ground swimming pool because his wife loved a pool. (and looked really good in a swim suit ) A few years later they started having kids. She was afraid the babies would drown, He filled the pool with sand and planted sod over it. He still talks about his restored Corvette, does not say much about the pool. I guess they will dig out the pool when the kids get older.
    That is an all too common thing.

I will sell my toys but only in a serious crisis not for a damned pool. Oh hell no. CKW may read this but she knows....:):

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    My brother had a '69 convertible. 350/350 4-speed. Steel City Gray, I believe was the name of the paint. I thought it was a cool car though manual steering (and brakes maybe) made it kinda crude.
    That's a 1969 350/350 4-Speed. It also has manual steering and brakes. It's an original NCRS Top Flight, Bloomington Gold winner.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a 1969 350/350 4-Speed. It also has manual steering and brakes. It's an original NCRS Top Flight, Bloomington Gold winner.
    That series small block was a serious street package. My street racing buddy had this (L-79..??) in his 68 no frills Nova. 3 peddles, headers carb and distributer work. 4.10 gear and lakewood bars. It was only beat once to my memory and that was a Hemi road runner and it was by a fender at the stripe.
    I loved that car.

Last edited:

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    That series small block was a serious street package. My street racing buddy had this (L-79..??) in his 68 no frills Nova. 3 peddles, headers carb and distributer work. 4.10 gear and lakewood bars. It was only beat once to my memory and that was a Hemi road runner and it was by a fender at the stripe.
    I loved that car.
    In '69 the code for the 350/350 was RPO L-46. If I remember correctly, a cam change and an aluminum high rise intake turned the L-46 into an LT-1 and bumped the horsepower from 350 to 370.

Top Bottom